Queens Park Rangers v AFC Bournemouth - 3rd Round FA Cup

Waz is back as soon as RandR disappears.

Surprise surprise.
Nah, totally different people.

Waz I like having around, especially when he puts his mind to tactics he can make some very salient points that are worthwhile discussing. The issues he and his alter egos have gotten on this forum generally stem from what I think is him having very strong emotional reactions (which is totally fine). When we're doing poorly it becomes doom-and-gloom that verges on self(Bournemouth)-hatred and talking about how other teams are better than us as part of that, and that understandably gets him the most stick. A lot here, myself included, don't like to see posts that come off as Bournemouth-hatred. I disagree with him at those times, but we all respond to disappoint differently and it's at least understandable why he veers toward those points when performances are poor. But when we do well, like in recent weeks, I think on the other side of that exact same coin his praise can sometimes become overly effusive, stuff like how a player MUST be played in a way because it was very successful recently. Even if I disagree with the level of praise at times, it's worthwhile discussion and we're all generally happy to praise the team's successes, generally doesn't get much stick at times like these. Overall, I'd say Waz is fun to have around when we're doing well and has worthwhile thoughts on tactics when discussion turns there, he can just be overly negative when we're underperforming in his eyes.

R&R is very much different in that he takes the dismal attitude of Waz when we're doing poorly, cranks it to 11, and then keeps it up despite whatever form we are in. He picks the most basic facts that can be construed as negative (sometimes even making up ones incorrectly or using unwarranted assumptions, his "reality" and "realism" are all too often "lies" and "imagination"), ignores absolutely anything positive that may counteract those or negatives the opposition similarly may be suffering, predicts the absolutely worst-case scenario, and then revels in being right on the occasional instance that we do poorly. Also has a habit of spelling player's names incorrectly despite being corrected, which is disrespectful of the team and I haven't seen Waz ever do that. Even when Waz may feel like he's rooted for the opposition because we've performed poorly and he's feeling negative, he still has that basic level of respect for the team. R&R is not just annoyingly negative, but also annoyingly predictable.

Sure, both can be lightning rods on this forum at times, but I'll have Waz 1000% of the time over R&R, and they're definitely not alter egos.

Last edited:
Nah, totally different people.

Waz I like have around, especially when he puts his mind to tactics he can make some very salient points that are worthwhile discussing. The issues he and his alter egos have gotten on this forum generally stem from what I think is him having very strong emotional reactions (which is totally fine). When we're doing poorly it becomes doom-and-gloom that verges on self(Bournemouth)-hatred and talking about how other teams are better than us as part of that, and that understandably gets him the most stick. A lot here, myself included, don't like to see posts that come off as Bournemouth-hatred. I disagree with him at those times, but we all respond to disappoint differently and it's at least understandable why he veers toward those points when performances are poor. But when we do well, like in recent weeks, I think on the other side of that exact same coin his praise can sometimes become overly effusive, stuff like how a player MUST be played in a way because it was very successful recently. Even if I disagree with the level of praise at times, it's worthwhile discussion and we're all generally happy to praise the team's successes, generally doesn't get much stick at times like these. Overall, I'd say Waz is fun to have around when we're doing well and has worthwhile thoughts on tactics when discussion turns there, he can just be overly negative when we're underperforming in his eyes.

R&R is very much different in that he takes the dismal attitude of Waz when we're doing poorly, cranks it to 11, and then keeps it up despite whatever form we are in. He picks the most basic facts that can be construed as negative (sometimes even making up ones incorrectly or using unwarranted assumptions, his "reality" and "realism" are all too often "lies" and "imagination"), ignores absolutely anything positive that may counteract those or negatives the opposition similarly may be suffering, predicts the absolutely worst-case scenario, and then revels in being right on the occasional instance that we do poorly. Also has a habit of spelling player's names incorrectly despite being corrected, which is disrespectful of the team and I haven't seen Waz ever do that. Even when Waz may feel like he's rooted for the opposition because we've performed poorly and he's feeling negative, he still has that basic level of respect for the team. R&R is not just annoyingly negative, but also annoyingly predictable.

Sure, both can be lightning rods on this forum at times, but I'll have Waz 1000% of the time over R&R, and they're definitely not alter egos.
Spot on Waz just gets carried away. Annoying though at times.
Reality boy is around 30 years older than Waz.
A complete train wreck. Lives in a world different to the rest of the human race.

I think Brooks needs to go out on loan probably to a Championship club in top 6. I know he looks young but he is 26 now.
I think you do have a point. I always want Brooks to have success for us after everything he's been through with us, but it just doesn't seem to be working out since his return. Part of this may be Iraola's tactics, we're at our best when we're irrepressible and constantly pressuring the opponent, while Brooks, despite his creativity on the ball, doesn't seem to quite have the energy and physicality to match those demands (at this point in time at least). Maybe if he had a stretch of regular play in the team he'd get up to speed, but with Semenyo/Tavernier/Sinisterra finding success on the wings and Kluivert/Billing in the center there isn't much room for Brooks and we want to keep the current momentum going. So a loan, or even eventual sale, to a lower league may do him a world of good in getting back to some of his past form.

Was anyone worried going in at HT 2-0 down ?
I wasn't.
Similar to the Tottenham game, even when down multiple goals Iraola and the team have me believing that we can claw our way back. It took some time to get going this season and his tactics to sink in, but the self-belief in our squad is pretty incredible now.

Talk me through the AI tactical masterclass of the first half Neil? Surely AI should be a negative?

You mention Senesi as a negative despite him being superb for 89 mins... He was literally our only central defender for the whole second half and pinged the ball around with aplomb.
Will say, despite Senesi getting beat for pace, I think that was more due to the defensive setup than on him. Him not having that much pace is a known quantity, in our success recently he's paired well with Zabarnyi precisely because Zabarnyi is good at sweeping when the opposition go long, making up for Senesi's pace. Even though we haven't generally played Senesi and Kelly together, I'd bet they could manage similarly once allowed to gel. In this case, it was moreso that Mepham was out of position (iirc, haven't looked at a replay recently) and Senesi lacked the pace to sweep for him. Mepham-Kelly combo today probably would have also prevented that goal, with Kelly's greater pace sweeping Mepham to step forward.

If anything, that goal can partially go on Iraola since the Mepham-Senesi CB duo struggles a bit for pace and hasn't had a run of games to gel together. Full credit to him for turning it around brilliantly at half time though, even good managers make mistakes, but great managers are able to correct them.

A little off topic but I haven’t seen it discussed, I initially felt a little sad at the abuse Bego was getting from our fans. Then he did some shithousery with a spare ball on the pitch to try and disrupt our attack, he knew what he was doing, and from then I stopped feeling sad.
He got a great reception in the area I was in .

I will make the following comment transmitted from the planet Realism. The people that thought we would turn this around at half time are in a small minority. I, for one, certainly didn't. We looked like a side that were well beaten.

However, I must stand up and salute AI for the truely inspired substitutions and change of tactics, formation and shape in the second half. If we had still been under the control of Parker and or, GON we would have out of the competition by now. AI has proven himself to be a masterclass at changing things when required. (Something that Eddie would never do despite his success with us). His overall reading of the game is superb and is indeed unquestionable.

Well done to AI and all the players today for standing firm in the face of adversity.

He's only 20 and hasn't actually had a lot of minutes in most of those 44 games so I presume you're one of those who'd written off Solanke in the early days too.
Dom always had talent, capped at most levels for England, signed by massive clubs. Player of the tournament in a World Cup. Never wrote him off.

A QPR player who has struggled to make a name for himself at Torquay and Aldershot...

Jumped the gun a little bit there. :ROFLMAO:

Do you feel daft?

Not at half time I didn't. The people that thought we would turn the game around at half are in a distinct minority. The ones that stated we would are bare faced liars as there was no evidence in the first half to prove this.

AI is a masterclass at changing things when they need to be changed, so well done to him.

Last edited:
Not at half time I didn't. The peoplr that thought we would turn the game around at half are in a distinct minority. The ones that stated wd would are bare faced liars as there was no evidence to prove this.

AI is a masterclass at changing things when yhey need to be changed.
No, the difference is that many, many supporters have faith and belief in our team and understand that a game is 90 minutes not 45. You however just continue to show how clueless you are. Did all the 2800 fans at the game clear off and go down the pub at half time. No, they stayed and supported the team because they knew we could win.
I wasn't at the game but it was obvious we only needed a goal to get us going and with our quality that was always going to happen.

Not at half time I didn't. The peoplr that thought we would turn the game around at half are in a distinct minority. The ones that stated wd would are bare faced liars as there was no evidence to prove this.

AI is a masterclass at changing things when yhey need to be changed.
with AI in charge I think as a team we're always capable of getting back into a game, the same as when Eddie was in charge (not his last season) I think most FANS will think the same

Dom always had talent, capped at most levels for England, signed by massive clubs. Player of the tournament in a World Cup. Never wrote him off.

A QPR player who has struggled to make a name for himself at Torquay and Aldershot...
Well, my initial post was just a throwaway remark and I've no idea how good or bad Armstrong really is as I've only seen him the once but I just think he's a big unit and seemed a real handful so who knows how good/bad he might be under a decent coach. You apparently seem pretty confident that he's sh1t. Does that mean you're one of the forum's so- called experts?

;