Questionnaire for Bournemouth fans on the significance of football stadium names

I speed read the title, missed the last word and thought someone at the club was starting something.........

I think you'll need to find a different section of the fanbase to get anything other than replies that resemble the post above from Wallmth.

Good luck with it anyway.

@Fraserja - I filled out the questionnaire honestly but don't feel it necessarily captures the tension between finance and tradition.

I answered that I call it Dean Court and I like it being called Dean Court and that having it's traditional name makes the club feel closer to the fanbase. So it's going to look like I'm totally against ground sponsorship.

If you asked if calling it the Vitality meant we signed an extra new player every two or three seasons with the proceeds, I'd answer that I'd be okay with it.

@Fraserja - I filled out the questionnaire honestly but don't feel it necessarily captures the tension between finance and tradition.

I answered that I call it Dean Court and I like it being called Dean Court and that having it's traditional name makes the club feel closer to the fanbase. So it's going to look like I'm totally against ground sponsorship.

If you asked if calling it the Vitality meant we signed an extra new player every two or three seasons with the proceeds, I'd answer that I'd be okay with it.

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, good luck with your dissertation and your degree Fraserja - hope you're enjoying it. I taught A level human geography through most of my career so it's good to see you flying the flag.

As you can see, the nature of university dissertations and indeed human geography isn't always widely understood - but make the most of your education and you'll always be able to help others along the way :)

I have completed this also.

I did get stuck on one question that gave one answer option as "Not impotant" - I thought..."how honest should I be here?" ;) (and yes, I know it's spelled differently)

I have seen a number of these questionnaires and this was far better than most, so well done. I liked the opportunity to enter free form answers. I hope you are able to pick out some relevant themes from them.

;