Premier League say we are mathematically safe.

A 'Tie' in football or sport parlance is the same as a draw..but a better word ...as in 'tied together' on same amount of 'goals for' in a game or 0-0.
Also means tied together in contest...as in 'cup tie'.
'Draw' is a bit of a daft word for the same score result .

That's that cleared up...but then I doubt it is on this Forum !

A 'Tie' in football or sport parlance is the same as a draw..but a better word ...as in 'tied together' on same amount of 'goals for' in a game or 0-0.
Also means tied together in contest...as in 'cup tie'.
'Draw' is a bit of a daft word for the same score result .

That's that cleared up...but then I doubt it is on this Forum !
Today in dictionary corner is...

The Ignore feature is, I guess a useful feature as a last resort - but I dunno..I just think it's somewhat 'defeatist'. ..you can't go through life getting upset by everything said contrary to your beliefs and allowing the stuff to affect your mood and mental mechanisms.
Incredibly defeatist. It's a pathetic option.

Case 1
Bournemouth beats or ties Luton Town
Case 2
Brentford loses to Aston Villa, and
Everton loses to Burnley

Scratching my head at this but you're spot on. Everton, Luton and Brentford all play each other so even if Luton beat us they can't all catch us unless Brentford and Everton pick up points this weekend.

This is a good example of what I meant by there being a zero percent chance of AFCB going down even though it is still technically mathematically possible.

According to this one website this is what is needed for us to be safe

Case 1
Bournemouth beats Luton Town

Case 2
Bournemouth ties Luton Town, and
Brentford loses to or ties Aston Villa

Case 3
Sheffield United loses to or ties Chelsea

Case 4
Nottingham loses to Tottenham Hotspur

Case 5
Everton loses to or ties Burnley

Case 6
Sheffield United loses to or ties Liverpool

Case 7
Sheffield United loses to or ties Chelsea, and
Everton loses to Burnley

Case 8
Everton loses to Burnley, and
Sheffield United loses to or ties Liverpool
Case 9 we are already safe!

Does anyone really see any of those clubs going on a winning run ffs?
As Bournemouth fans I suppose searching for the 100% confirmed safety line (in any division) is ingrained into us!

You, I, and we all know we're well safe already in the real world, and it's now about how high we can finish. But I'll still raise a pint when safety is mathematically confirmed.

I knew we were safe a while back.. there is no way you will get 3 or 4 teams on a point a game or less all season suddenly getting up to something like 2 points per game. You might see one team go on a little run - like us last season, but 2, 3 or 4 teams? Nah

but still the mathematical safeness is fun to figure out

With Everton's extra two points deductions I've had to get my abacus out and I think that it is still possible that we go down on goal difference if Forest and Luton win every game, Everton win every game other than those against Luton and Forest and win every game other than Everton and Luton.

Squeaky bum time now.

With Everton's extra two points deductions I've had to get my abacus out and I think that it is still possible that we go down on goal difference if Forest and Luton win every game, Everton win every game other than those against Luton and Forest and win every game other than Everton and Luton.

Squeaky bum time now.
And for that to happen Brentford would have lost to Everton and Luton meaning they could only tie with us on 41 points if they won all their other 4 games inc the game at DC. Now that means its gonna be a real 6 pointer against Brentford !!!! A point would keep us up, a defeat its down to GD...........................

Last edited:

Squeaky bum time now.
Don't encourage R&r, been surprisingly absent since the palace win, almost like he prefers it when we lose

And for that to happen Brentford would have lost to Everton and Luton meaning they could only tie with us on 41 points if they won all their other 4 games inc the game at DC. Now that means its gonna be a real 6 pointer against Brentford !!!! A point would keep us up, a defeat its down to GD...........................

Obviously it would also need Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal to lose all of the games they have against those sides so you can understand why R&R has gone off to hide under his bed for the run-in.

;