QPR fan in peace

davmanQPR

Plastic
Not here to gloat chaps, but to share some observations from Saturday.

It looked to me that you were playing so far within yourselves during the early exchanges and were giving us the respect a team perpetually winning deserved, although if you had watched (scouted?) those games, we hardly dominated any of them, because, like 90% of the teams in this league, we are extremely limited.

Your defensive shape was solid, but you looked like 0-0 would have done for you (a bit like the game at your place iirc), which, given the comparison of individual players on show, would be rather strange.

Long should have put you one up and how Smith missed his open goal I'll never know.

Surridge certainly made a difference, but once we got the second, you were never coming back.

So, what's going on? You, Norwich and Watford should be absolutely pissing this league with the ridiculous gap between the Prem and Champ funding and the relatively bigger squad that funding allows (and this season more than most sheer numbers will also be needed with the Sat - Weds - Sat fixtures).

Sorry to say, but your team looked like it was just going through the motions; not a lot of fight, not a lot of standing up and being counted, exactly what you don't need in this league.

All the best for the rest of the season (apart from when we sneak into the playoffs after a ridiculous run of wins naturally)...

Sorry to say, but your team looked like it was just going through the motions; not a lot of fight, not a lot of standing up and being counted, exactly what you don't need in this league.

Always interesting when an outsider sees it. We know it. But is anyone at the club aware?

Always interesting when an outsider sees it. We know it. But is anyone at the club aware?

It's not exactly insightful to say that AFCB play like a bunch of strangers is it?

What amused me is that he thinks we were intimidated by their recent record, as if we haven't played like a team of strangers completely devoid of confidence since Christmas and arguably before. I doubt the fact it was QPR had any impact whatsoever on our performance - they are bang average same as us and were lucky to win the game nevermind being a team that's apparently 'perpetually winning'.

It's not exactly insightful to say that AFCB play like a bunch of strangers is it?

What amused me is that he thinks we were intimidated by their recent record, as if we haven't played like a team of strangers completely devoid of confidence since Christmas and arguably before. I doubt the fact it was QPR had any impact whatsoever on our performance - they are bang average same as us and were lucky to win the game nevermind being a team that's apparently 'perpetually winning'.
I disagree....Woodgate definitely set us up with QPR's recent form in mind.....extremely negative.....3 at the back with 4 Centre midfielders and just 1 up top.....oh and our most creative player as a LWB!.......when have we ever done that?.....you'd think we were playing Man City......I can only hope Woody has learned something from it and just concentrates on what we're good at... and let the opposition worry about us.

...prudent comments from QPR fan.

I do think that some players play like this is an easy league and don't put in the extra needed in games...BUT that is where the manager comes in and gets into those types and pushes them to better performances.
It is not simple though as we have many on PL wages and they probably don't care as long as we are paying them!

I disagree....Woodgate definitely set us up with QPR's recent form in mind.....extremely negative.....3 at the back with 4 Centre midfielders and just 1 up top.....oh and our most creative player as a LWB!.......when have we ever done that?.....you'd think we were playing Man City......I can only hope Woody has learned something from it and just concentrates on what we're good at... and let the opposition worry about us.

I got called out and so missed the game. I'll take everyone's word for it that this one game was us giving too much respect to QPRs massively intimidating record, unlike all of the other games against teams up and down the division where AFCB have played free-flowing attacking football without a care in the world.

Or... they are completely devoid of confidence and have been for ages.

We’ve employed a defensive minded manager who was the 2nd worst Middlesbrough manager in their history and the vast, vast majority of our players are a bunch of gutless prema donnas.
Check out our car park and the lux level of our floodlights when stadiums reopen though, they’re pretty impressive.

I got called out and so missed the game. I'll take everyone's word for it that this one game was us giving too much respect to QPRs massively intimidating record, unlike all of the other games against teams up and down the division where AFCB have played free-flowing attacking football without a care in the world.

Or... they are completely devoid of confidence and have been for ages.
Well you're obviously not taking everyone's word for it....what a surprise!......perhaps if like the QPR fan you had actually watched the game you could offer a valid opinion.

Well you're obviously not taking everyone's word for it....what a surprise!......perhaps if like the QPR fan you had actually watched the game you could offer a valid opinion.

Yeah I read what he said - a bunch of players playing within themselves, just going through the motions, not a lot of fight, affording the opposition too much respect, no standing up and being counted...

Yeah you're right, my opinion that this performance wasn't simply because they were intimidated by QPR's incredible record and that it was simply more of the same must be completely invalid. Thanks for putting me right.

Yeah I read what he said - a bunch of players playing within themselves, just going through the motions, not a lot of fight, affording the opposition too much respect, no standing up and being counted...

Yeah you're right, my opinion that this performance wasn't simply because they were intimidated by QPR's incredible record and that it was simply more of the same must be completely invalid. Thanks for putting me right.
The OP didn't really use the word "incredible", and also recognised his own teams limitations.

It looked to me that you were playing so far within yourselves during the early exchanges and were giving us the respect a team perpetually winning deserved, although if you had watched (scouted?) those games, we hardly dominated any of them, because, like 90% of the teams in this league, we are extremely limited.

Your defensive shape was solid, but you looked like 0-0 would have done for you (a bit like the game at your place iirc), which, given the comparison of individual players on show, would be rather strange.

Long should have put you one up and how Smith missed his open goal I'll never know.

Surridge certainly made a difference, but once we got the second, you were never coming back.

So, what's going on? You, Norwich and Watford should be absolutely pissing this league with the ridiculous gap between the Prem and Champ funding and the relatively bigger squad that funding allows (and this season more than most sheer numbers will also be needed with the Sat - Weds - Sat fixtures).

All the best for the rest of the season (apart from when we sneak into the playoffs after a ridiculous run of wins naturally)...

Maybe that should be forwarded to whom it concerns at our club.

Maybe that should be forwarded to whom it concerns at our club.

CC: nblake@afcb.co.uk; rhughes@afcb.co.uk; jwoodgate@afcb.co.uk

:p

The players may not have been, but it certainly looked like Woodgate was. He played a 361 for Christs sake

;