Pundits don’t like us

People still see us as a small club, like Blackpool were. they want to see big clubs like Leeds or Aston Villa in the Prem.

People still see us as a small club, like Blackpool were. they want to see big clubs like Leeds or Aston Villa in the Prem.

And if or when those such clubs can get their considerable weight pulling in one single direction under vaguely competent ownership and management, and make some smart transfers instead of blowing good money on mediocrity, they will inevitably return. However there's a lot of those fallen clubs down there, and they can't all return! And the longer they stay down there, the larger the gap is to bridge, history irrelevant.

Define "Big Club"

Nottingham Forest fans think they are a big club - based on winning the European Cup twice
Derby County fans think they are a big club
Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United probably consider themselves big clubs
Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland - all potentially big clubs

During the season we won the Championship, driving to the home game against Birmingham City, I heard a Middlesborough fan on a radio phone in saying that they deserved to be promoted, purely because they "hadn't been in the top division for a few years".

I would say that all the so called "Big" clubs not in the Prem League should do the same as us. Just come 1st or 2nd in the Championship or win the play-offs, then they will join us in the PL. Simples!

So why are they moaning?

Define "Big Club"

Nottingham Forest fans think they are a big club - based on winning the European Cup twice
Derby County fans think they are a big club
Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United probably consider themselves big clubs
Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland - all potentially big clubs

During the season we won the Championship, driving to the home game against Birmingham City, I heard a Middlesborough fan on a radio phone in saying that they deserved to be promoted, purely because they "hadn't been in the top division for a few years".

To be fair you missed out the two clubs he quoted as big clubs....;)

They are both big clubs...

....big clubs?...probably half of the football league could be in that description based on the size of their cities or towns...fair to say that the powerhouses of football's history stem from the north and midlands..Lundun clubs and those south of the smoke are like upstarts by comparison...let's face it Chelsea are 'new money'...and Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham are like cocky cockney types...we are from the footballing backwaters of the seaside and country folk...

If I had to list the top ten clubs IMO they would be;

Manchester United
Liverpool
Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Bolton Wanderers
Everton
Newcastle United
Blackpool
Sunderland
Preston North End

....big clubs?...probably half of the football league could be in that description based on the size of their cities or towns...fair to say that the powerhouses of football's history stem from the north and midlands..Lundun clubs and those south of the smoke are like upstarts by comparison...let's face it Chelsea are 'new money'...and Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham are like cocky cockney types...we are from the footballing backwaters of the seaside and country folk...

Manchester United
Liverpool
Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Bolton Wanderers
Everton
Newcastle United
Blackpool
Sunderland
Preston North End

Cocky cockney types?

Cor blimey!

Manchester United
Liverpool
Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Bolton Wanderers
Everton
Newcastle United
Blackpool
Sunderland
Preston North End

I think your grandad hijacked your keyboard

Manchester United
Liverpool
Aston Villa
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Bolton Wanderers
Everton
Newcastle United
Blackpool
Sunderland
Preston North End
Blimey. You don’t think Arsenal is a big club. The only team never to have been out of the top division.

What the pundits say is water off a duck's back to a Cardiff City fan. Generally they know absolutely diddly squat about the square root of nothing.

What I can say is that Bournemouth is a very much admired club by anybody that does understand football. Your team was terrific the year you won the Championship and your performances since then are in no way down to luck.

I am not sure that Fulham have what it takes for a full season at the highest level and I think the entitled Wolves fans are in for a disappointing season.

We know that we will be in a dog fight from Day 1, but bring it on!

When clubs such as Preston, Bolton, Blackburn , Sheffields , Manchesters, Liverpool ,Burnely, Newcastle and Sunderland etc formed the original Top league it was on the back of the successful industries in the north during the late 1800s. Lots of money in the area!
As we know Bournemouth only became a recognized town in 1870 with the coming of the railway and the population in 1880 was still only 17,000 approx. By this time and up to Ww1 football in the north was quite established in those towns. Burnleys population in 1850 had reached 20,000, rising to over 50,000,in 1900. Now it stands at only 70,000. Quite Static considering the time passed! Poole alone in our area now has 140,000+ and Bournemouth 180,00+. Things have changed!! Theoretically we should in time Eclipse Burnley, Bolton and Preston etc in terms of Stature....it just needs the final push from somewhere/ someone....Now must be our time to stay around ..not fade!

I am old enough to remember Man U. being in the old third division, us beating Newcastle in the old second division, Tottenham being promoted from the second division, Chelsea being broke, Plymouh trying to get into the top flight, Man City always playing second fiddle to Man U. Sunderland being a really big club, Leeds in the European Cup final, Tranmere being a major rival. Nothing in football ever stands still, look at the vale of tears that is the conference.

;