Politics at Glasto

SlowDownDerek - 26/6/2017 19:53

paul49 - 26/6/2017 19:26

Outrageous for the BBC to give loser Corbyn so much publicity. An audience with sheep comes to mind.

Outrageous? Is it really outrageous Paul? The man is the leader of the opposition and you're saying they shouldn't report if he gets a massively positive reaction at a world famous music festival. Of course it's newsworthy. Did you know that there are nutcases on the other side that accused the BBC of anti-corbyn bias because they underrepresented the size of the crowd and tried to show unflattering camera angles?

Normal people don't think it's a big deal one way or the other.

Not when the BBC is supposed (Ha Ha) to be neutral and is funded by licence fees/taxpayer.

Look at all the bloated baby boomer pensioners spitting out their free NHS dentures. Is it any wonder that their generation is so despised?

Great how the politics of personality with the Comrade Corbyn punchline have backfired.

No politics better than Bad politics is now the only way to encourage democracy according to the greed is good generation.

Austerity rules but there is £100M to waste on an election and £1bn to bribe the DUP and progress investment in infrastructure in NI.

Where is Mr Hammond when his country needs him ?

SlowDownDerek - 26/6/2017 19:53

paul49 - 26/6/2017 19:26

Outrageous for the BBC to give loser Corbyn so much publicity. An audience with sheep comes to mind.

Outrageous? Is it really outrageous Paul? The man is the leader of the opposition and you're saying they shouldn't report if he gets a massively positive reaction at a world famous music festival. Of course it's newsworthy. Did you know that there are nutcases on the other side that accused the BBC of anti-corbyn bias because they underrepresented the size of the crowd and tried to show unflattering camera angles?

Normal people don't think it's a big deal one way or the other.

D/P

JIMNNINA - 26/6/2017 23:00

Great how the politics of personality with the Comrade Corbyn punchline have backfired.

No politics better than Bad politics is now the only way to encourage democracy according to the greed is good generation.

Austerity rules but there is £100M to waste on an election and £1bn to bribe the DUP and progress investment in infrastructure in NI.

At least all the parties in NI will benefit from investment in infrastructure not just the DUP!

benefit from investment in infrastructure

A policy from the Labour manifesto

The funding formula for devolved government should mean more money tree handouts to Wales and Scotland.

AFCB_REPUBLICAN - 26/6/2017 22:38

Look at all the bloated baby boomer pensioners spitting out their free NHS dentures. Is it any wonder that their generation is so despised?

I thought dentures were a thing of the past. Still I have most of my teeth.

You'll be old one day but will you be wiser? I wonder where my taxes from 50 years at work have gone?

Ummmm your in your 50's right?

You do realize your most likely a baby boomer yourself .

paul49 - 26/6/2017 23:54

I thought dentures were a thing of the past. Still I have most of my teeth.

You'll be old one day but will you be wiser? I wonder where my taxes from 50 years at work have gone?

They've long gone. Luckily there's working people still paying taxes that guarantee your triple lock pension at above inflation. Paid in part by public sector workers capped at 1% and a real terms pay cut for a decade - enjoy your retirement. Good job we're all in it together.

JIMNNINA - 26/6/2017 23:00

You must be the only leftie in the country still banging on about wasting a 100 million on the election .

As for "politics of personality" what the hell are you babbling on about .To call Corbyn out for his far left " comrade" view point is in no way different to you droning on about Theresa May for months on end .

I typical post from Jimnnina who thinks its way more intelligent than it actually is .

On the plan to implement the military covenant in Northern Ireland, Mr Adams added: "Sinn Fein will resolutely oppose any attempt to give preferential treatment to British forces, either in terms of legacy or the provision of public services."

Well Adams didn't take long showing his true colours, He'll be cosying up to Corbyn now

How did gordon brown find time from his single handedly bringing down the entire western economy?

This post brexit bitter together thing hasnt started well. Why would the dup vote against the conservative and unionist minority government, more money tree public funds carelessly spent.

How did gordon brown find time from his single handedly bringing down the entire western economy?

This post brexit bitter together thing hasnt started well. Why would the dup vote against the conservative and unionist minority government, more money tree public funds carelessly spent.

Will the public funds be carelessly spent? Decide for yourself:

Infrastructure: £400m - The UK government will allocate £200m per year for two years. It will enable the Executive to deliver the York Street Interchange Project - designed to ease congestion on Belfast's motorways - and other priorities.

Broadband: The government will contribute £75m per year for two years to help provide ultra-fast broadband for Northern Ireland.

Deprivation: In order to target pockets of severe deprivation so that all can benefit from growth and prosperity, the UK Government will also provide £2m per year for five years to support the Northern Ireland Executive to deliver this measure.

Health and education: The government will allocate an additional £50m per year for two years to enable the Executive to address immediate pressures in health and education.

The UK Government will allocate £100m per year for two years to support the Northern Ireland Ireland Executive's delivery of its priority of health service transformation.

Mental Health: The Government will provide £10m per year for five years to support the Northern Ireland Executive to deliver this measure.

Source:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dup-tory-deal-new-1bn-allocation-breakdown-where-will-the-money-go-in-northern-ireland-35866269.html

If Mrs May had got her 100 seat majority would this level of investment have been approved ?

It wasnt necessary before the election so not essential now, £100m down the drain would have been better spent on broadband for NI it looks like. Interesting what happens at the end of two years, better plant another money tree now.

;