Reasons to be cheerful - part 3

Reasons not to be cheerful

We will eventually lose our best players once bigger clubs come calling.
We will eventually lose Eddie Howe.
We will lose at St Marys.
We have alot of players in the squad that are not PL standard.
We will eventually go back down.
Clubs in lower divisions that are same size or smaller have bigger stadiums than us in the PL.
Smaller clubs like Brentford, Bath City, Southend and AFC Wimbledon are all building bigger capacity stadiums than us and none have the PL money we have or the potential this town has but they have the ambition to be bigger and better.
We own a training ground and aren't even building it.
No ambition, no legacy, poor off field staff and still haunted by past failures to this day.
Looks like it's going to be the memories only. Hope to be proved wrong of course but I doubt it very much.

Spot on. Although you forgot to mention that statistically someone in our family is likely to get cancer at some point, eventually we are all going to die, quality streets are inevitably going to reduce the size of their tubs of chocolates again and we're all likely to have a holiday ruined by bad weather in the next five years (if we're not already dead).

:rofl:

I cant wait for the Love In on here after weve Marmalised poor ol Huddersfield next week to the point where their fans are crying so much they blend in with the nearby River Colne!
The Forum Love In will rival the Flower Power Felicitations and resultant Salacity in Bournemouth Gardens circa Summer of 69!

Last edited:
Bit early to be saying that we will go down next season?....Howe and Max will spend to improve the squad and some players will be moved on. Last summer we added Brooks and Lerma two class players so if we carry on from this we can only get better before we kick a ball in August

If we can finish 10th...that would be a fair reflection of the whole seasons fortunes......but the goals against is the Worry bit!
The 4-0 wins v Watford and Chelsea...show our capability when things go in our favour. It also showed Watford what they needed to improve on! (Now 9 points ahead of us)...and what injuries can do to a campaign!

I always think that if the number of wins added to the number of draws equals or betters the defeats total...that is satisfactory for us. If the defeats total is more( we are now 10-4-15) then that brings us into the worry zone in an average season ( not this season).
We have not had a season yet where our goal difference is positive even when 9th! But in that season we gained points from 22 of the 38 fixtures! ...only 16 defeats!
The more the top clubs get stronger the more difficult it becomes to achieve positive goal difference or more wins than defeats.... this is what confronts Eddie now....however good him and his intentions are!
Boscombe, Palace, Watford and Burnley have shown how to get a win against an off form Elite club....when at their best...but its getting harder and less frequent it seems.

Last edited:
Reading Jeff Lerma’s interview in the Wolves programme it seems he’s decided that his daughter will stay in Spain for her education. How long is his contract ?
Hope he does settle as he’s just what we need to build our new midfield around.

I cant wait for the Love In on here after weve Marmalised poor ol Huddersfield next week to the point where their fans are crying so much they blend in with the nearby River Colne!
The Forum Love In will rival the Flower Power Felicitations and resultant Salacity in Bournemouth Gardens circa Summer of 69!

Flower power felicitations? - I am really glad I was only 6 years old at the time, and missed this! Bleedin' hippies!!

Look at those stats John....how can anyone we we 'in it' up to the final whistle....we're the first side EVER in the PL to register 0 shots at home ....thats what i call embarrassing....not getting beat 5-1.

While a shot would have been nice.....!....I was far more embarrassed to lose 5-1 to Arsenal in the way we did....than lose 1-0 at home to Man City....with their amazing attacking talent....they only had seven shots on target themselves and not many of those were exactly dangerous to Artur were they?

Reasons not to be cheerful

We will eventually lose our best players once bigger clubs come calling.
We will eventually lose Eddie Howe.
We will lose at St Marys.
We have alot of players in the squad that are not PL standard.
We will eventually go back down.
Clubs in lower divisions that are same size or smaller have bigger stadiums than us in the PL.
Smaller clubs like Brentford, Bath City, Southend and AFC Wimbledon are all building bigger capacity stadiums than us and none have the PL money we have or the potential this town has but they have the ambition to be bigger and better.
We own a training ground and aren't even building it.
No ambition, no legacy, poor off field staff and still haunted by past failures to this day.
Looks like it's going to be the memories only. Hope to be proved wrong of course but I doubt it very much.

"We have alot of players in the squad that are not PL standard.".......

While I am sure we all know we still need to keep improving the squad....you are saying that a squad that is in its fourth PL season is full of players who are not of the required standard???

You come across regularly as someone who really doesn't enjoy supporting AFCB. So why do you, exactly?

We have a bunker mentality when it comes to playing the top 6. It is 11 men v 11 men. Palace can beat Man City at home. We need psychological support for these games. It needs a captain to kick butts and gee up the side during the game. We seem to change captain every game. Time to give the role to Ake.

We spent £80 mill on players most of whom are only fit for the Championship. We send Pugh out on loan, and play Ibe. I just don't understand EH.

Once we get through Brexit, I am sure the Board will open up on their future plans, but at the moment all is uncertainty.

We have a bunker mentality when it comes to playing the top 6. It is 11 men v 11 men. Palace can beat Man City at home. We need psychological support for these games. It needs a captain to kick butts and gee up the side during the game. We seem to change captain every game. Time to give the role to Ake.

We spent £80 mill on players most of whom are only fit for the Championship. We send Pugh out on loan, and play Ibe. I just don't understand EH.

Once we get through Brexit, I am sure the Board will open up on their future plans, but at the moment all is uncertainty.

Puzzling post.

Most of whom are only fit for the Championship???? Brooks, Lerma, Mepham??

Pugh is a legend but he isn't PL level now, many on here said the same when he did play. We love him but come on!

And actually, I do think we have a go against most top sides, hence why we get some beatings. This weekend was the first time we have ever properly shut up shop. In the meantime, we beat Chelsea at home and could easily have got at least a point at home to Arsenal and Man U, when we took it to both teams.

;