Player of the Season

Begovic very obviously. Danjuma has been out injured and was pretty poor from like Dec-Woodgate. You could even argue that Billing has been on absolute top form for nearly the same amount of time as Danjuma tbh.

Solanke in bronze. A shoutout to CCV too who I think has been mostly excellent barring 1 or 2 performances.

Got to be Ajani Burchall, the only player in our squad who has performed consistently enough to earn his opportunity at a higher level.

Otherwise has to be Begovic, started off as our number 2 keeper back in August, written off by many including myself, didn’t throw his toys out of the pram, got his chance and has been the consummate professional all season. We would have a lot less points without him.

Danjuma also deserves a mention, only down my list as he had a block of games out through injury and I think there’s still more consistency to come from him

Player of the season, for me, has to be about consistency rather than sporadic impact. Danjuma was awful for much of the season. Without Begovic we wouldn't be in the play offs. So it has to be him. No one else has performed consistently well over the whole season.

When Diego Rico was looking impressive at the start of the season his who scored rating was often quoted, even by himself on social media.

His form has obviously fallen off a cliff and with it, so has his who scored rating for the season.

So whilst I don’t really know how they compile it and it obviously doesn’t score on everything, it is a pretty decent barometer.

6520CF85-BAEA-4E19-84F7-D1F527DCD7E4.jpeg

As for Begovic, undoubtedly most improved player of the season. Which has been impressive. It does however highlight how far he had fallen with his performances.

If this season he’s put in more effort and found some inner belief and pride then why was that lacking years ago when he was clearly a player going through the motions?

This season he’s pulled off some great saves, he still has his weak areas, which have been exploited time and time again this season hence why, in part, we are the worst side in the league at defended crosses and he had a few games of blunders potentially due to an injury. Both of those things have probably seen him score low ratings which has ruined his overall season long average.

Last edited:
Echo thoughts from above. When Danjuma is on it he can absolutely tear this league apart, but when he’s not he can be totally anonymous. If we’re talking consistency over the course of the season it has to be Begovic.

Player is the season has to be begovic ...
I think Stanislas has been out most consistent outfield performer over the duration of the season .

Danjuma for his goals and improvement in the back end of the season with assisting others and not just going it alone.

Begovic who has saved us time and again with his saves.

I would have them sharing the prize, as they are in different parts of the pitch with different jobs to do.

Had to vote for one, so Begovic.

Last edited:
Begovic, Solanke, Danjuma in that order for me.

Begovic gets my vote for the turnaround in form, which I think none of us would have thought he was capable of at this stage of his career. A brilliant effort on his part.

Solanke gets my vote for second place because his effort has been beyond reproach, he has been totally professional and has worked hard all season. Scored plenty of goals along the way too.

Danjuma is only third for me because of his, at times, inconsistent performances this season. He has yet to deliver a 100% season IMO whereas I'd say Solanke has managed that so far this season. Danjuma's 100% season would be better than Solanke's obviously, we just haven't seen it yet.

;