Post-match thoughts v Spurs

It was odd to see Maddison move forward for his goal with none of our players making any move to follow, mark or block him. Maybe he has a cloak of invisibility?

I didn’t hand pick him unless Blake and Hughes read this forum and decided to go with my recommendation without even interviewing the bloke….

That said even if I’d never heard of him any experienced manager needs half a season before you can judge them.

With players it’s different. Traore didn’t look worth the vast money we paid under GON and still doesn’t.

I know you're just stating Traore on his output, or lack of, but he wasn't fit last year. Looked a handful in 1 appearance... away at Wolves.

Going by football manager he's a highly technical player, but with little pace/acceleration compared to typical wingers/amc's and the full backs who he comes up against. Not slow/laboured, but average or slightly below whats typical.

Plus he's lightweight. He can play inverted wide left or in amc behind striker. Haven't watched Italian football for years, but perhaps as a winger you can get away with less pace, due to slower tempo, build ups in italia and less blood and thunder physicality like England.

Seems like he's more suited to the amc from what I can tell. Perhaps he'll play there once adams/Scott are bsck.

Like I say, very clever, technical, agile player who perhaps hasn't had settled run in team yet to show us his undoubted intricate technical/intelligence that had him in high regard in Italy.

Too soon to write him off, but I'd like to see him make an impact in the next few months. Like you say, he's not a cheap signing by pur standards. Hopefully he won't be one of those that just continues to pop on as sub with the odd forgettable start, before eventually moving to Turkey or lowly series a side for 15-20 mill.

I know players don't choose how much clubs pay for them, but if you cost a lot relative to what tgat ckub usually spends, people rightfully imo expect a positive impact after a period, or expect questions tol be asked. Otherwise you might as well go and buy someone for half the price (mot as simple as that I know..).

Last edited:
It was odd to see Maddison move forward for his goal with none of our players making any move to follow, mark or block him. Maybe he has a cloak of invisibility?
That’s the issue with Rothwell at CDM. Lerma would have gone with him and let’s hope Adam’s will too

Not sure why COWS highlights has a title that says Maddison and Son scored ?

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpeg
    IMG_0234.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 0

;