Queens Park Rangers v AFC Bournemouth - 3rd Round FA Cup

S
I would love to know what was said at halftime. I don't get the impression that Andoni is one to be irate (lol) but today I wonder. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Christie had something to say, either.
Something like, 'You're Premier League players. Now go back out and start playing like Premier League players.' And quite possibly not that politely.

A little off topic but I haven’t seen it discussed, I initially felt a little sad at the abuse Bego was getting from our fans. Then he did some shithousery with a spare ball on the pitch to try and disrupt our attack, he knew what he was doing, and from then I stopped feeling sad.
It was a deliberate and calculated act of gamesmanship. Credit to the officials for working as a team so he could at least be warned about it.

A little off topic but I haven’t seen it discussed, I initially felt a little sad at the abuse Bego was getting from our fans. Then he did some shithousery with a spare ball on the pitch to try and disrupt our attack, he knew what he was doing, and from then I stopped feeling sad.
he got a warm reception at the start of the second half and he clapped back

Wouldn't want Armstrong. Can't even knee slide without getting injured.
He hasn’t scored since august but our ineptitude made him look like a real player. I like Senesi but, for someone with the nickname gladiator, he seems to struggle in a physical battle.

First half was a stinker but AI’s brave approach combined with erasing repeated individual errors meant we overcame a really poor side.

Is the last we will see of Chris mepham, who has been vocal about needing more game time

Any thoughts about the performance of the referee? I thought she had excellent game and clearly wanted to let the game flow wherever she could. Fifteen minutes before the first free kick. What other refs might have seen as fouls and blown up, she was seeing as robust but fair challenges. For example the way Billing won the ball in the build up to our third goal.

Any thoughts about the performance of the referee? I thought she had excellent game and clearly wanted to let the game flow wherever she could. Fifteen minutes before the first free kick. What other refs might have seen as fouls and blown up, she was seeing as robust but fair challenges. For example the way Billing won the ball in the build up to our third goal.
I thought she did an excellent job. Stayed well out of the way, gave cards that were reasonable. I watched her first EPL match (at Fulham?) and she was the same there. Better than many of the other EPL refs, I think.

I thought she did an excellent job. Stayed well out of the way, gave cards that were reasonable. I watched her first EPL match (at Fulham?) and she was the same there. Better than many of the other EPL refs, I think.
What did she book Billing for?

Not at half time I didn't. The people that thought we would turn the game around at half are in a distinct minority. The ones that stated we would are bare faced liars as there was no evidence in the first half to prove this.

AI is a masterclass at changing things when they need to be changed, so well done to him.
I never thought we were going to lose that game at any time ,
2-0 against the run of play is never a good scoreline
We should of scored 7.

Well, my initial post was just a throwaway remark and I've no idea how good or bad Armstrong really is as I've only seen him the once but I just think he's a big unit and seemed a real handful so who knows how good/bad he might be under a decent coach. You apparently seem pretty confident that he's sh1t. Does that mean you're one of the forum's so- called experts?
Yes.

He's no Ian Wright working his way up from Non League football. He can't get into the QPR team - and they have lost a shed load of games. Didn't set Aldershot or Torquay on fire. I don't think he will trouble Van Dijk or Stones.

I presume that makes me an expert.

Last edited:
Try telling that to the moron behind me who insisted on calling her a "dozy bitch"
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that a fair proportion of our current crop of "younger" away support are pond life.
I saw and heard stuff today that was embarrassing

You don't get this at DC

This has been a quite pleasurable day all things considered.
The Cherries stretched our patience a bit and our emotions....with two very different halves of football.....against old foes QPR....who stole our promotion at the death in 1948 with a 1 - 0 win at Dean Court in a dramatic scenario in front of a huge post - war crowd..and had the reputation of our bogey team for a number of years....with Cherries fans who have largely departed Earth.
The rivalry was quite intense as those old Cherries would relay to us kids !
Their history has been similar to ours on the achievement front albeit slightly better with a League cup win as an old Div 3 club and a couple of high placed finishes in the old Div I....and a previous FA Cup win v Boscombe in 67....which we have now avenged..
QPR...one of the more friendly and modest clubs generally..so I hope they stay up this year.

The thrills and spills of TheFACup eh?
A nostalgic visit to Loftus Rd…we got there in the end !

Travers 7 Good to see him in the nets a good save in the first half and looked ok throughout
Aarons 6 poor their second goal but organised himself better in the secondary nd 45
Senesi 7 best of our defenders some good pushing forward too
Mepham 5 got tapped for toe with their first goal and wasn’t much better for their second either. Looks way behind in the PL CB race
Tavernier 7.5 better from him today..important goal early after the restart
Cook 7 generally good game especially filling in in defence in second half
Billing 7 As enigmatic as ever good set up for our winner
Moore 6 Good header for our equaliser but largely a forlorn figure
Sinisterra 6 okay but gave away a few silly free kicks near the end that could have cost us
Brooks 5 A shadow of his former self,sad to see this
Scott 6 some good touches but not enough against this opposition today…missed a sitter too
Kluivert 6.5 showed good skills and added some urgency to our attacks grabbed the winner being in the right place to finish close home
Christie 8 his introduction won us the match best player on the pitch by the end

Referee 8 was excellent I thought

Conclusion with a makeshift side we dug deep and got through nuff said

This has been a quite pleasurable day all things considered.
The Cherries stretched our patience a bit and our emotions....with two very different halves of football.....against old foes QPR....who stole our promotion at the death in 1948 with a 1 - 0 win at Dean Court in a dramatic scenario in front of a huge post - war crowd..and had the reputation of our bogey team for a number of years....with Cherries fans who have largely departed Earth.
The rivalry was quite intense as those old Cherries would relay to us kids !
Their history has been similar to ours on the achievement front albeit slightly better with a League cup win as an old Div 3 club and a couple of high placed finishes in the old Div I....and a previous FA Cup win v Boscombe in 67....which we have now avenged..
QPR...one of the more friendly and modest clubs generally..so I hope they stay up this year.
How old were you when you were on the Titanic Brian

;