Reading tickets plea

Over 10,000 seats unsold for this game. I rest my case. Why the actual frak would you not open the rest of the away end when we sold our tickets out with 10 days to spare and you can’t shift home tickets for love nor money? We’ll all be weeping into our programmes when they go into administration, forgetting the fact they are run by inept muppets.

Over 10,000 seats unsold for this game. I rest my case. Why the actual frak would you not open the rest of the away end when we sold our tickets out with 10 days to spare and you can’t shift home tickets for love nor money? We’ll all be weeping into our programmes when they go into administration, forgetting the fact they are run by inept muppets.
There is no ‘rest of the away end’ to open. That whole end is now split in two.
It makes no commercial sense, but Reading probably don’t have the final say.

There is no ‘rest of the away end’ to open. That whole end is now split in two.
It makes no commercial sense, but Reading probably don’t have the final say.
Who decided to split the whole end into two such that you can’t sell an extra 2,000 tickets if there’s the demand (not saying we would have shifted that many, but the big clubs would in the cup or if Reading ever went up)? Who has the final say if not Reading?

Who decided to split the whole end into two such that you can’t sell an extra 2,000 tickets if there’s the demand (not saying we would have shifted that many, but the big clubs would in the cup or if Reading ever went up)? Who has the final say if not Reading?

They started an 1871 club to improve the home atmosphere. Reducing the away capacity was very deliberate as far as I'm aware. Tbf they don't owe us or anyone else more tickets - up to them.

They started an 1871 club to improve the home atmosphere. Reducing the away capacity was very deliberate as far as I'm aware. Tbf they don't owe us or anyone else more tickets - up to them.
I’m sure the atmosphere was improved no end by filling only half their seats. Their choice as you say. If they’ve got the money to throw away and are happy to turn paying customers away, fair enough. But the claims they (a) couldn’t have opened the rest of that end to us and (b) they wouldn’t have made more money by doing so don’t make sense to me.

The Police will have a big say on it.
If the Police are happy, it doesn’t make any sense to turn people away willing to pay to sit in a half full stadium.

I’m sure the atmosphere was improved no end by filling only half their seats. Their choice as you say. If they’ve got the money to throw away and are happy to turn paying customers away, fair enough. But the claims they (a) couldn’t have opened the rest of that end to us and (b) they wouldn’t have made more money by doing so don’t make sense to me.

Who's claimed that?

I think you'd have a completely different perspective if you were a reading fan. My attitude would be 'f*ck em' why give away teams the advantage of more fans.

Who's claimed that?

I think you'd have a completely different perspective if you were a reading fan. My attitude would be 'f*ck em' why give away teams the advantage of more fans.
You clearly have a head for business……not.

I fail to see how that attitude stops them breaking FFP, and then getting a points deduction.

Great advantage they’ve gained there.

You clearly have a head for business……not.

I fail to see how that attitude stops them breaking FFP, and then getting a points deduction.

Great advantage they’ve gained there.

I clearly said it as a fan. If I ran their club of try and work out whether the huge away end was affecting results and therefore profits.

There has to be a line. If you ran things according to the bean counters you'd give half your ground over to away fans and jack the prices up for home fans. I'm sure they've thought of these things.

I clearly said it as a fan. If I ran their club of try and work out whether the huge away end was affecting results and therefore profits.

There has to be a line. If you ran things according to the bean counters you'd give half your ground over to away fans and jack the prices up for home fans. I'm sure they've thought of these things.
I don’t know what they’re thinking to be honest. I know I paid £25 for an adult and a youth ticket and I probably would have paid double that if that was the asking price.
The club seems poorly run from a commercial perspective.

I don’t know what they’re thinking to be honest. I know I paid £25 for an adult and a youth ticket and I probably would have paid double that if that was the asking price.
The club seems poorly run from a commercial perspective.

They're not allowed to charge more than home fans in the same stand. League rules.

They had a poor home record when they let 4000 away fans out sing them. They also didn’t have an end to attack as their main fans go to the long stand to our right. They’ve denied themselves £40k seven or eight times a season but if they play better then that could be worth a lot more. Difficult decision but I can see why they did it.

Who's claimed that?

No I wouldn’t. If/when we are back in the third tier, where we’ve been for the vast majority of my time as a fan, and we are attracting 5-6k fans, I’ll be delighted if whoever is in charge does whatever they can to shift as many seats as possible. Beats chucking coppers in the buckets… Do you remember those days? If selling more away seats deprives home fans, then absolutely don’t do it. If the ‘home fans’ have lost all interest and are sitting at home watching Strictly coz their team aren’t playing well, then shift the seats however you can to whoever you can. I’ll happily have a few hundred extra away fans… and have a club

No I wouldn’t. If/when we are back in the third tier, where we’ve been for the vast majority of my time as a fan, and we are attracting 5-6k fans, I’ll be delighted if whoever is in charge does whatever they can to shift as many seats as possible. Beats chucking coppers in the buckets… Do you remember those days? If selling more away seats deprives home fans, then absolutely don’t do it. If the ‘home fans’ have lost all interest and are sitting at home watching Strictly coz their team aren’t playing well, then shift the seats however you can to whoever you can. I’ll happily have a few hundred extra away fans… and have a club

Yeah I remember those days, I got moved to accommodate Brentford supporters and it pissed me off. I don't support the balance sheet I support the football club and don't want half the ground given to away fans just because they could sell the tickets. The club is there for the supporters not to maximise revenue.

Then don’t split the stand in half.

I don't know the precise rules but I'm fairly sure the rules prevent ripping off away fans by charging them more for the same parts of the ground, therefore you couldn't charge home fans £25 behind one goal and away fans £38 behind the other if the stands are the same quality.

I don't know the precise rules but I'm fairly sure the rules prevent ripping off away fans by charging them more for the same parts of the ground, therefore you couldn't charge home fans £25 behind one goal and away fans £38 behind the other if the stands are the same quality.
At DC the East stand is cheaper than the main stand. So, your theory isn’t stacking up at the moment.

At DC the East stand is cheaper than the main stand. So, your theory isn’t stacking up at the moment.

Only the executive seats. Plus the centre of the east is more expensive than the outer east, the point is you have to charge the away fans the same as the home fans. So they are charged the same as the outer east home fans.

Only the executive seats. Plus the centre of the east is more expensive than the outer east, the point is you have to charge the away fans the same as the home fans. So they are charged the same as the outer east home fans.
Main stand outer is more expensive than east stand outer. Opposite stands of the same quality.

;