Radu

Appears to be a great signing for the position of goalkeeper.

We do appear to be assembling a very good squad.

Brooksy is almost a new signing, then there's of course Kerkez, Kluivert etc.

But we need a few more, I'm sure they will come.

No good playing champagne football with a beer budget attack.

3 signing required.... a right back, a central midfielder to replace Cook and a striker.

If we head into this season with L Cook as a contender for a nailed on starting position we may as well have kept O'Neil.

Ariola needs to be backed by the board with a competent midfield and striker.

Any striker would have to be the kind to fit the Iraola-ball mould, being able to do the high press thing and link up with the midfield as a provider as much as a goalscorer. I thought Solanke would be tailor made for that role, but he struggled against Stains. Hopefully it's just sharpness.

In terms of our budget I don't think our recruitment team will be prioritising a prolific goalscorer.

I am a little baffled by this signing. We have three keepers already, and now we have loaned out one, and brought another in on loan. Is it to provide competition for Neto, or a true backup/cup keeper?

Seems to me like we should be focusing on other areas of the pitch, but what do I know.

I am a little baffled by this signing. We have three keepers already, and now we have loaned out one, and brought another in on loan. Is it to provide competition for Neto, or a true backup/cup keeper?

Seems to me like we should be focusing on other areas of the pitch, but what do I know.

I think the idea is to give Travers the opportunity to play week in week out and see if he can push on from there, backfilling with someone who can potentially compete with Neto or, failing that, be an OK number two.

Last edited:
I think the idea is to give Travers the opportunity to play week in week out and see if he can push on from there, backfilling with someone who can potentially compete with Neto or, failing that, be an OK number two.

Exactly. As long as it's a roughly revenue neutral deal then we're winning out of the arrangement. Get a chance to take a closer look at another keeper whilst Travers gets a chance to develop further with another full seasons as a number one in the Championship.

I wouldn't have made it a priority deal, but things don't necessarily come together in order of important. After January, I have a lot of trust in the club to bring in players for the other positions where we're short before the window shuts.

Spot the typo in the scouting report - or at least I hope it is a typo!

COMFORTABLE ON THE BALL

Our newest goalkeeper has shown a capability to perform with the ball at his feet, showing an ability to adapt to the team’s needs.

According to stats website Fbref.com, Radu has only misplaced one short pass in his entire career, completing 99.6% of his attempted passes between five and 15 yards.

He's shown a similar ability on passes attempted between 15 and 30 yards in length, picking out an opponent on 98.6% of occasions.

This highlights how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet and how he’ll likely be able to fit into Andoni Iraola’s system when called upon.

Assuming Travs requested to go for game time. Dennis and Plain not ready for first team yet, so we needed another keeper. Also, Neto has his weaknesses and good to have very capable back up to keep Neto on his toes and give us another option in case his form slips or he gets injured.

Spot the typo in the scouting report - or at least I hope it is a typo!

COMFORTABLE ON THE BALL

Our newest goalkeeper has shown a capability to perform with the ball at his feet, showing an ability to adapt to the team’s needs.

According to stats website Fbref.com, Radu has only misplaced one short pass in his entire career, completing 99.6% of his attempted passes between five and 15 yards.

He's shown a similar ability on passes attempted between 15 and 30 yards in length, picking out an opponent on 98.6% of occasions.

This highlights how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet and how he’ll likely be able to fit into Andoni Iraola’s system when called upon.

Think that video must be his one misplaced pass

;