Post-match thoughts v Brentford

So it’s ok to do personal insults as long as it’s not to other posters. Good to know
I was talking about the degradation of this forum and fellow fans who interact together. Not nicknames for famous people you never meet and who don’t read it. But if you get offended by those fair enough.. each to their own.

I was talking about the degradation of this forum and fellow fans who interact together. Not nicknames for famous people you never meet and who don’t read it. But if you get offended by those fair enough.. each to their own.
Not offended, although I do feel you over egg the pudding sometimes

I agree with you that the forum has become more confrontational of late, although certain people do make great efforts just to wind others up

Just got back to Manchester.

Have to say that that was a really exciting match.

Yes, we could have won but could also have lost. A point from the game is a definite plus.

I thought our two full backs were sensational against a couple of very tricky wingers. Felt very sorry for Kerkez, in giving the goal away, as he was injured and should have been subbed off instead of Christie, who was knackered but not injured.

Good goals from Dom and Brooksie.

Both defences were very open.

I really did not expect to get many points before October and the two we have got are a bonus.

We have, so far, played against the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 7th teams in the league.

Up the Cherries (in all departments)

:utc: Always!

I've put my thoughts on the last couple of pages on the Swansea match thread, John : )
Riverside drivers said they've been told by the club, it's only one Rocket a match after Brighton : )
Rob and Table- this is just wrong (in principle I mean). It’s not to do with demand is it? Have the club given any reason? Sorry but I’m just not in the know. As others have mentioned and offered, I’d be very happy to add my voice in writing to the club if it’s just a decision taken for no reason (or even worse for “commercial “ reasons or anything else apart from proven lack of demand). This is really important I think - worth starting its own thread.

Whatever is said about today's game or whatever confrontations have occurred between posters....

...the advent of David Brooks first PL goal since coming back from illness..following his goal v Swansea is the big issue to end the day on..

...annoying that Lineker didn't mention it just now on MOTD.

Whatever is said about today's game or whatever confrontations have occurred between posters....

...the advent of David Brooks first PL goal since coming back from illness..following his goal v Swansea is the big issue to end the day on..

...annoying that Lineker didn't mention it just now on MOTD.
Lineker just wanted to talk about Brighton...I mean Brentford.

Well an interesting game !

Neto 5 poor with the first goal and beginning to look a tad suspect
Aarons 6 some good pace in attack but got tormented when defending
Senesi 5 didn’t command his defensive area and not enough headers won
Zarbarnyi 4 looked shaken up all game slipping and constantly getting turned and like Senesi not commanding in the air for such a big guy
Kerkez 5 like Aarons got roasted too often poor effort for their late equaliser but may have been carrying a knock at that point?
Christie 6 good first half but loses possession too often at times when trying to beat three players!
Cook 5 loose on the ball and looks a shadow of the player he was a while back, sorry but doesn’t cut it for me in the PL
Billing 6 some decent forward play but just doesn’t get his foot in enough to bolster the midfield
Semenyo 6 our most physical player and gave the home defence some work to do, surprised he got hooked?
Kluivert 6 some decent efforts in attack but doesn’t look an instinctive forward
Solanke 7 gave the CB’s a busy afternoon and took his goal really well but often just too isolated

Subs
Brooks 6.5 did some good work and was on the spot for his goal
Tavernier 6 how good was it to see him back !? Nice work to set up the second goal
Mepham 6 won a couple of saving headers(and probably is our best aerial defender?)

Ref 7.5 fair throughout and wasn’t fooled by Brentford players hitting the deck at every opportunity

To be honest any team that hits the woodwork four times in a game deserves something from it and so it was to be.
I am worried about our defending crosses, corners and set-pieces along with our soft midfield…
With Adams,Scott,Dongo and Tavernier getting fit things will improve…Ithink today we actually missed Kelly and his pace against a lively Brentford attack…
Sinisterra should also add something different to our attacking options as Dom can’t be expected to carry the attack on his own!
I would have taken a point before the game…but disappointed we couldn’t just hang on.
For me the Jury is still out on Andoni but we need to give him the time to get the players into his way of performing more effectively.

From the highlights it looked like Neto was fouled as he tried to take a kick at the ball. Just our luck that Madley gave it the other way.

And it was Solanke who took the ball off of Christie following his mazy dribble in their box!

Zarbarnyi 4 looked shaken up all game slipping and constantly getting turned and like Senesi not commanding in the air for such a big guy
Kerkez 5 like Aarons got roasted too often poor effort for their late equaliser but may have been carrying a knock at that point?
Christie 6 good first half but loses possession too often at times when trying to beat three players!
Cook 5 loose on the ball and looks a shadow of the player he was a while back, sorry but doesn’t cut it for me in the PL
Billing 6 some decent forward play but just doesn’t get his foot in enough to bolster the midfield
Semenyo 6 our most physical player and gave the home defence some work to do, surprised he got hooked?
Kluivert 6 some decent efforts in attack but doesn’t look an instinctive forward
Solanke 7 gave the CB’s a busy afternoon and took his goal really well but often just too isolated

Subs
Tavernier 6 how good was it to see him back !? Nice work to set up the second goal
Mepham 6 won a couple of saving headers(and probably is our best aerial defender?)

Ref 7.5 fair throughout and wasn’t fooled by Brentford players hitting the deck at every opportunity

To be honest any team that hits the woodwork four times in a game deserves something from it and so it was to be.
I am worried about our defending crosses, corners and set-pieces along with our soft midfield…
With Adams,Scott,Dongo and Tavernier getting fit things will improve…Ithink today we actually missed Kelly and his pace against a lively Brentford attack…
Sinisterra should also add something different to our attacking options as Dom can’t be expected to carry the attack on his own!
I would have taken a point before the game…but disappointed we couldn’t just hang on.
For me the Jury is still out on Andoni but we need to give him the time to get the players into his way of performing more effectively.
OMG - we go to Brentford and get a very positive draw and you give a sad reflective and basically negative review. Wise Up!

Subs

Some of those are harsh imo.

Christie was very good.

Aarons and Kerkez (mistake aside, but his legs had clearly gone at that point) were pretty good defensively.

Cook had a solid game.

Kluivert was a constant threat I felt.

The main issue today was the centre backs, the performance on the ball was actually pretty decent. The majority of the big chances that we conceded came from Senesi and Zabarnyi not being able to deal with Brentford attackers running in behind them. Neither have the pace to be constantly running back towards their own goal. It’s a big worry playing this way. You actually need to have the players suited to doing it. Kelly is the only centre back we have who is suited to this way of playing, and there is only one of him.

Rob and Table- this is just wrong (in principle I mean). It’s not to do with demand is it? Have the club given any reason? Sorry but I’m just not in the know. As others have mentioned and offered, I’d be very happy to add my voice in writing to the club if it’s just a decision taken for no reason (or even worse for “commercial “ reasons or anything else apart from proven lack of demand). This is really important I think - worth starting its own thread.
Table- just reading your posts on the Swansea game which I missed before. Explains everything. Must be a way to resolve this. I may have no influence with the club but happy to help weather through John/Nick (they may be DC only?) or whoever. I’ll DM you and Rob to see if there’s something I can do including spreading the word to those who can!

You could look at the positives like David Brooks scoring his first goal in the top flight for over 3 years, but no not you. You'd rather pretend you were right when you clearly were not.
Oh I see! So I was wrong was I? So we did not drop two points yesterday? Strange, because I definately saw Brentford equalise in the 94th minute. So this was a dream or a figment of my imagination was it?

Well, thank you for the update. I was clearly wrong.

That Aarons, Zabarnyi, Senesi, Zerkez back four on paper are each excellent players and prospects. It should be a more than capable back line. So it concerns me how easily they got sclied through by Brentford runners time and again yesterday.

Maybe it just needs time to gel, maybe it needs Adams in front to provide more protection.

Also concerning is Neto's form this season, he has gone backwards somehow.

On the plus side, Tavernier and Brooks when fit and firing will make such a difference to our end product. Another goal for Solanke, hopefully keeps his tail up. Kluivert looked bright again, needs to add the end product but you feel its coming.

;