Queens Park Rangers v AFC Bournemouth - 3rd Round FA Cup

I never thought we were going to lose that game at any time ,
2-0 against the run of play is never a good scoreline
We should of scored 7.
You are correct. In the second half we should have scored seven and may well have done if we had Solanke available.

AI stated he had minor niggles concerning one or two individuals. I have gut feeling that Solanke was one of them. Lets hope he is available for the Liverpool game.

He deliberately got the ball boy to pass him an extra ball while the game was in play at the other end. He then tried to stop play by rolling it up the pitch but I think one. Of ours kicked it out.

Cheating ****************
Twice there was two balls on the pitch with the game in play.

And some people were claiming the referee was brilliant.

You are correct. In the second half we should have scored seven and may well have done if we had Solanke available.

AI stated he had minor niggles concerning one or two individuals. I have gut feeling that Solanke was one of them. Lets hope he is available for the Liverpool game.
AI has already said that Smith and Solanke had MINOR knocks and it wasn’t worth risking them.

No official spotted it but if it helps you to blame the referee…
A decent ref follows the ball, play developing off the ball and, if needs be to the exclusion of everything else; what is happening at the other end of the pitch behind their back.
With such a poor performance I can't see yesterday's ref getting another game outside of Sunday league.

Sounds like some common sense was applied. No room for that in football.
Exactly. Ok the rules say that there should only be one ball on the field, but in both cases everyone knew which one the real ball was and played to that. In other words the second balls made no difference. I really like the way she allowed the game to flow wherever she could and wish more referees had the same ethos.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. Considering the debate around VAR at the moment, does anyone have an opinion as to whether our game was better without it yesterday? Take for example our third goal and Billing's challenge to win the ball from the defender in the build up. The defender went down but the ref obviously thought he had gone down too easily and allowed play to continue before Billing crossed and Kluivert scored. What would the manditory VAR review had done? How long would it have taken? And would it have been worthwhile?

Personally I'm in favour the concept of VAR because in theory it means that correct decisions get made. But there are ways in which its current operation has to be improved and I'm worried that it's getting discredited out of the game.

It's shame we didn't have VAR, she could have stopped the game for ten minutes to establish which ball was the correct one.
I can see QPR asking for the game to be replayed.

thanks for that. nearly spat out my tea :grinning:

if it had been a pl game involving an elite club and goal had been scored, you could actually see that happening

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. Considering the debate around VAR at the moment, does anyone have an opinion as to whether our game was better without it yesterday? Take for example our third goal and Billing's challenge to win the ball from the defender in the build up. The defender went down but the ref obviously thought he had gone down too easily and allowed play to continue before Billing crossed and Kluivert scored. What would the manditory VAR review had done? How long would it have taken? And would it have been worthwhile?

Personally I'm in favour the concept of VAR because in theory it means that correct decisions get made. But there are ways in which its current operation has to be improved and I'm worried that it's getting discredited out of the game.
More importantly how lovely was it to celebrate each goal yesterday knowing they were going to stand. They should make the cups VAR free… no way would I have celebrated that last one so freely in the PL because I’d have already been worrying if Phil had used excessive force….

I didn’t notice the ref yesterday which is my criteria of if they are good or not. She was therefore good.

At some point she will make a bad error. Watch what happens then as a certain group of people treat it as the first bad refereeing error since 1896.

The old adage...if you don't notice the referee, they've had a good game.....trouble was I noticed her plenty of times.....all about opinions.. :grinning:

More importantly how lovely was it to celebrate each goal yesterday knowing they were going to stand. They should make the cups VAR free… no way would I have celebrated that last one so freely in the PL because I’d have already been worrying if Phil had used excessive force….

I didn’t notice the ref yesterday which is my criteria of if they are good or not. She was therefore good.

At some point she will make a bad error. Watch what happens then as a certain group of people treat it as the first bad refereeing error since 1896.
Good point. Being able to have a whole celebration beats having two half celebrations - one when the ball goes in, and another when the goal gets confirmed.

;