Premier league spying?

Generally, by censoring people, you are preventing meaningful dialogue, which is the only way I think that people reflect and adjust their views. We may really dislike what we read/hear, but I think it's counter productive to censor as it doesn't give people the space to listen, think and maybe change their minds. Just makes folk resentful.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean that there aren't consequences of your speech. You're welcome to post derogatory messages about minorities on social media if you want and football clubs are welcome to decide that they don't want you as a customer because of that.

Yes. But problem is plenty of less blatant things get cancelled, with self righteous white knights frothing at chance to get on their high horses.

Yes. But problem is plenty of less blatant things get cancelled, with self righteous white knights frothing at chance to get on their high horses.
Like the right to strike? Or the right to an abortion? Or the right to read books being burnt in the USA?

Only you frothing;-)

Like the right to strike? Or the right to an abortion? Or the right to read books being burnt in the USA?

Only you frothing;-)

I'm simmering/coming to the boil just nicely... i think :D

But Yes, all kinds of things get cancelled, that fall under more left and right leaning views.

Football has been getting more political for a while now.

I think at grass roots level there has been a lot of benefits as it helps reduce a lot knuckle dragging behaviors. Ideas like inclusivity for example makes clubs less likely to marginalise an individual at youth level which can be hard to avoid in sport.

Can also see for example, going to Bournemouth games, fans are a lot more ‘middle class’, more agreeable (less knuckle draggers).

A big however though. Some of the more recent campaigns we see when it comes to things like gender and race are of a radical political nature. Kick it out for example, while having some reasonable goals, is a radical political organisation. Rainbow Laces campaign comes from Stonewall which again is a radical political organisation. Taking the knee again is a radical political gesture as everyone is aware gestures with the body are often associated with Fascism and Communism. It portrays an absolutist or dogmatic ‘idea’.

We all know corporations get onboard with these political things nowadays because they think it suits their business. The business in reality doesn’t really care about transgender rights for example, it just wants to look like it does. It wants to make money but there is of course a cost for this.

When you open the door to radical politics, you will get radical political behaviors such as this example. It happens all across our society and has the effect of dereliction over time. It is not necessarily radical left ideas either, it can be radical capitalist ideas.

I know it seems unrelated but for me I can link it together. Bournemouth as a town has become a shi*hole because those with political power and those with money (land owners) both allowed themselves to be corrupted by other forces, and so the town fell apart due to drugs, immigration, business rates, poor property maintenance and development and the council squandering most of its funds.

I think at large we don’t really believe in anything and so we allow what ever short-termism or gimmick to dictate where the future takes us. Blame the Tories, blame Labour, but really we are all responsible because we let it happen.

I think at grass roots level there has been a lot of benefits as it helps reduce a lot knuckle dragging behaviors. Ideas like inclusivity for example makes clubs less likely to marginalise an individual at youth level which can be hard to avoid in sport.

Can also see for example, going to Bournemouth games, fans are a lot more ‘middle class’, more agreeable (less knuckle draggers).

A big however though. Some of the more recent campaigns we see when it comes to things like gender and race are of a radical political nature. Kick it out for example, while having some reasonable goals, is a radical political organisation. Rainbow Laces campaign comes from Stonewall which again is a radical political organisation. Taking the knee again is a radical political gesture as everyone is aware gestures with the body are often associated with Fascism and Communism. It portrays an absolutist or dogmatic ‘idea’.

We all know corporations get onboard with these political things nowadays because they think it suits their business. The business in reality doesn’t really care about transgender rights for example, it just wants to look like it does. It wants to make money but there is of course a cost for this.

When you open the door to radical politics, you will get radical political behaviors such as this example. It happens all across our society and has the effect of dereliction over time. It is not necessarily radical left ideas either, it can be radical capitalist ideas.

I know it seems unrelated but for me I can link it together. Bournemouth as a town has become a shi*hole because those with political power and those with money (land owners) both allowed themselves to be corrupted by other forces, and so the town fell apart due to drugs, immigration, business rates, poor property maintenance and development and the council squandering most of its funds.

I think at large we don’t really believe in anything and so we allow what ever short-termism or gimmick to dictate where the future takes us. Blame the Tories, blame Labour, but really we are all responsible because we let it happen.
Why haven’t I read this post before ?!

This 100% :clap:

A sorry legacy of failed democracy to pass down to the next generations.

Those who were fooled by farage, bojo didn't have these concerns about supporting the self interest before party before country leaders.
They never accept individual or collective responsibility for the damage caused to the country.

I just watch the games live on tv and that’s it other than coming on here. I have no other social media and I don’t watch any pre game or talk shows about football. Everything seems to get political nowadays right, left and everything else in between and I’ve lost all interest in politics

;