Preston v AFC Bournemouth

Thought Kelly has actually been an asset recently. Much more positive. Pity Stan dropped out of gear completely. Danjuma looked good but ran out of steam. I felt we were well in control until dreadful error by Cookie. Defenders have Dom completely taped in every recent game and Billing should have come on rather than Long. No rub of the green today either.

Was Billing on the subs bench????

Mistake by Steve Cook and they score.

That then gave them a gee up and the game could have gone either way in the end.

We came away with a point and 7 points from 3 games two away from home.
We would have taken that at the start of the 3 games .
We were very good first half

Thought Kelly has actually been an asset recently. Much more positive. Pity Stan dropped out of gear completely. Danjuma looked good but ran out of steam. I felt we were well in control until dreadful error by Cookie. Defenders have Dom completely taped in every recent game and Billing should have come on rather than Long. No rub of the green today either.
Billing is injured

Billing wasn't on the bench though. (injured)

Before the rippers get on it....the Swansea penalty was legit....my daughter has just rang me to give me the heads up on that. to pass on!

We were pretty much in control of that until Cookie’s costly error. He has that lapse in concentration in his locker unfortunately. The second half was poor but the first half I thought we were very good, one of the rare occasions this season that I’ve enjoyed watching us. Wouldn’t be too despondent over the result, it might prove costly in terms of the play offs but being in the Prem isn’t the be all and end all. Quite frankly if we were to get promoted at this point we would be absolutely destroyed anyway, let’s establish ourselves at this level and build.

Here is the xG graph.

No surprises in that we dominated the game - although this makes it feels like a defeat. Agree, however, that I'd have taken 7 points from the last three games if I try and put frustration to one side.

Their goal was rated 1 in 25 chance, so it was a good finish, but you knew it was coming after an awful mistake (play an easy ball or boot it at that stage of the game - or at any stage really)

Pah.

Preston.JPG

Whether it is Woodgate or just the fact that we don’t have the players that we think we have in terms of ability?...would we really miss any of them next season, apart from maybe Begovic or Lerma?
Yeah it isn't just Woodgate that couldn't get a tune out of these players. I keep wondering whether it's the players attitude or is our squad overrated. We keep saying we have the best squad in the division but if we are honest the top four look miles better than us.

Whether it is Woodgate or just the fact that we don’t have the players that we think we have in terms of ability?...would we really miss any of them next season, apart from maybe Begovic or Lerma?
Woodgate's game plan was going ok. He can't force us to find the final ball or finish first half.

Woodgate choose to stick second half rather than twist, and was relying on us getting the counter attacking 2nd goal. You can argue that we should have been more assertive. But if we dont concede such a silly mistake from the captain at such a silly time, then there's every chance we do get those counter chances in the last 10-15 mins.

I don't think Woodgate is the long term messiah, but I can see what he's trying to do and what he was looking for today. Players let him down today, rather than the other way around.

Basically if Steve Cook had not made that mistake this forum could be singing a different tune tonight.

He made a very good interception when a Preston player was in a good shooting position as well in the second half.

Yeah Long. Sorry to say it but he doesn't seem to offer much. Ok, so he has at least scored for us but I hardly noticed him when he came on. Just seems like a stranger..... Where is that team spirit too? You know the one!

;