QPR fan in peace

... and no one on our side ready to take a lead and set an example. Lack of leadership on the pitch now goes back two/three seasons and is an underlying problem. Woodgate needs to find battlers - poss S Cook, Lerma, Surridge - and get them to lead by example. Currently our lot subside meekly - that last 15 minutes on Saturday was deplorable.

Well they had just beaten Brentford, Watford and Cardiff so are obviously no mugs, add on that result against us and you could argue they're on a decent run. Woody set up to nullify any threat but with no disrespect to them they didn't have much. They looked a little ordinary, I thought Rotherham had more attacking threat. This is when Woody should have taken the shackles off and changed things but he's obviously still finding his feet. Its still early days so will forgive him that one.

The OP didn't really use the word "incredible", and also recognised his own teams limitations.

Yes I used the word incredible to take the piss because I don't think any team in the division would feel intimidated by the fact that QPR have won a few games by the odd goal recently.

That's the thing, Derek - it might be obvious to you guys as you have been watching your team over the course of the season. Funnily enough, that's only the second time I've seen your lot this season and it was a bit of a surprise, really...

Well it's not a surprise to us. It's nice of you to pop by and tell us how sh*t we are after a defeat as if we don't know though.

Do you stand outside your local funeral parlour telling people that your loved ones are still alive but that theirs probably died because they stopped breathing?

it’s a good observation from a fan of an opponent. We are used to it, but it is clearly apparent to see in one game. That means managers and opponents know it. We have no confidence. QPR did, they’re on a good run. A draw would have been a good result. We didn’t get it as we weren’t good enough.

That's the thing, Derek - it might be obvious to you guys as you have been watching your team over the course of the season. Funnily enough, that's only the second time I've seen your lot this season and it was a bit of a surprise, really...
It's been like that for the past 18-24 months really. No team spirit and players happy to go through the motions and pick up their pay. Lots of tiffs and mouthing off at each other on the pitch. Just a total shambles. We have good players but haven't had a good TEAM for going on two years now.

I think we need to rebuild completely but do not give up hope that somebody can manage to kick this lot we have back into some sort of decent shape.
At least now JW is our permanent manager and maybe that will give him a bit more confidence to be a bit braver in his tactics and a bit harder on the players he has inherited here.

:utc:

Well it's not a surprise to us. It's nice of you to pop by and tell us how sh*t we are after a defeat as if we don't know though.

Do you stand outside your local funeral parlour telling people that your loved ones are still alive but that theirs probably died because they stopped breathing?

They did start their post with qpr fan in peace. Nothing In their post is malicious they are simply putting across their point of view and observation

:slap:...that post is so out of context with his comments. Plus you admit you didn't even see the game.

Not here to gloat chaps, but to share some observations from Saturday.

It looked to me that you were playing so far within yourselves during the early exchanges and were giving us the respect a team perpetually winning deserved, although if you had watched (scouted?) those games, we hardly dominated any of them, because, like 90% of the teams in this league, we are extremely limited.

Your defensive shape was solid, but you looked like 0-0 would have done for you (a bit like the game at your place iirc), which, given the comparison of individual players on show, would be rather strange.

Long should have put you one up and how Smith missed his open goal I'll never know.

Surridge certainly made a difference, but once we got the second, you were never coming back.

So, what's going on? You, Norwich and Watford should be absolutely pissing this league with the ridiculous gap between the Prem and Champ funding and the relatively bigger squad that funding allows (and this season more than most sheer numbers will also be needed with the Sat - Weds - Sat fixtures).

Sorry to say, but your team looked like it was just going through the motions; not a lot of fight, not a lot of standing up and being counted, exactly what you don't need in this league.

All the best for the rest of the season (apart from when we sneak into the playoffs after a ridiculous run of wins naturally)...
As said by others, hard to argue with any points you raise! Our formation on Saturday was mind boggling, effectively 361 with our most creative player (Stanislas) at wing back. Crazy. Apart from the last ten, I do think we made you look a bit ordinary, but at the cost of playing our own game. The main issue with us, I think, is incredibly fragile confidence. You could see it after we lost at Palace last season, the belief just fell away from the team so quickly. It seems to be the same this season.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

Can I just say it's a pet hate of mine that opposition fans come on and say '------------ fan in peace'. Annoys me, that phrase does! Just say you're a QPR fan, or whatever.

Apart from that, all valid observations!

They did start their post with qpr fan in peace. Nothing In their post is malicious they are simply putting across their point of view and observation

Presumably he posted on here to see how Bournemouth supporters feel about things, well that's how I feel. He's alright, wasn't rude or anything but he is stating the bleeding obvious on an oppo website after his team has won. He's going to get some prickly responses.

Had a bad night? Got out of bed the wrong side? FFS.

My God you're grumpy this morning, even by your own high standards.

;