Questions after last night

AFCBade

UTC Legend
Without straying into mark Molesley level of abstract questioning, 3 questions did spring into mind last night re 21/22 season so far:

1. how many times do we go 2-0 up and then sit back to set up a tense finish?
2. How many times in question 1 has Phil-bill missed a simple chance to make it 3-0?
3. How many times have we scored after Jaidon Anthony has won back possession

I don’t have the answers (more of a rhetorical musing) but answers on a postcard welcome…

Last edited:
Without straying into mark Molesley level of abstract questioning, 3 questions did spring into mind last night re 21/22 season so far:

2. How many times in question 1 has Phil-bill missed a simple chance to make it 3-0?
3. How many times have we scored after Jamison Anthony has won back possession

I don’t have the answers (more of a rhetorical musing) but answers on a postcard welcome…
I don't think it's as simple as we sit back, in the second half brum changed up there tactics a bit and caught us off guard.
I don't think the billing header was a simple chance he done well and was unlucky in my opinion.

I think the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half set the tone....Jeff forgot we changed ends and started passing backwards when he had acres in front of him...this seemed to set the tone for Cantwell to be taken off as the ball was not going forwards

My question after last night is how soon will it be until our defenders look to pick out Cantwells excellent forward runs?

Exactly this. They are so used to playing sideways and back that it seems no one thinks to look for a run. There were excellent runs from him time and time again.

Most promising for me was Cantwell’s desire to get on the ball, make forward runs and passes. Frustrating was the number of times some decided to play safer passes. In the 1st half there were more forward runs and passes, which is promising for future games. When we do sit deep, often in the latter stages of games, why do we not close down the wide areas and allow crosses into the box. We sit off and crowd our own 18 yard line.

I don't think it's as simple as we sit back, in the second half brum changed up there tactics a bit and caught us off guard.
I don't think the billing header was a simple chance he done well and was unlucky in my opinion.

Maybe there is a trend we dont respond quickly enough to opposition tactics changing . Luton and hull did the same

I think Brum came out strongly. We tried but our passing was a bit off... Not intentional.

Maybe there is a trend we dont respond quickly enough to opposition tactics changing . Luton and hull did the same
exactly that it seems our players sometimes are a bit nieve in thinking the opposition will play the exact same way both half's and we're almost confused when they change things and like you say we don't respond

Whats happened to TopFarrier? Hope he's ok.
I'm fine thanks Rob...:).....just basking in the afterglow of that excellent 15 minute spell last night where we looked like a very good team.....pity about the rubbish either side of it but hey....15 minutes is better than nothing!.....:grinning:

I'm fine thanks Rob...:).....just basking in the afterglow of that excellent 15 minute spell last night where we looked like a very good team.....pity about the rubbish either side of it but hey....15 minutes is better than nothing!.....:grinning:
Perhaps you should have started a couple of threads about it so we would know that you were ok. ;-)

3. How many times have we scored after Jaidon Anthony has won back possession

We didn't sit back at all, like you said we nearly went 3 up. That was a brilliant effort and performance from start to finish.
Even the subs were excellent; Dembele (dribbling the ball from one end of the pitch to the other), Kieffer Moore (holding up play and tidy passing, good movement) and Lewis Cook (brilliant winning back possession, amazing pace I have never seen from him before, some quality balls played from him)

;