Portsmouth

...it is a bit worrying that we do need to bolster the defence...but we seem only to be linked with midfileders,wingers and strikers!...apart from a few whispers about Johnny Evans?

..hopefully Howe is playing his cards tight and will get in a couple of CB's...

Eddie unhappy with goals conceded and disappointed not to win,could signal some movement in the transfer market for the strengthening of our central defence.

A good work out with 20 players getting pitch time.

Would like to see defenders come in sooner than later, so they can get some friendly time as well.

Hope you all enjoyed your day in Pompey.

Well having seen that you have to agree we are short in ability in defence but we knew that months ago so hope there is something going on in the background to fix this. Wiggins nor O'Kane looked good enough, yet O'Kane stayed on the 90 minutes? Nearly a laughable blunder by Frederici gives me the jitters regarding our goal keeper depth and quality. Lets see how Eddie approaches the next friendly.

horndean_exile - 23/7/2016 17:48

Well having seen that you have to agree we are short in ability in defence but we knew that months ago so hope there is something going on in the background to fix this. Wiggins nor O'Kane looked good enough, yet O'Kane stayed on the 90 minutes? Nearly a laughable blunder by Frederici gives me the jitters regarding our goal keeper depth and quality. Lets see how Eddie approaches the next friendly.

Have to say that I am pretty surprised we havem't got another keeper in when you look at the way Eddie has been remdelling the rest of the team with young talent - an opportunity to do the same with a keeper tyou would have thought ? Unless they are very high on Jordan Holmes being the one to come through ?

Excellent workout for the team in any case.

With two friendlies in two days next weekend, expect to see the first team squad split between the two - would be good if we have one or two back fit to play in those.

red_house - 23/7/2016 19:12

So Grabs has got a couple in the last 2 games...good news

Can anyone who went report on Lewis Cook ?

Cook looked pretty good, has got a bit of Arter's fire, Surman's calmness but needs to be a little bit more decisive round the box. Mousset also needs to be more decisive but looked good, strong and quite quick. Out of the three Ibe fitted in to how we play the best, but I would thing it wil be to long with the other two. Does anyone who was listening know where Surman was as he's not suppose to be injured.

Played first half. Inside right. Confident on the ball. Made some penetrative forward runs. Thought he did well.

borisatha - 23/7/2016 20:58

Who wouldn't?

True. I just mean that given all of the grief he's got over his ability since coming back (some of which has been from me) it would be great to see. I like people proving us all wrong.

Sam AFCB - 23/7/2016 20:42

red_house - 23/7/2016 19:12

So Grabs has got a couple in the last 2 games...good news

Can anyone who went report on Lewis Cook ?

Cook looked pretty good, has got a bit of Arter's fire, Surman's calmness but needs to be a little bit more decisive round the box. Mousset also needs to be more decisive but looked good, strong and quite quick. Out of the three Ibe fitted in to how we play the best, but I would thing it wil be to long with the other two. Does anyone who was listening know where Surman was as he's not suppose to be injured.

Surman got on the coach afterwards.

SlowDownDerek - 23/7/2016 21:39

eaststandred - 23/7/2016 21:14

I hope the JCL' s can resist giving our own players poo this year

Like the people that said they'd always hate Eddie after how he left the first time? :hihi:

What, you mean March 2002 when he went to the Skates.

I've never forgiven him; since he came crawling back to us a couple of years later I've had no time for the bloke.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 23/7/2016 21:51

SlowDownDerek - 23/7/2016 21:39

eaststandred - 23/7/2016 21:14

I hope the JCL' s can resist giving our own players poo this year

Like the people that said they'd always hate Eddie after how he left the first time? :hihi:

What, you mean March 2002 when he went to the Skates.

I've never forgiven him; since he came crawling back to us a couple of years later I've had no time for the bloke.

I can't believe they stitched up Quinn for that traitor.

;