Queens Park Rangers v AFC Bournemouth - 3rd Round FA Cup

I have seen enough of an AI team to know that we will always be in a game because we always look like we will score. That doesn’t mean that we will score every game, that also doesn’t mean that we will always come back from a goal or goals down. It just means that we are going to be front foot, we are going to try to score and that we all know that goals have the opportunity to change momentum and the opportunity to change the result.

This seems quite likely. He probably needs to be somewhere else.
Think so and it’s a bit unfair to keep throwing him in, taking him off at half time and then not play for several games and expecting a top performance. Great squad player for us so hard to replace

The thrills and spills of TheFACup eh?
A nostalgic visit to Loftus Rd…we got there in the end !

Travers 7 Good to see him in the nets a good save in the first half and looked ok throughout
Aarons 6 poor their second goal but organised himself better in the secondary nd 45
Senesi 7 best of our defenders some good pushing forward too
Mepham 5 got tapped for toe with their first goal and wasn’t much better for their second either. Looks way behind in the PL CB race
Tavernier 7.5 better from him today..important goal early after the restart
Cook 7 generally good game especially filling in in defence in second half
Billing 7 As enigmatic as ever good set up for our winner
Moore 6 Good header for our equaliser but largely a forlorn figure
Sinisterra 6 okay but gave away a few silly free kicks near the end that could have cost us
Brooks 5 A shadow of his former self,sad to see this
Scott 6 some good touches but not enough against this opposition today…missed a sitter too
Kluivert 6.5 showed good skills and added some urgency to our attacks grabbed the winner being in the right place to finish close home
Christie 8 his introduction won us the match best player on the pitch by the end

Referee 8 was excellent I thought

Conclusion with a makeshift side we dug deep and got through nuff said
Thanks for sticking your neck out to give marks.

Not sure on Scott’s overall mark but, given his talents, I think first half rating was a 3. Very unexpected display.

Thought kluivert made a big difference so worth a higher mark especially as he scored the winner?

Interesting. Personally don’t agree as I think had Solanke started we wouldn’t have needed to bring Christie on. To me Dom is the most important player in our side but it’s all about opinions and Christie certainly helped transform the game today and has been incredible in his new role.
Solanke has started every game this season, we only started winning once Christie moved to central midfield. He is the foundation of the whole team, without him players like Dom wouldn’t be thriving like they are. Imo of course.

Solanke has started every game this season, we only started winning once Christie moved to central midfield. He is the foundation of the whole team, without him players like Dom wouldn’t be thriving like they are. Imo of course.
Not sure we need to decide who is the most key individual in a team game. No doubt my vote would be that dom is our biggest asset. We saw how we struggled last season without him - and he gives the focal point of the team. Having said that, though imho, christie and tav are vital for us too

All about opinions. Goals and assists win games, without them you can have all the Christie’s in the world and you will be relegated. I totally agree with you about how his move transformed our season but it’s not as important as Solankes movement, goals and assists.

I have seen enough of an AI team to know that we will always be in a game because we always look like we will score. That doesn’t mean that we will score every game, that also doesn’t mean that we will always come back from a goal or goals down. It just means that we are going to be front foot, we are going to try to score and that we all know that goals have the opportunity to change momentum and the opportunity to change the result.
Agree. Difference between the Man U and the Spurs performances were we took chances in one and not the other. They were otherwise pretty identical.

Agree. Difference between the Man U and the Spurs performances were we took chances in one and not the other. They were otherwise pretty identical.
Through our recent unbeaten run we have been very clinical but spurs match saw us go back to wasteful play. Forest would not have been a win without those 2 dom headers - wonder what the XG would be of those 2 chances?

Through our recent unbeaten run we have been very clinical but spurs match saw us go back to wasteful play. Forest would not have been a win without those 2 dom headers - wonder what the XG would be of those 2 chances?
I think Matt posted some stats on it at the time. Something like a 3% chance of that winner being a goal. Cross was behind him and he was near the edge of the box. He made Smiths ball look Beckhamesque!

Begovic was a d*ck for kicking a second ball onto the pitch to try to stop one of our attacks.
It was worse than that. He brought a second ball onto the pitch. Placed it as if to take a goal kick. Waited for a while. And only chose to kick it forwards once he saw our attack developing. Credit to the officials. The ref was at the other end so she couldn't have seen it, but she did talk to him about it. That could only have come from her linesman. I think he was lucky not to get a yellow for doing that.

Tis a bit of a tricky one, could argue that the Christie move deeper in midfield coincided with Iraola's tactics sinking in and becoming second nature for the rest of the team, so while he has undeniably been brilliant in the new position, our results with him there versus in other positions may flatter a bit as the rest of the team was playing worse previously as well. It seemed like the defense hadn't quite figured out when to step up or drop back earlier in the season, leaving the gaps between midfield and defense that were exploited in the beginning of the season, but have mostly sorted it out in our current run of good form - is that just them getting used to the tactics, or is Christie in mid helping with that as well?

Obviously, a football team is a lot of moving parts, so while I won't say it's solely on the shift of Christie to a deeper position that our good form rests on and is absolutely critical, it certainly has been a large part and we lose a step without him there.

Between Solanke and Christie's importance to the team, assuming the rest of the team is executing Iraola's tactics well, I'd put them pretty even. Christie has that extra energy in midfield that no one else on the team equals, which helps us become the irrepressible force the team can be when it's at its best, like in the early second half today, and is very good at advancing the ball. Solanke is unmatched as far as our center forward options go, he's as good at being a target man to hold up the ball as a big man like Moore, which Semenyo or Kluivert haven't yet shown, has been in good finishing form this season (and the Championship promotion year as well), and his ability at pressing and forming a fluid front line interchanging with other attackers is something that Moore lacks. Take out either of them and the team's quality drops a notch, start without both like today and it'll be an uphill battle with others trying to fill those shoes.

Will be interesting to see in the coming windows how we try to find back up for the critical roles both play. Who can we get that can provide the swiss army knife, all around striker play of Solanke? If Adams can get fit, might he already be able to back-up Christie's role? The latter is idle speculation, from what I recall hearing he's more defensively focused while Christie can pick a pass too, so he might not be that answer, but it'll be interesting to see.

Nah, totally different people.

Waz I like having around, especially when he puts his mind to tactics he can make some very salient points that are worthwhile discussing. The issues he and his alter egos have gotten on this forum generally stem from what I think is him having very strong emotional reactions (which is totally fine). When we're doing poorly it becomes doom-and-gloom that verges on self(Bournemouth)-hatred and talking about how other teams are better than us as part of that, and that understandably gets him the most stick. A lot here, myself included, don't like to see posts that come off as Bournemouth-hatred. I disagree with him at those times, but we all respond to disappoint differently and it's at least understandable why he veers toward those points when performances are poor. But when we do well, like in recent weeks, I think on the other side of that exact same coin his praise can sometimes become overly effusive, stuff like how a player MUST be played in a way because it was very successful recently. Even if I disagree with the level of praise at times, it's worthwhile discussion and we're all generally happy to praise the team's successes, generally doesn't get much stick at times like these. Overall, I'd say Waz is fun to have around when we're doing well and has worthwhile thoughts on tactics when discussion turns there, he can just be overly negative when we're underperforming in his eyes.

R&R is very much different in that he takes the dismal attitude of Waz when we're doing poorly, cranks it to 11, and then keeps it up despite whatever form we are in. He picks the most basic facts that can be construed as negative (sometimes even making up ones incorrectly or using unwarranted assumptions, his "reality" and "realism" are all too often "lies" and "imagination"), ignores absolutely anything positive that may counteract those or negatives the opposition similarly may be suffering, predicts the absolutely worst-case scenario, and then revels in being right on the occasional instance that we do poorly. Also has a habit of spelling player's names incorrectly despite being corrected, which is disrespectful of the team and I haven't seen Waz ever do that. Even when Waz may feel like he's rooted for the opposition because we've performed poorly and he's feeling negative, he still has that basic level of respect for the team. R&R is not just annoyingly negative, but also annoyingly predictable.

Sure, both can be lightning rods on this forum at times, but I'll have Waz 1000% of the time over R&R, and they're definitely not alter egos.
To me it's as blindingly obvious that R&R and Waz are two completely different posters but your prognosis above sets it out in much better detail.
How some on here can conclude they are one and the same is beyond me.

Was a great comeback after an initial scare.

Some players may have proved that they aren't direct replacements at this very high level.

Brooks
Mepham
Moore

Horrible to be so ruthless and be all Billy big balls, but they aren't the players who will take us to the next level.

Almost feels awful just to say that as they are all great players, but if Andoni extends his 2 year contract, it'll almost be on the provision that some players have to leave in order to make way for new blood.

It almost feels sacrilegious to say Brooks isn't good enough, but unfortunately it's a reality under the new manager and new philosophy.

In order to get Andoni to sign a new contract, he probably gets to decide who will come and go.

Can't see 5 or 6 of the current 25 being a part of his future ideas.

A little off topic but I haven’t seen it discussed, I initially felt a little sad at the abuse Bego was getting from our fans. Then he did some shithousery with a spare ball on the pitch to try and disrupt our attack, he knew what he was doing, and from then I stopped feeling sad.
He deliberately got the ball boy to pass him an extra ball while the game was in play at the other end. He then tried to stop play by rolling it up the pitch but I think one. Of ours kicked it out.

Cheating ****************

Really embarrassing. Fortunately such idiots can't read or write so we don't have to put up with them on here.
Bang on the money with both comments. It was pretty early in the game when a few noisy toddlers behind me in the upper tier started with their “You don’t understand the rules”, and she’d only played a QPR advantage to let the game flow. Embarrassing shouting from kids who should know better. Thought the refereeing was good on the whole, letting the game flow well. Phil Bill’s booking unfortunate but if you’re going to wave imaginary yellows…

;