Post-match thoughts v Liverpool

Ludicrously pumped up for the game today, close to Chester City levels. I was sat in a Yorkshire pub surrounded by Yorkshire folk supporting a Lancashire club. Strange!! They were trying their best to belittle and ridicule me for supporting a ‘nothing club’ we scored, silence, except for me ! Half time. More ridicule and abuse. Heckles are rising now. Dear Nonny roars our team forward at the start of the second half, tears are unashamedly flowing now. Utter pride and cider. They stare at me like I’m a lunatic. Queue more ridicule and blatant arrogance, not a penalty in my day but given now. Outrageous abuse and spitting from the ‘ fans’ behind. Silence again! full time. Wild celebrations met with punches thrown and I gave as good as I got. Support your home town I was shouting as I was taken out . You’re not welcome again :rofl:

Ludicrously pumped up for the game today, close to Chester City levels. I was sat in a Yorkshire pub surrounded by Yorkshire folk supporting a Lancashire club. Strange!! They were trying their best to belittle and ridicule me for supporting a ‘nothing club’ we scored, silence, except for me ! Half time. More ridicule and abuse. Heckles are rising now. Dear Nonny roars our team forward at the start of the second half, tears are unashamedly flowing now. Utter pride and cider. They stare at me like I’m a lunatic. Queue more ridicule and blatant arrogance, not a penalty in my day but given now. Outrageous abuse and spitting from the ‘ fans’ behind. Silence again! full time. Wild celebrations met with punches thrown and I gave as good as I got. Support your home town I was shouting as I was taken out . You’re not welcome again :rofl:

Lol

I have a different take from most on today’s game. Last Sunday I watched the Liverpool/ManU game in a pub in Manchester. Second 45 Liverpool were awesome and at 4-0 the pub emptied. Salah was unplayable, Gakpo and Nunez incisive. Today Liverpool looked as if they were playing in a fog - Klopp must have been furious.

Yes, we were solid - most important, kept our shape. And GON played two wingers … what a difference. Even if Anthony was relatively quiet he occupied defenders (why has it taken months to get this right?)

Fine team effort and crowd excellent. But we met a Liverpool team that dozed throughout and Salah did us a huge favour with a wild penalty. Let's now keep that lineup, especially two wingers and the busy Rothwell.

Bloody hell mate.
You live in Yorkshire, so you know how the local folk roll.

Oh my what a day.One for the memory banks, as others have said. The post match walk back to the car was a thing of beauty. A Tesla drove past, Liverpool crest on the bumper - oh how we cheered. A long drive back to Merseyside (or Wimborne or somewhere), we showed them the score. Received two fingers in return. The game is hazy now, three glasses in to the evening. Phil Bill’s long legs were a marvel. A spider’s web, our Scouse friends entangled. Dango drove. Our boy can’t shoot but assists are his thing. Phil Bill gobbled it up. 1-0 at half-time. We couldn’t, could we? Please God, don’t score a second. We have baggage, you know. Liverpool huffed and they puffed but couldn’t blow us down. A cigar in the South Stand, Neto with feet up, relaxed we could feel but then of course comes the pen. Here we go, the dream it is over, ‘‘twas good while it lasted. A point would be fine. But our Mo sends the ball to the rafters, after that more cigars. I love these beautiful Cherries. Oh how we sang. Thank you for the day. Feet up at 10.30, Gary and his friends. Oh, it can wait for another day. Sweet dreams, Cherries fans.

It's at times like this I wish I could demonstrate my passion like one of the Italian commentators. Goooooooaaaalll gooooaaaallll, goaaaaaalll Billllllling! Forza AFCB..

But I can't, because I'm English and repressed, so well done chaps, carry on, should suffice.

Actually that's boll*cks. I went mental like everyone else in the Ted Shed! What a game!

Have to say this is why I love football and AFCB…we turned over a team who massacred Man United last week with sheer determination and sweat AND no small amount of class.
Neto 8 deserved his clean sheet with some confident saves and good distribution (apart from one small lapse!)
Smith 6 Struggled initially v Nunez but worked him out eventually not great with the handball looks to be waning at this level a tad
Senesi 7 good defensive work, missed a clear headed chance and gave the ball away a couple of times with loose passes. Loved his party piece though in their box which assisted Dom’s shot, just over the bar.
Stephens 7 some heroic clearances and solid throughout
Kelly 8 had a great game keeping Salah quiet looks a better LB than CB I would say?
Ouatarra 9 Absolutely the best player on the pitch today so will forgive him for not scoring when through early in the game! Love his aerial ability which bailed us out a few times. Looks a true prospect
Lerma 9 back to his best with his tackling and getting in the faces of the opposition. Subliminal goaline clearance which probably won us the game?
Billing 8 A real ON day for him with biting tackles, good distribution and being on the spot to get the winner
Rothwell 8 Improving all the time energetic and busy for the team
Anthony 8 worked tirelessly and was a great out for us at times of pressure
Solanke 7 Still under par a bit but a thorn in the side of VVD all game his work for the team shouldn’t be underestimated. Just wish he would pass quicker sometimes!

subs
Semenyo, Cook, Vina and Christie all added something to our victory as we were battling to hang on..Christie especially and Vina’s dribble from back to front was incredible

GON 9 did the business today and well deserved win over top opposition and manager!

great day to be an AFCB fan!

Just watching the post-match stuff on BT Sport and realised all three pundits the got in for the match were ex-Liverpool players. Stay classy BT Sport.

We've just watched it and not only were they all ex Liverpool players but wasn't the presenter a scouser as well? : )

Having missed the 4-3 win ( family Christmas do, at our house, could have rearranged it but I didn't factor in Sky changing the day*), it was one of the "top Dean Court days". The energy, commitment, teamwork, no little skill on the ball, we don't look like a team going down ( if we do, some teams have got to play " Champions League" stylee football, to finish above us ) : )

David Brooks, felt so, so, pleased for him, getting back, being fit enough to be on a Premier League bench. Got to admit, had a lump in the throat and something in my eye, as the "David Brooks, David David Brooks" chant got louder and louder when he was warming up** : )

Final whistle, the feelings were back at the happy end of the spectrum. No more or less proud of the club, this week to last, just the outcome matched the desired and deserved outcome : )

Everyone there today deserves a pat on the back. Superb support from all stands, got louder and louder as the game wore on. What a day : )

*It wasn't even my family, it was the Good Lady's : )

** Don't know what I'll do when he actually gets on the pitch : )

We've just watched it and not only were they all ex Liverpool players but wasn't the presenter a scouser as well? : )

Having missed the 4-3 win ( family Christmas do, at our house, could have rearranged it but I didn't factor in Sky changing the day*), it was one of the "top Dean Court days". The energy, commitment, teamwork, no little skill on the ball, we don't look like a team going down ( if we do, some teams have got to play " Champions League" stylee football, to finish above us ) : )

David Brooks, felt so, so, pleased for him, getting back, being fit enough to be on a Premier League bench. Got to admit, had a lump in the throat and something in my eye, as the "David Brooks, David David Brooks" chant got louder and louder when he was warming up** : )

Final whistle, the feelings were back at the happy end of the spectrum. No more or less proud of the club, this week to last, just the outcome matched the desired and deserved outcome : )

Everyone there today deserves a pat on the back. Superb support from all stands, got louder and louder as the game wore on. What a day : )

*It wasn't even my family, it was the Good Lady's : )

** Don't know what I'll do when he actually gets on the pitch : )

You mean When he comes on in the last minute of our last game and smashes in the winner from 25 years out to keep us up

[QUOTE="table, post: 715719, member: 151"}

[/QUOTE]
Taking away beating the Mickeys, How could any decent human being not enjoy that?
A monumental day in several ways.

I was so proud of the effort today. The set up had everyone in a suitable role, and they played them well. The exception must be letting Virgil Van Dijk run rampant on corners.
Whatever conditions allow the laws of the game to be interpreted to give that as a penalty against Smith should be excised. The football gods were smiling on us in the end. I confess to trepidation accompanying the appearance of Lewis Cook, but no harm was done. I'm very confident in our chances of survival as I contemplate Tavernier, Traore, Brooks, and Zabarnyi becoming able to take part.

I was so proud of the effort today. The set up had everyone in a suitable role, and they played them well. The exception must be letting Virgil Van Dijk run rampant on corners.
Whatever conditions allow the laws of the game to be interpreted to give that as a penalty against Smith should be excised. The football gods were smiling on us in the end. I confess to trepidation accompanying the appearance of Lewis Cook, but no harm was done. I'm very confident in our chances of survival as I contemplate Tavernier, Traore, Brooks, and Zabarnyi becoming able to take part.
We were due some luck in abundance. Hopefully this is where it (luck) turns.

I think it is fair to say that yesterday we were truly "on it".

When I compare yesterday's game to just about any other recent game of ours, we seemed to have a much higher pass completion rate than I've seen us have in recent years. Extremely few passes went astray, we looked calm, composed and classy for almost the entire match. We just looked like a completely different team yesterday. We've always managed to play with confidence, even through tricky spells, but sometimes that confidence seemed to be a bit misplaced. We were sloppy with our passing. Yesterday we just looked like a really, really good side with composed and skilful players. It was great to see. I think that, ignoring the result for a moment, the actual team performance yesterday was one of our very best for a long time.

I will be watching the whole game multiple times this week because I thought we were a joy to behold.

The Spanish commentators were praising us for our bravery right from the start, saying we had the tactics spot on and they loved the commitment of our players, particularly pointing out when our offensive players got back to help the defence and how they often got an important foot in. As the second half wore on, their only concern was whether we would be able to sustain that as legs started to tire.
Incredibly we did. There must be some tired and aching legs in the players' homes today.

A true 100% performance from us yesterday.

We absolutely must maintain these levels from now until the end of the season if we want to guarantee PL football next season. We have form for raising our game for the big teams and then slacking off for the "easier" games.
It will be hard work but we absolutely MUST maintain these levels for all remaining games. If we do that, we will still be in this league next season.

;