Poole Town fundraising

StewieJT

Reserves
I used to watch them in my teens before they were unjustly kicked out of Poole stadium and experienced financil difficulties. Just took them 25 years to get back to a decent position in non-league!

Now they are in danger of being relegated due to ground issues. Someone has set up a crowdfunding page for anyone who'd like to help:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/PooleTownFC?utm_id=66&utm_term=M34VMG4GR

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. It's pretty obvious that this will get sorted by way of Eddie Mitchell's generous donation, especially given it's the club he's supported man and boy...

Peanuts in comparison to what they have reportedly received for Charlie Austin down the years.

....what Poole received money from Austin transfers....and EM was around, they must have had their car park refurbished at least?

...Austin has offered some help himself according to reports by letting them use his box at St Mary's...

It would seem that where they were originally going to relocate to on the car boot land off Magna Road is now the subject of a revised planning application for Industrial use and housing.

I think you are talking about land on the other side of Magna Road....

Garbo - 13/1/2017 16:19

...Austin has offered some help himself according to reports by letting them use his box at St Mary's...

How many tens of thousands of pounds a week is he earning now though ?

Garbo - 13/1/2017 16:19

Is free booze included? If so I can think of a certain Poole based business man who may be interested.

Surprisingly enough Mr Mitchell has now ended his association with the club, he'll be gutted I'm sure to miss out on the chance to offer some financial help

The Poole Town facebook page told me that they approached us for financial help but we declined. I know we've helped them alot over the years with players and attendances but I was surprised at that as I think it would be in our best interest for them to get too at least the conference or L2 to develop our youngsters.

Resevoir_Red - 13/1/2017 18:36

The Poole Town facebook page told me that they approached us for financial help but we declined. I know we've helped them alot over the years with players and attendances but I was surprised at that as I think it would be in our best interest for them to get too at least the conference or L2 to develop our youngsters.

We've got Yeovil and Gillingham for that. :hihi:

wellsworld - 13/1/2017 16:44

I think you are talking about land on the other side of Magna Road....

No I'm not. The story in the OHEC today relates to the land which has consent for industrial use which was where Poole Town FC was proposing a new ground.

That's ok. The OHEC article was very short on detail and is only OPP for 324 dwellings. The BOP Planning references are APP/17/00007/P and APP/17/00008/F.

No site plans have been submitted or if they have are unavailable on the website.

Planning consultants requested a scoping opinion back in October 2015 to add 250 dwellings to the approved 16,000sq foot industrial use so basically this is an extension of Bearwood!

I heard a figure of £74,000 somewhere, Austin was launched into stardom there, I'm sorry but to hear him championing their cause in one breath, if it meant that much , one weeks wages would sort it, and yes I know i'll get the reply would you give a weeks wages up will come back , but I think in the scheme of things, damn right I would, because without Poole I wouldn't have those wages.

It's in situations like this you really find out why rich people are rich as they're are many people in this area who are not short of a few bob. Austin should've donated the weeks wages in my opinion and giving away tickets that he got for free anyway proves my point.

Poole need to find an investor and a permanent solution to a home, they may have been treated bit harshly by the Council but they weren't making the Council any money either.

But I get the feeling that the hardcore 100 or so of their fans couldn't handle being a full time league club or don't want to change that community non league feel.

;