Player scores vs Newcastle

Druss_the_Legend

UTC Legend
Im missing the post match thoughts thread!

Neto - 7 Couple of great saves. I know he has made mistakes but I still feel like we have a top keeper in goal

Aarons - 8.5 Real shame he went off. One of our very best recent signings. Absolute class
Zabarnyi - 7.5 Along with Karl Broadhurst along side him the were solid and effective, giving up very little
Senesi - 7.5 See Zabarnyi
Kelly - 8 Clearly picked to keep Newcastle's best player quiet in Almiron. AI knew that with other players out, he was their main threat. Marshaled him well.

Christie - 9 Would have got more but his shot was saved ;) How can people watch him play like that and think hes not good enough? In the style we play hes the first name on the team sheet.
Cook - 9 When you play the style we do, you need someone willing to do the hard work covering all the gaps your attacks create, Cook did that and then some last night. Superb

Kluivert - 7.5 Another performance that shows the improvement our attacking lineup is making now they understand the task asked of them. Marked down slighty for decision making.
Tavernier - 8 Why oh why do we not pass more to this man when free? If anyone has the full match on record, please count how many times he was free in the box and not passed to. Another vital part of the jigsaw.
Semenyo - 8.5 Pace and power. Wins far more headers than he deserves to.
Solanke - 9 The first goal was under rated on MOTD. His reaction and pace to get ahead of the defenders to the ball and then the finish.. "chefs kiss". Please footballing gods, wrap this man up in bubble wrap and keep him safe all season.

Its easy to go over the top after one good win, at home, against a team that, yes, have a stupid amount of players out right now. But when this forum is super negative after every loss, close or not, we have to enjoy these moments. Along with a reminder that Eddies Newcastle have taken just 2 points off us in 3 games.

BTW...watch Sememyo's reaction to our second going in. Im really beginning to love this guy.

Last edited:
Good scores and I largely agree with everything written.

The only bit I would point out is that the Christie debate is more nuanced than whether he is good enough or not. In the right role he clearly is good enough, however the argument that he lacks the attacking potency when deployed in an offensive role is a very valid one. One goal and one assist in 40 odd games as an attacker at this level is a long way from being good enough. Regardless of how good other aspects of his game are, his numbers as an attacker simply have to be better than that. Imo he should only ever play in a deeper role, we’re a poorer side when he plays advanced.

Good scores and I largely agree with everything written.

The only bit I would point out is that the Christie debate is more nuanced than whether he is good enough or not. In the right role he clearly is good enough, however the argument that he lacks the attacking potency when deployed in an offensive role is a very valid one. One goal and one assist in 40 odd games as an attacker at this level is a long way from being good enough. Regardless of how good other aspects of his game are, his numbers as an attacker simply have to be better than that. Imo he should only ever play in a deeper role, we’re a poorer side when he plays advanced.
You just can't stop beating this drum, can you, Waz ? :rolleyes:

it's just that, your opinion and in the years you been posting here that doesn't hold much weight
Although even a broken clock is right twice a day and in this instance I think he is right. Christie is brilliant deep, too costly further forwards.

I think he is integral to the way AI sets up where ever he plays and he will always find a spot for him in the team
Totally agree with that. He has recognised his ability to press like his Rayo V players since the day he walked in the building. Hence why also Anthony started a few games despite there being arguably better options.

Ironically christie had two decent shots last night, the second especially was hit with power. I think he has been brilliant since he forced his way back into the team in the second half of the season. Sometimes international breaks can help players with their confidence and form

Reactions: DJ
Ironically christie had two decent shots last night, the second especially was hit with power. I think he has been brilliant since he forced his way back into the team in the second half of the season. Sometimes international breaks can help players with their confidence and form
12 games played and we're in the 2nd half of the season? Bloody hell mush, I'm becoming more detached by the day.

12 games played and we're in the 2nd half of the season? Bloody hell mush, I'm becoming more detached by the day.
I was referring to last season ie he lost his place for a while but then came back under GON after doing well for Scotland

;