Points query

TrueCherry

Star Player
Just looked at my account and it says Away Points and Cup points expiring whereas everything else is active.

Do others have this? Know what it means?

TC, it probably means that as we are coming towards the end of the season, points from the 16/17 season will drop off. Any points you have accumulated from the current 17/18 season will be carried over to the 18/19 season.

says 11 on official site (old page)

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/tickets/watford-priority-sales-from-wednesday

First home game was v Watford and that started at 11 home points.

I was interested in what it dropped to as well (to see if it's likely my Dad has amassed enough points to join me at home games next season) so I looked it up on official site news section; looks like it sold out late in the week that it dropped to 5 points.

EDIT: richnrg beat me to it.

...don't think I will ever see another away PL match (except Spurs maybe.....in the home end!)...the points system has beaten me!

....wonder why we don't operate a 'membership scheme' like other PL clubs do for tickets?

Garbo - 26/3/2018 16:05

...don't think I will ever see another away PL match (except Spurs maybe.....in the home end!)...the points system has beaten me!

....wonder why we don't operate a 'membership scheme' like other PL clubs do for tickets?

Liverpool away is now on sale for those with 1 point.

Loads of away games have gone on general sale this season.

Question for you all.

I am thinking that I would like to come over next season. Ideally, see two games, one at home and one where I could join some of you on the away buses. Am I dreaming, or would it be possible?

Toronto John - 26/3/2018 17:04

Question for you all.

I am thinking that I would like to come over next season. Ideally, see two games, one at home and one where I could join some of you on the away buses. Am I dreaming, or would it be possible?

Away is very possible, a number of games (especially those midweek) have dropped to general sale and (in my opinion) our away following has slightly dropped as people have "ticked off" the new grounds.

At home, you'll probably have to see if anyone has any spare tickets available as these are very unlikely to go to general sale

Yeah I got palace away on general sale and Leicester and now Watford (just). So I should have 3 away points to carry over.

...not sure Rob but it seems to work for Tottenham as far as I am aware?...and it also gives you points towards ST applications in the future, which we have absolutely not got to grips with at AFCB?

Trouble with membership schemes is they involve paying money just for the right to be able to pay money for something else which seems a little wrong to me. If you are happy with this principle then just buy away tickets for games you don’t want to go to and you will have points for the ones you do!!

The points system is the fairest. People that go far North midweek should have more right to go to Southampton or Chelsea than those that don’t. And I speak as someone that doesn’t do epic travelling... it’s rare you can’t go to any game if you have three away points.

Thanks Corbin. How much lead-time do you reckon I would need. Can always get a flight and hotel, the tickets would be the key. I suppose I would have to start with the schedule, pick a couple of combinations, and then go "begging" for some help to nail it down. I assume that some of you know well in advance if you are not going to a game (travelling abroad, vacations, etc.) And I also suspect that I have a better chance at an away game in London with the larger grounds.

Am I on the right track? It would certainly be a once-in-a-lifetime dream event.

You'll have your pick of away games next year other than Spurs.

I'd pick the away game you want when the fixtures come out in June, then post here asking for the home game either side and see if you gate any nibbles.

You could also pick a week early on in August when we have a cup game as you'd get a ticket to that alright, but it is of course a gamble, it could be anywhere in the country.

Silent AFCB - 26/3/2018 18:56

I'd pick the away game you want when the fixtures come out in June, then post here asking for the home game either side and see if you gate any nibbles.

You could also pick a week early on in August when we have a cup game as you'd get a ticket to that alright, but it is of course a gamble, it could be anywhere in the country.

Thanks Silent. Ideally, I want to get to DC at the very least, and your recommendation makes sense. Not that I really care, just curious, but why would Spurs be off?

as boyracer states many games have gone to general sale this season. including the first away game of the season. So no real excuse, you're simply not trying hard enough.

Get 'em in before it all goes pete tong.

Toronto John - 26/3/2018 19:01

Thanks Silent. Ideally, I want to get to DC at the very least, and your recommendation makes sense. Not that I really care, just curious, but why would Spurs be off?

Hi John,

I've got almost a bucket load of away points and could bear to miss a home game, just so long as it's not 1st home or away game or anything right at the end so the world is almost your oyster.

Keep me posted by pm, especially once the fixtures come out in July.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 26/3/2018 21:53

Toronto John - 26/3/2018 19:01

Hi John,

I've got almost a bucket load of away points and could bear to miss a home game, just so long as it's not 1st home or away game or anything right at the end so the world is almost your oyster.

Keep me posted by pm, especially once the fixtures come out in July.

KBG - that's freakin' awesome. I will do as you suggest and connect when the new schedule is available. Not sure if fall or spring, will depend on other commitments but just the chance to do this would be amazing.

Thanks to others who have also pm'd me. You guys are the greatest. UTC, and three points v. Watford.

;