Priority Points for next season

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Understand this is only aimed at non-st holders.

Interested to know peoples opinions - this season the first points drop for tickets was 16+ for our first home game against West Ham meaning technically you could have missed 3 premier league games last season and still been a priority, however this season we have development games, friendlies and women’s matches available to collect home points and they’ve made it clear this is to assist people who can’t get to a premier league to stand more of a chance.

Assuming they’ll keep the points system - do you think they’ll expect people that have attended all 19 premier league games to have also attended extra games to gain ‘priority’.

I haven’t bought a ticket for tomorrow yet, I’ll be sat on 21 points (19 PL, 1 friendly, 1 woman’s game) .

I think the next season points required for the opening game will have to reflect the extra points given away this season, otherwise what's the point of going to these extra games ? I won't bother with any more bonus points games if it doesn't mean a thing

I think the next season points required for the opening game will have to reflect the extra points given away this season, otherwise what's the point of going to these extra games ? I won't bother with any more bonus points games if it doesn't mean a thing

Precisely, however, there’s probably been 5 or 6 games available for extra points so it’ll be handy to know what they’ll set it first drop at.

This could well be my last season in 40 odd years and quite a few are saying the same.

I'll have maximum points from home league games (as I've had since year dot) but refuse to be forced to watch womens games or friendlies I have zero interest in to try and get another sodding point.

Maximum points mean little unless you get online at 0955hrs, join a virtual queue and then see what's left.

Some hotdog eating, hospitality loving, cherries Tuesday chancer (Tout) can have my seat - obviously the clubs preferred choice, so good luck to them.

The whole points giveaway debate has been done to death this season, and nothings gonna change . Personally it's been a horrible experience getting tickets this season, it seems regulars are being made to jump through hoops to preserve their "loyalty benefits"
I don't think they care who sits in the seats, they know that people are waiting for tickets ,maybe they prefer people who will buy the £12 bar of chocolate from the shop ......

This could well be my last season in 40 odd years and quite a few are saying the same.

I'll have maximum points from home league games (as I've had since year dot) but refuse to be forced to watch womens games or friendlies I have zero interest in to try and get another sodding point.

Maximum points mean little unless you get online at 0955hrs, join a virtual queue and then see what's left.

Some hotdog eating, hospitality loving, cherries Tuesday chancer (Tout) can have my seat - obviously the clubs preferred choice, so good luck to them.

Precisely my concern. It’s not just the ticket for tomorrow it’s the fuel too. Id really like to hope 21 is enough considering it started at 16 this season but who knows.

It's not being run as a Football Club. End of.

'Soccer with Gimmicks' in a Biscuit Tin ground....and not a brick in sight..
...9 years after entering the Money League.

Ok ..I'm a non-attending exile....but I can think through the crap and my arthritic fingers can still type the thoughts into a keyboard.

Aw' Fullstop

It's not being run as a Football Club. End of.

'Soccer with Gimmicks' in a Biscuit Tin ground....and not a brick in sight..
...9 years after entering the Money League.

Ok ..I'm a non-attending exile....but I can think through the crap and my arthritic fingers can still type the thoughts into a keyboard.

Aw' Fullstop

what’s that got to do with my question?

Precisely my concern. It’s not just the ticket for tomorrow it’s the fuel too. Id really like to hope 21 is enough considering it started at 16 this season but who knows.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Like you I can't work out if the friendlies / womens games etc are just to get new folk on the points ladder which is a good thing of course -(but now the ticketing system can't cope and we're all getting squeezed) or to raise the starting threshold.

I've had a decent innings, no complaints, the worry is if you fall off the ladder and give up the bunfest completely (because its an absolute pain) then you're probably at the back of the queue for anything in the new ground - should it ever happen.

Ultimately the only people after season ticket holders, sponsors, hospitality etc guaranteed a ticket will be maximum points holders, so that’s going to be what currently? 19 league games, plus 2 women’s games, 2 pre season friendlies and 1 development squad game? So 24 points (as it stands).

The next points drop is unlikely to be calculated per demand, so the first points drop theoretically could be sold out before all purchase a ticket, with a reserve set for Cherries Tuesday.

There isn’t going to be any way of the club knowing who has attended 19 league games but zero of the others or if someone has attended 14 league games but all of the tag ons. 19 points will be 19 points, I would assume.

So you could theoretically find yourself on 23 points and miss out. Depending on how it goes.

I think this is an unintended consequence of creating Cherries Tuesday. If the points system remained staggered and dropped 24, 23, 22, 21, 20 etc per day then at least everyone would know where they stand. But I’m sure the IT system makes that too difficult for the staff to process hence why they don’t do it.( I’m pretty sure other clubs do, some even used to do it in hourly windows. )

Ultimately the only people after season ticket holders, sponsors, hospitality etc guaranteed a ticket will be maximum points holders, so that’s going to be what currently? 19 league games, plus 2 women’s games, 2 pre season friendlies and 1 development squad game? So 24 points (as it stands).

The next points drop is unlikely to be calculated per demand, so the first points drop theoretically could be sold out before all purchase a ticket, with a reserve set for Cherries Tuesday.

There isn’t going to be any way of the club knowing who has attended 19 league games but zero of the others or if someone has attended 14 league games but all of the tag ons. 19 points will be 19 points, I would assume.

So you could theoretically find yourself on 23 points and miss out. Depending on how it goes.

I think this is an unintended consequence of creating Cherries Tuesday. If the points system remained staggered and dropped 24, 23, 22, 21, 20 etc per day then at least everyone would know where they stand. But I’m sure the IT system makes that too difficult for the staff to process hence why they don’t do it.( I’m pretty sure other clubs do, some even used to do it in hourly windows. )

Well I’ve decided to go today, takes me to 22. Guess we wait and see until tickets for next season go on sale!

I’m in exactly the same position @red_house, with a decade or so more for me.

Women's games, friendlies etc just aren’t viable. I now live in Cambridgeshire and travel down for home games (I also have maximum points) and I go to a few away games too but attending other games is almost impossible, but I doubt the club are that interested. They’re ‘squeezing the asset’, maximising revenue. I get it. I don’t like it, but I get it.

It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out next season. If it doesn’t work out then I can still watch the games on tv/online and I’ll spend my money on other things, or go to Cambridge Utd if I want to see live league football.

Your point in your subsequent post is well made too. I could ultimately end up with no points which won’t be very helpful come the new stadium.

I’m in exactly the same position @red_house, with a decade or so more for me.

Women's games, friendlies etc just aren’t viable. I now live in Cambridgeshire and travel down for home games (I also have maximum points) and I go to a few away games too but attending other games is almost impossible, but I doubt the club are that interested. They’re ‘squeezing the asset’, maximising revenue. I get it. I don’t like it, but I get it.

It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out next season. If it doesn’t work out then I can still watch the games on tv/online and I’ll spend my money on other things, or go to Cambridge Utd if I want to see live league football.

Your point in your subsequent post is well made too. I could ultimately end up with no points which won’t be very helpful come the new stadium.

but that’s where it’s wrong. You’re a loyal supporter, attended every home game for years no doubt, and then potentially next season unable to go. It’s wrong.

North stand stewards still doing their none shall pass job
At entrance C, ratio of male/female stewards searching was still 2/1 . And the female searcher not in usual place of the right hand line nearest the stand.
I suspect there were a few disgruntled ladies/girls being asked if they were OK to be searched by a bloke.
Surely you keep the usual ladies line as is, and swap out one of the blokes for another female (easier said than done maybe, but surely a priority if wanting to make such games more welcoming to all in every aspect)

Ever wondered why the term "one man and his dog" was introduced to indicate crowd size, as one old bloke doesn't fit the corporate model he ends up watching grassroots football as they are more than happy to serve him a pint / cup of tea as they are glad of his custom. Shape of things to come im afraid.......

;