Pub for England games?

NornIron

First Team
Hello. Not being one for supporting England I've never really gone to pubs to watch them.

i have some work colleagues visiting from Belgium tonight who want to go watch the game. Where should I take them that won't be a total teeth pull? They are staying town centre and will be on foot.

thanks

If they want the full raucous experience you should take them to George Tapps or Walkabout - quieter places probably up at the triangle. That said you've really got to be in the mood for it to watch an England tournament game in a pub. If you are it can be brilliant, if not everyone will annoy you.

If they want the full raucous experience you should take them to George Tapps or Walkabout - quieter places probably up at the triangle. That said you've really got to be in the mood for it to watch an England tournament game in a pub. If you are it can be brilliant, if not everyone will annoy you.

I watched England Iceland in a big pub near Coventry.

A memorable experiece.

A packed house full of miserable midlanders, by half time many of them had gone home and the rest were bickering amongst themselves.

upstairs in the butchers dog wimborne for the more 'discerning' punter...

i relayed some of the sentiment above (thanks!) and we actually ended up in The Cliff Top restaurant having fish and chips. From there we could look right across the road into the windows of the Hop Inn. Really quiet peaceful food with oddly good views of the pub screens!

From there it was onto the Moose in the town square which is a "World Cup Free Zone" for some quiet drinks. I'll pick them up in 9 hours for a proper day's work but they were happy enough. We got to watch the full 90 but in really quiet surroundings with decent booze and grub. Perfect! (aside from that last minute fluke ;-) )

Thanks for the info!!

The snapchats from my mates in George Taps last night looked absolutely ridiculous. I'm back in the UK for the Belgium game so will probably be heading there with them. Not sure if I'm scared or excited.

We were planning to go to the HQ sports bar in Dunstable on Sunday - but seeing as it was the first 'limbs AOTS' video on twitter last night..I think we might go somewhere slightly less raucous :grinning:

For a decent local football pub... The Brunswick has to be on your list... Decent ales, Awesome barn and large screen and a great outdoors area with decent screens... Always a decent atmosphere in there as well...

;