Rail strike.

Why not, these days Sundays are no different to any other day.
Workers get paid for an 40 hour week. its not 5 to 9 any more.
This is the key point.
Shouldn't be a race to the bottom, but Sundsy being special is long gone, unless you're getting paid extra. In reality, some probably prefer to work Sunday that other days as its quite, and they can do more on Saturdays if not working, like watch the footie!

I'm currently working a lot with refuse collectors and Street cleaning contracts. Amazing how many of them all get overtime for weekend work, despite same work happening every weekend, and nobody has got around to transforming to a 7 day work cycle.

So more strikes in November . Thankfully I haven't used a train for over 7 or 8 years. Haven't got time for anyone who thinks striking is a good course of action. If youre not happy with your job pay and conditions then go and get another f@cking job. Same with the Royal mail Herbert's Ive seen the last few weeks holding their placards up.RM looking to cut millions of jobs and they're out on strike. Id be head down ar£e up trying to keep mine. Some of these f@ckers ought to try running their own business where the hours are long, seven days a week and earnings unpredictable.
Get back to work you lazy f@ckers! Oh and if those climate change morons won't come off the QE2 bridge then just shoot them down so everyone can get on.

So more strikes in November . Thankfully I haven't used a train for over 7 or 8 years. Haven't got time for anyone who thinks striking is a good course of action. If youre not happy with your job pay and conditions then go and get another f@cking job. Same with the Royal mail Herbert's Ive seen the last few weeks holding their placards up.RM looking to cut millions of jobs and they're out on strike. Id be head down ar£e up trying to keep mine. Some of these f@ckers ought to try running their own business where the hours are long, seven days a week and earnings unpredictable.
Get back to work you lazy f@ckers! Oh and if those climate change morons won't come off the QE2 bridge then just shoot them down so everyone can get on.

What a delightful person with a wonderful outlook on life you have.

You'd make an excellent Tory MP with those views.

I think anyone who wants to hold a firm view on his should at least delve into the facts. I did and changed my views from anti to pro strikes. Half the story, related by a biased media and reinforced by Politicians is not sufficient to hold an accurate - or balanced view. Divide and conquer seems to fit the narrative. The RCN of all people were recommending strike action last I heard (don’t know where that’s at currently). Our Country has lost its humanity in many ways and I loathe the expression ‘grateful to have a job’. Who the hell earns the taxes or lines the pockets of our growing lists of billionaires ? It’s not the Great Depression - work is plentiful and perhaps Companies need to be ‘grateful’ they have workers ???

How will the striking barristers be replaced when they leave for better paid jobs?
How long will it take to train up the replacement train drivers and who will be able to train them?

Running a business isnt a licence to print money, being your own boss is a hard choice. Should struggling business owners be advised to sell up and start up a more profitable line of business? Failed business means less income to councils if premises remain empty and the town centres decline.

Running a business isnt a licence to print money, being your own boss is a hard choice. Should struggling business owners be advised to sell up and start up a more profitable line of business? Failed business means less income to councils if premises remain empty and the town centres decline.
What on earth are you talking about. So a struggling business should sell up (if it's struggling then it may not be saleable) and start up a more profitable line of business (so all the expense of establishing a new business as opposed to merely diversifying the existing business, that's smart) and then you mention a sector (retail) as if this is the only sector, which represents just 5% of the business stock. Oh, and town centres are already in decline and have been for a while, and Councils have to take some responsibility for this.

Rail workers in the RMT union are voting on whether to continue strike action for a further six months.
The ballot closes on 15 November and is part of an ongoing dispute over pay, job security and working conditions.
Like I said the new deal hasn't been put to the workers and certainly not rejected.

I think anyone who wants to hold a firm view on his should at least delve into the facts. I did and changed my views from anti to pro strikes. Half the story, related by a biased media and reinforced by Politicians is not sufficient to hold an accurate - or balanced view. Divide and conquer seems to fit the narrative. The RCN of all people were recommending strike action last I heard (don’t know where that’s at currently). Our Country has lost its humanity in many ways and I loathe the expression ‘grateful to have a job’. Who the hell earns the taxes or lines the pockets of our growing lists of billionaires ? It’s not the Great Depression - work is plentiful and perhaps Companies need to be ‘grateful’ they have workers ???
With work plentiful, if someone's not happy with where they work , be it over pay, conditions or hours, then go get another job. Don't stand on the side of a road with a placard moaning

One of the Barristers was on the radio - apparently they were already doing a certain amount of unpaid work - and then when they were asked to more they decided that enough was enough.

;