Realistic remaining points....

I don't think you can predict results accurately. Look at last week how many people had Watford winning 3-0 against Liverpool? You can't say how teams will perform on the day.

Three wins and two draws might do it now.
I actually think we could beat Wolves away,they looked massively average against Brighton yesterday.
After seeing how we played against Liverpool,im not really fearful of any team from now on,even Citeh are looking a shadow of the side they were.
I really think Brighton are looking like getting dragged right into it.
The biggest blow for us is the injury to S Cook,i never thought i woukd want Franno back in the side,i just think Simpson is horrendous .

Three wins and two draws might do it now.
I actually think we could beat Wolves away,they looked massively average against Brighton yesterday.
After seeing how we played against Liverpool,im not really fearful of any team from now on,even Citeh are looking a shadow of the side they were.
I really think Brighton are looking like getting dragged right into it.
The biggest blow for us is the injury to S Cook,i never thought i woukd want Franno back in the side,i just think Simpson is horrendous .

To be honest, I have tried to stay positive, but if we lose to Palace, I am ready to throw in the towel.

I think your +1 point will be needed to counter we won't get anything from Everton away... Awful last game of the season for us...

The way things are panning out Everton will have nothing to play for in that game, and Ancelotti will have lost patience with much of his first team squad. We will rarely have had such a good chance to win at Goodison Park.

Last edited:
Can’t seeing many of us throwing in the towel until relegation is mathematically confirmed. However, our wretched away form means wins at home are now essential to have any chance.

Posted this way back in January when things were normal. Worked out we would probably finish on 36 points which would be border line staying up. We were 1 point ahead of my thoughts on what we would get from games before the season came to a halt. Even with a dodgy 4 game spell in the middle of 0 points from 12 (could get something v Leicester?) it’s certainly going to be a nerve wracking end to the season.

————-

No one gets relegated from the premier league in January...possibly Derby did one season but I digress. Yes we are on a horrific run, yes we can’t score, yes we can’t defend, yes it’s a massive up uphill struggle, yes key players are injured BUT and it’s a big but If we rack up these points we can get to around the 36 point mark, Chuck in a couple of surprise results with King, Danjuma and Brooks returning and maybe the odd signing life doesn’t seem quite so bad now does it...?!

ok I’ll shut up.

H Brighton 1 (3) +2
H Aston Villa 3 (3) +2
A sheff Utd 0 (0) +2
A Burnley 1 (0) +1
H Chelsea 1 (1) +1
A Liverpool 0 (0) +1

H Crystal Palace 3
A Wolves 0
H Newcastle 3
A Man Utd 0
H Tottenham 0
H Leicester 0
A Man City 0
H Southampton 3
A Everton 1

Last edited:
My feeling is that none of the managers of the bottom six clubs could prepare their squads for the restart as well as Eddie. For that reason, apart from the difficult fixtures they have, Brighton have to be serious candidates for the drop.

Ever the optimist, I think that we will stay up. But then again, I thought Ibe would be a good signing.

Agree with EtV about Eddies input. Don't forget that he has been there before and understands what is needed. Playing out the season is our best chance of staying up. All our home games are winnable (not saying that we will win them all!) but four home wins and a couple draws in the other five games would get us on 41 points - and surely safety.

H Crystal Palace 1
A Wolves 1
H Newcastle 3
A Man Utd 0
H Tottenham 1
H Leicester 3
A Man City 0
H Southampton 3
A Everton 0

Ever the optimist, although my bum is definitely squeaking

I think its going to be very tight. Completely unknown quantity this restart. Before the virus I thought we could beat Spurs who then were without Kane and Son, they are back now - I am not so confident.
What about Liverpool - they win the title then what, wind down and prepare for next season, blood some youngsters. Mid table sides play out the games but really be planning for next season which will follow very shortly.
then there is VAR..........................................................

I think its going to be very tight. Completely unknown quantity this restart. Before the virus I thought we could beat Spurs who then were without Kane and Son, they are back now - I am not so confident.
What about Liverpool - they win the title then what, wind down and prepare for next season, blood some youngsters. Mid table sides play out the games but really be planning for next season which will follow very shortly.
then there is VAR..........................................................

I’d genuinely forgotten/blacked out VAR from my memory!

A point per game would give us 36 points, I can't see Brighton or Villa getting that amount.

Agree. Brighton seem to be simply trying not to lose. That means that instead of going for three points, they aim at one. That was a tactic that someone called Kevin Bond used so successfully. Potter is out of his depth.

H Crystal Palace 3
A Wolves 0
H Newcastle 3
A Man Utd 0
H Tottenham 1
H Leicester 1
A Man City 0
H Southampton 3
A Everton 1

Should be enough to get us over the line

;