Post-match thoughts v Arsenal

I too was encouraged by Rothwell's set pieces and the goals. That's all. Everything else was discouraging. They must not try this against Liverpool.

For the benefit of dragonm8 and others the team put in a real shift today for the shirt. We are what we are in respect of those available and although there are recognised weaknesses , particularly at full back defending (both sides) nobody let the team down. Arsenal were good, not as good as City in my view, but the ref ignored his watch until they scored or at least it looked like that. The fans there showed their appreciation both during and post match. Supporting AFCB has always been about appreciating those who put the effort in on the pitch first and foremost. Too many have been spoilt in recent years supporting a team your team, is for life whatever league they may be in from time to time.

Last week and this showed a lot about the character of the team and there are positive signs to build on. What will be will be come the end of the season.

Clap Clap Clap,

For the benefit of HBA.

We are happy in defeat, because after all, it was Arsenal.

2-0 happy to lose 3-2
You are tedious beyond belief. Lose 3 - 2 against the champions elect and you would think it's the end of the world.

Not a fan of GON but under Eddie we gave away a 3 - 0 win at home and our only win was an Ibe goal, an act of God.

Away to them we got spanked a lot. If we get relegated then as a fan for 65 years then so be it. We have financial backing and for most of my time that is all we could have possibly hoped for.

Just get real why don't you.

Tourists in the away end. Someone blatantly holding an Arsenal scarf.

Obviously emotional after the game and I fear someone is going to get a proper hiding soon.

Football fans are made up of all sorts. So much anger on here tonight that I just can’t comprehend. I’m so proud of this club punching so far above it’s weight.

It’s gutting, yes. I get it. But that’s football right. Every AFCB player out there today gave it 100% and I can’t feel mad at all. Narrowly lost against the best club in the best league in the world. Up the cherries, we’ll go again.

For the benefit of dragonm8 and others the team put in a real shift today for the shirt. We are what we are in respect of those available and although there are recognised weaknesses , particularly at full back defending (both sides) nobody let the team down. Arsenal were good, not as good as City in my view, but the ref ignored his watch until they scored or at least it looked like that. The fans there showed their appreciation both during and post match. Supporting AFCB has always been about appreciating those who put the effort in on the pitch first and foremost. Too many have been spoilt in recent years supporting a team your team, is for life whatever league they may be in from time to time.

Last week and this showed a lot about the character of the team and there are positive signs to build on. What will be will be come the end of the season.
FWIW- I started my stopwatch the second Neto brought the ball back into play after Smith’s injury on 90 minutes. Sorry to say but according to that, their goal was just in time.

We could. .we could ALL get behind Gary O'Neill...we could ...he is here for the remainder of the season at least..and the bloke is in his first full management position.....he will make mistakes....Arteta...schooled by Guardiola ..almost made enough mistakes today..Pep has made some this season.....Klopp is not fairing too well...nor is Potter....EH is in a bad spell.....
Gary might become something in time..we don't know....
....If Foley is prepared to let him carry on..then we should tune in to that .....

FWIW- I started my stopwatch the second Neto brought the ball back into play after Smith’s injury on 90 minutes. Sorry to say but according to that, their goal was just in time.
Yes, based on watching the match on TV I think the complaints about the length of the stoppage time here are misguided. Smith sat down for a while right at the beginning, and I think the referee may have even told him he would be adding time on. There were other delays in the 6 minutes as well. I just wish we'd learn that the opponent is allowed to put men outside the box on corner kicks and we should consider marking them a little closer, just in case.

;