Potential departures this summer

I think Meps would be a good signing for a promoted club as he has the experience at this level. I wouldn't be letting him go too cheap.

Sadly don't think Brooks is going to make it in this league so will probably be off.

Lewis Cook needs a contract extension, regardless of Dragonandon claiming he's League one at best.

David Brooks
Strange thing is, if he'd stuck around I think he might have played a decent amount since January but the impact of Semenyo means he'll be on the bench again come August, at best. His delicate and clever play doesn't feel a natural fit for the AI system. With so much competition for that role even as a sub, this might be a sad departure. I do wonder if an 'emotional return' to Sheff Utd, even on loan, might be the outcome for this one?

View attachment 14202

Jaidon Anthony
Lots of criticism went Zemura's way for bailing on us when Anthony signed a new contract but which looks to be the better move now from the player's perspective? A wasted season of bit-part minutes in the Championship for JA. It's a hard one to call as he looks like a player that would thrive in the AI system so maybe he'll rejoin the squad for next season, although the Sinisterra permanent signing is a barrier. Equally, he might feel disgruntled at the way things happened and seek a move.

View attachment 14203

Kieffer Moore
In a grand total of 83 Championship minutes, he scored four goals and became a player that will live long in the memory of AFCB fans. He simply doesn't suit the IA way but his spell at Ipswich shows he can still make an impact. If they don't want to sign him, surely someone else will snap him up this summer?

View attachment 14204

Dominic Solanke
The big kahuna. If he's sold it significantly changes our finances for the summer, but also has us looking to replace something every team wants - a goalscorer. I think a Solanke move depends on three things:

1 - What Lopetegui wants to do at West Ham
2 - Whether Spurs sell Richarlison and, if they do, whether they decide to shop domestically again or try an overseas striker.
3 - Where Toney goes

His stock and value are high. The right time to sell? Let's see what offers materialise.

View attachment 14205

------

I'm not suggesting for a moment all those players will leave but there are a lot of questions across the squad so we could end with a summer that is very busy with outgoings. Some of the above have already been replaced, but others will definitely need new blood to take their place if they go. Which could mean we need to bring in quite a few as well.

Finally, there's one thing at the back of my mind. We need to be wary of building a squad packed only with players that fit like a glove to the AI system unless he commits to a longer contract. Of course, he might leave at any point if he's poached but we should at least try and protect ourselves a little. Otherwise, we may regret letting certain players move on when a new manager bemoans the lack of variety at his disposal, kicking off another rebuild.

A quiet summer to bed in Simon Francis? I doubt it.

Great piece of writing, Chris ! Who needs The Athletic when you can read high quality analysis like this ?

I think pretty much everybody out on loan goes plus those at the end of their contract.

None of the loanees have set their clubs alight and they probably should be (Moore has done well)

Get as much as we can for them. Can see Billing going, especially if need for PSR.

More moving parts to consider this window

If Andoni is not part of the 'Recruitment process'. a 'Recruitment Team' ...and people like Hughes or his replacement are choosing who leaves and joins then he is forced to work with what he is given....I'm not sure this system is adequate for the needs of an ambitious club...and we really cannot keep signing injury prone players because our luck will run out eventually in this scenario.
I think the manager..one of proven ability like Andoni, should be the sole decision maker on what comes and goes...and obviously the amounts paid out sanctioned solely by Foley.
I think the system that has been employed since Howe left and in the latter part of his reign...has held the club back.
I think that guy Hughes will fall flat on his face at Liverpool. You just don't sign injured and injury prone players and expect to prosper. :cuppa:
Held the club back? Having achieved the highest points total in our history?

:rofl:

Thats just this season...I'm talking of the past 5 or 6 seasons previous !!!
So total decisions on players bought in should have been left to Jason Tindall, the caretaker whose name escapes me, Scott Parker and GON , non of which were here for any more than a season .

So total decisions on players bought in should have been left to Jason Tindall, the caretaker whose name escapes me, Scott Parker and GON , non of which were here for any more than a season .
I'm just saying the Manager should choose the acquisitions..no one else to have an input apart from the Owner of the Cash.

Parker got us promoted...I don't think it's necessarily a good thing to castigate his performance ( although he was a quirky character ) when the players let him down at Anfield ..he probably had no say in who they bought in the close season prior to that !
A 'Recruitment Team' is just more Contracts and Salaries to be dobbed out.....not good Economy when you have a Manager to do that !

Last edited:
Would Antoine solicit any interest? Kind of a unique type, strong and quick and obviously resilient.

Other than Dom, and possibly Zabs, he would be the guy I would hate to see go anywhere else.

It's a reasonable shout, I just haven't seen any rumours and I don't think he's quite as nailed on to go higher as Zabarnyi.

If Moyes was still at West Ham I'm sure they'd be after him.

As it is, my guess is he'll be here next season. After that, depends on him and how well he does. I'd assume he's being watched fairly regularly right now.

Think we will have Zab for one more season and he will be sold for a cherries record fee. Dom I’m not sure as Top 6 not sure if any are going for a striker and west ham is a maybe

IMHO

More definite Outs

Mepham
Rothwell
Brooks
Fredericks
Moore
Faivre
Traore
Kelly
Radu
Randolph

Possible outs

Neto
Billing
Solanke
Anthony
Travers

That would leave Andoni some need to add to the squad

It will be an interesting break with Iraola hopefully getting a longer deal too?

IMHO

More definite Outs

Mepham
Rothwell
Brooks
Fredericks
Moore
Faivre
Traore
Kelly
Radu
Randolph

Possible outs

Neto
Billing
Solanke
Anthony
Travers

That would leave Andoni some need to add to the squad

It will be an interesting break with Iraola hopefully getting a longer deal too?
I think he said at the press conference he prefers to renew contracts one year at a time and has never had a problem previously. Obviously that leaves the club vulnerable to him being poached but that could happen even with a longer contract. I personally have enjoyed this season so much and that's down to Iraola. Would I swap him if Eddie became available tomorrow? Sounds sacrilegious but not sure I would.

;