Please note, supporters are not permitted to bring umbrellas into the stadium.

This was enforced vigorously yesterday.

Having been soaked to the skin by a shower whilst spending 20 minutes to get in last home game, I took a fold up brolly yesterday to be on the safe side.

I missed the first ten minutes of the game, no great loss, carrying on a friendly but firm discussion with a steward, a steward's supervisor and the safety officer.

It was all amicable stuff, apart from when one of them suggested that I had plenty of time to take my brolly back to the car. My car was in Swanage as I now come on the bus. Facing a 30 minute walk back to the station if it rained was not good

Upshot of it was, many people in NS entrance D threw their brollies in the bin, I counted at least six while I was talking.

I know its been a rule of no umbrellas for a while, but there have been blind eyes shown, especially to old people who aren't likely to use it as a missile. (What wouldn't I have given for something to throw yesterday at full time)

The potential missile argument doesn't stand up.

You want to throw something?
Bring in a bottle top, buy a bottle of drink and then throw that.
If the worst come to the worst take off one of you shoes, or somebody else's and throw that.

Fucking pathetic, can't fault the stewards, but further up the food chain there needs to be some sense shown.

Suggestions for any other event that takes place where fold up umbrellas are forbidden.?

Anybody else as pissed off by the heavy handed shite that seems to have beset the club since the arrival of the Yanks as I am?

I almost hope we go down just to piss on their fireworks. :throw:

Last edited:
This is just a build up for…

“Branded umberellas will be available under each stand for just $24.99. Beautifully stitched in a Taiwanese sweat shop these umberellas, half AFCB and half L’Orient contain the mottos of both clubs IT NEVER RAINS IT POURS in unique embroidery as we chase that relegation double. For just $34.99 you get an umberella and umlimited soda in our unique ‘double um’ promotion.

Remember you will not be able to re-enter the stadia of either club with this umberella and will need to purchase again”

Don’t forget Ken et al that next time your bag can only be A4 sized if you want to bring it in.
Also no flasks either.
I was informed of this by a friendly steward in The East Stand.
There are no flasks, large rucksacks or umbrellas in the American dream.
Careful. Slowdowndel will be along in a minute to remind us that they are very rich clever Americans and are therefore correct whereas we are just peabrained Brits who should be thankful they just let us in to watch the majestic output of their millions.

This was enforced vigorously yesterday.

Having been soaked to the skin by a shower whilst spending 20 minutes to get in last home game, I took a fold up brolly yesterday to be on the safe side.

I missed the first ten minutes of the game, no great loss, carrying on a friendly but firm discussion with a steward, a steward's supervisor and the safety officer.

It was all amicable stuff, apart from when one of them suggested that I had plenty of time to take my brolly back to the car. My car was in Swanage as I now come on the bus. Facing a 30 minute walk back to the station if it rained was not good

Upshot of it was, many people in NS entrance D threw their brollies in the bin, I counted at least six while I was talking.

I know its been a rule of no umbrellas for a while, but there have been blind eyes shown, especially to old people who aren't likely to use it as a missile. (What wouldn't I have given for something to throw yesterday at full time)

The potential missile argument doesn't stand up.

You want to throw something?
Bring in a bottle top, buy a bottle of drink and then throw that.
If the worst come to the worst take off one of you shoes, or somebody else's and throw that.

Fucking pathetic, can't fault the stewards, but further up the food chain there needs to be some sense shown.

Suggestions for any other event that takes place where fold up umbrellas are forbidden.?

Anybody else as pissed off by the heavy handing shite that seems to have beset the club since the arrival of the Yanks as I am?

I almost hope we go down just to piss on their fireworks. :throw:

This is what Jim meant when he said that old school supporters had gotten way too comfortable. Get soaking wet, get pneumonia.

Careful. Slowdowndel will be along in a minute to remind us that they are very rich clever Americans and are therefore correct whereas we are just peabrained Brits who should be thankful they just let us in to watch the majestic output of their millions.
Quite right.

But you forgot to add that if you don't like the way the new owners operate , that means you want us to get relegated so we get to play Rochdale again.

Oh, and also the classic final flourish : if you don't like the new owners' operation, why don't you put your money on the line and run the club ?

This is just a build up for…

“Branded umberellas will be available under each stand for just $24.99. Beautifully stitched in a Taiwanese sweat shop these umberellas, half AFCB and half L’Orient contain the mottos of both clubs IT NEVER RAINS IT POURS in unique embroidery as we chase that relegation double. For just $34.99 you get an umberella and umlimited soda in our unique ‘double um’ promotion.

Remember you will not be able to re-enter the stadia of either club with this umberella and will need to purchase again”
Half and half umbrellas.......................it's the future !!!!!

Thinks back to the old open BBE at Dean Court and stood out on a cold wet windy night watching the Cherries in the lower leagues. ;)

The ‘match day experience’ has certainly changed now, for the better, maybe with cover for most of the fans, though in the front rows can still get wet, but the rest of it with the ‘artificial’ build up before the game, debatable.

The fans back in the ‘old days’ made the atmosphere, rattles, horns, bugles etc and that for me is what football in the UK was all about.

All part of the deterioration in the relationship between "the club" and the fans. Little wonder I marked the section about stewards as poorin the survey.

As an aside I saw SOD walking towards the MS with his Grandson and SOD was carrying an England rucksack. I assume that he had no problems.

You are Jim Frevola and I claim my five dollars and one 'free' ticket to a ladies match of your choosing*

*Terms and conditions apply, goes without saying.

All part of the deterioration in the relationship between "the club" and the fans. Little wonder I marked the section about stewards as poorin the survey.

As an aside I saw SOD walking towards the MS with his Grandson and SOD was carrying an England rucksack. I assume that he had no problems.
I thought I saw SOD after the match at the main traffic lights on Holdenhurst Road. Confirmed now thank you.

That wasn’t his grandson carrying the England backpack it was his new midfield ball winner…

He was probably given all the latitude he wanted…all part of the Chuckle Brothers plan to entice SOD to become the next managerial replacement.

Oh Boscombe....what is happening to my old sanctuary ..
.. if the club is relegated this seaso ..in this state....in this state... .I fear many fans will be lost..and many not gained at the young end...they will be glueing posters of Bellingham to their bedroom walls in Bedminster and Bockhampton....and in the other far reaches of our massive catchment area.
...I had Jimmy Singer and Charlie Woods on my wall....next to Eric Burdon and Cilla ..

This is madness...I couldn't flounce if me name was Flouncy McFlouncepants !

He was sneaking in two new midfielders.

Oh Boscombe....what is happening to my old sanctuary ..
.. if the club is relegated this seaso ..in this state....in this state... .I fear many fans will be lost..and many not gained at the young end...they will be glueing posters of Bellingham to their bedroom walls in Bedminster and Bockhampton....and in the other far reaches of our massive catchment area.
...I had Jimmy Singer and Charlie Woods on my wall....next to Eric Burdon and Cilla ..

This is madness...I couldn't flounce if me name was Flouncy McFlouncepants !
You did. And predictably returned. Welcome back!

At the Arsenal game they let us out for a wander at half time. I decided to have a vape (very dangerous missile by the way) in the open air. A steward stopped me as it was against club rules. I asked him why such a rule existed and the reply was laughably brilliant. He said the tent was a licensed premises and you can’t smoke near them. When I pointed out that would be news to the thousands of pubs in Britain, he became aggressive so I backed off in case I was not allowed in to watch the second half capitulation.

;