Positives and negatives from tonight

Brooks is one of of our best players and everyone accepts that he will move on in the summer but I thought he was awful.

I cannot stand players not doing their job. Thought Brooks was pretty awful today bar one attack cutting in where he laid it off.

His “defending” and “tracking back” for their second goal was embarrassing. Literally just stood there, didn’t even bother putting a leg out.

Brooks adopting the ‘can’t be arsed’ attitude in his third game back sums us up. He wants to leave, it’s pretty obvious. I just wish he would disguise it abit better

If you thought Brooks was bad enough to single out you must have missed the other 10.

Kris Temple is tweeting that the players remained in the dressing room after the game and came out after thirty minutes still in full kit.

I’m sorry for being so cynical, but doesn’t even that seem a bit half-hearted? Half an hour of “honest talking” wouldn’t scratch the surface of what needs to be said to this lot.

Again, to me, it just smacks of them going through the motions of “what would be expected” of them after conceding four goals at home in one of the most important games of the season (considering upcoming opposition).

And who conducted this “honest talking”? A leader? Do we have one? They don’t show it on the pitch if we do. So who?

I think we can assume it won’t be any of the young players in the squad. So not Lloyd Kelly, Danjuma, Solanke (as if), Lewis Cook, Brooks or Rambo. It won’t be Jeff I assume because of the language barrier. After his performance tonight, I doubt if Adam Smith would have had the temerity to call out anyone after his performance last night. Nathan Ake too nice and definitely leaving anyway. Josh King - just playing for himself, and trying (?) to put himself in the shop window. Plus he seems as thick as two short planks. Billing could give them plenty of advice having contributed to sending Huddersfield through the trap door last season.

So that leaves Steve Cook, tonight’s captain of the sinking ship speaking for half an hour. And when he’s finished, instead of all the other players, as you might imagine, saying their own piece one by one, they all think fucking hell, I’m going to be late home at this rate. Won’t bother getting changed or showering.Of course, I may be wrong.

Perhaps it was one of the old-head senior players who didn’t figure tonight - Franno, Surman or the one who did play a part and made the only difference- Dan Gosling.

Unfortunately, how many times have we read those excruciating articles in the Ohec where such and such says all the “right things” about commitment, fight, passion, blah, blah, blah.

Too many weak characters pretending to be Premier League calibrate footballers in a team set up to fail and fail miserably.

I am absolutely sick of it.

Didn’t Cookie smack Wes Thomas in the face once? Be great if a few of the “big players” turned up at Old Trafford with a shiner.

I commented on the game thread that none of the players seem to hold each other accountable for what was going on - just an acceptance of deteriorating standards that was shameful at every level. Sadly the time for this inquest to happen was about 20 games ago and in the meantime we have been fed the usual drivel on social media from the players about competing better next week.

Positive - maybe we can re-sign Marc Pugh for next season, least he is an honest pro

Not paying to go and watch that crap
I just can't find anything, 2nd goal summed it up, inept, basic defending obvious run to the byline, cross was getting cut back so 5 defenders stand in and around the goal line and billing turns from his man and walks back towards the goal, so simple for opposition, and the basics of man marking and closing down out the window. Don't think in the history of watching us in a game, I'd ever think we got what we deserved. No blaming refs, VAR decisions, dodgy penalties, unlucky injuries, near misses, what ifs, just utter crap, sad to say it.

if we can all see it--its about time eddie woke up---i mentioned some time ago why didnt we move for danny ings 18 million was a steal---time to offload a lot of crap we have---smith solanke and king to name but 3---and sorry eddie you are lucky to have a job---about time our chairman grew some balls ---

Positives:

1. We scored albeit a bit late on! (that's one stat we can bat off)

2. No injuries as far as i could ascertain, but watched most of it from behind the couch.

3. ...........

Thought the final 15 or so minutes we actually looked the better side.
Not sure if it was personnel changes, or just Newcastle sitting back content with their 4-0 lead.
Lerma had an awful game, Adam Smith was far too slow to move the ball in attack, Steve Cook wasn't great.
Danjuma was bright and looked menacing but can't he please hit the target?
Solanke was actually OK, didn't do much wrong and hit the post. I thought King also was OK.
Brooks likewise good except for his shooting (bar the one off the bar).
I was impressed with Kelly. He has some pace and likes to get forward. Nice tackling too (that was never a yellow!).
Mepham likewise was positive and got things moving after coming on.
Gosling is Gosling; you usually know what you're going to get and he worked hard.
Billing didn't do what we want him to, which is intercept the ball in midfield (neither did Lerma).
L Cook looked decent, some good ball movement, but not spectacular.

Oh well, that might be our season right there. Hoping that finishing with a goal might at least provide the belief that we can score.

What a way to celebrate Canada Day, eh?

We just play far far too deep.

Ramsdale gets the ball, f¥ck around with it at the back, knock it sideways, invite pressure. It just pulls the opposition into your own half, and we arent technically good enough to play this way, nor brave enough to get it forward.

If someone does manage to get a ball forward there's 2 of our attackers fully isolated against the opposition with 7 of our men in our own half.

And this two men behind a free kick rubbish......dont get me started.

For me Eddie has completely no idea what to do to fix it, and I doubt Jason is any sort of Tesla when it comes to suggesting innovation.

It's become embarrassing to watch, and almost a waste of time.

Next season could be worse still if we have to get rid of debt and rebuild with a new manager.

Some players have lost a lot of respect from the fans, which is sad.

For me the saddest sight is Adam Smith getting skinned week in week out. Long gone the hard working, fit, marauding wing back. He looks broken physically and mentally. To make it worse our opposition know it and give him a torrid time in every match we've played. For now he'd barely make Div 1 standard. So sad for such a stalwart.

Kris Temple is tweeting that the players remained in the dressing room after the game and came out after thirty minutes still in full kit.

I’m sorry for being so cynical, but doesn’t even that seem a bit half-hearted? Half an hour of “honest talking” wouldn’t scratch the surface of what needs to be said to this lot.

Again, to me, it just smacks of them going through the motions of “what would be expected” of them after conceding four goals at home in one of the most important games of the season (considering upcoming opposition).

And who conducted this “honest talking”? A leader? Do we have one? They don’t show it on the pitch if we do. So who?

I think we can assume it won’t be any of the young players in the squad. So not Lloyd Kelly, Danjuma, Solanke (as if), Lewis Cook, Brooks or Rambo. It won’t be Jeff I assume because of the language barrier. After his performance tonight, I doubt if Adam Smith would have had the temerity to call out anyone after his performance last night. Nathan Ake too nice and definitely leaving anyway. Josh King - just playing for himself, and trying (?) to put himself in the shop window. Plus he seems as thick as two short planks. Billing could give them plenty of advice having contributed to sending Huddersfield through the trap door last season.

So that leaves Steve Cook, tonight’s captain of the sinking ship speaking for half an hour. And when he’s finished, instead of all the other players, as you might imagine, saying their own piece one by one, they all think fucking hell, I’m going to be late home at this rate. Won’t bother getting changed or showering.Of course, I may be wrong.

Perhaps it was one of the old-head senior players who didn’t figure tonight - Franno, Surman or the one who did play a part and made the only difference- Dan Gosling.

Unfortunately, how many times have we read those excruciating articles in the Ohec where such and such says all the “right things” about commitment, fight, passion, blah, blah, blah.

Too many weak characters pretending to be Premier League calibrate footballers in a team set up to fail and fail miserably.

I am absolutely sick of it.
I heard it was Matt Ritchie.

Positive:
Smhinto / CherryBright is too busy rubbing one out over our current plight to post on here, having predicted relegation in each of the past ten seasons.

Negative:
You know it's only a matter of time before he comes on here and says "I told you so !"

:utc:

if we can all see it--its about time eddie woke up---i mentioned some time ago why didnt we move for danny ings 18 million was a steal---time to offload a lot of crap we have---smith solanke and king to name but 3---and sorry eddie you are lucky to have a job---about time our chairman grew some balls ---

Maybe Eddie was interested in signing Ings, but I think he wanted to join the team he supports, which he did.

He also has a bad injury record so that may have had something to be with who was interested in his signature.

Does anyone really think that Mostyn is the person who would sack Eddie, isnt he just a mouthpiece who only seems to appear when something good has happened, that’s why he hasn’t been seen for ages?

If Eddie goes irrespective of what Div we are in... one positive will be..he can take some well deserved time out.....I'm worried about his health and wellbeing worrying about these wasters and the PL rubbish in general !
He has done a fabulous job for us fans over a long period. Our Top Legend ranking above TedMac even.

;