Reassuringly Tinpot

Wow, newly promoted club adding seats to increase capacity. No excuses either like 'we don't own the ground', 'we're going to build a new stadium anyway', oooh 'It's just too difficult' or 'we're buying a Jordon Ibe instead'.

Didn't we add more seats than Luton via the Ted Mac end upon being promoted to the Championship?

Every ground is different. If Foley, who is literally throwing money at players, a new manager and training facilities says it's not viable then that's probably the case.

Amazing when you see how Luton's ground is so penned in by surrounding houses....compared to the space we have around two sides.
The fact that Luton's geezer seems conscious of not wanting to be the smallest tinpottest ground....so they are straight in on the problem and efforts to get above our capacity are ongoing.

Didn't we add more seats than Luton via the Ted Mac end upon being promoted to the Championship?

Every ground is different. If Foley, who is literally throwing money at players, a new manager and training facilities says it's not viable then that's probably the case.
That was already there plus we lost seats with prem league requirements

That was already there plus we lost seats with prem league requirements

Overall (net) we will have added more capacity in the Championship than they will on promotion to the PL. They've not had to finance any stadium improvements since 2005.

As I say, every ground is different.

They had no choice but to demolish and rebuild the stand as it was the only way they could meet the PL requirements so the building project had to happen. In which case they probably costed in that as part of it including extra seats was viable even with a new stadium coming.

Seems odd that any chairman would be preoccupied by not having the smallest seating capacity. Almost as if he had designed the new stand to give them one more seat than us.

Classic example of Tory PR straight from the playbook. "Look at how many seats we will have" don't look at "Us having to postpone our first Premier Lague home game".
Boris would be proud.

Wow, newly promoted club adding seats to increase capacity. No excuses either like 'we don't own the ground', 'we're going to build a new stadium anyway', oooh 'It's just too difficult' or 'we're buying a Jordon Ibe instead'.
Is it more seats for Luton fans or more seats overall?
I put on another thread that a Luton fan told me the whole Oak Road stand will be for visiting fans next season.

I put on another thread that a Luton fan told me the whole Oak Road stand will be for visiting fans next season.
That was the issue re enlarging red mac stand - as I understood it - we would have to give out more away tickets and this would mean giving the away fans a voice behind the goal

Not sure why they would make it an all Away end. Holds 1,800. Only need to give 1,100 to away supporters unless there is some rule about there needing to be a physical barrier between home and away supporters. If there is then they may choose to provide more away spaces than necessary so as not to lose seats dividing away and home supporters with an excusion zone made up of netting over a column of seats as a divide.

Not sure why they would make it an all Away end. Holds 1,800. Only need to give 1,100 to away supporters unless there is some rule about there needing to be a physical barrier between home and away supporters. If there is then they may choose to provide more away spaces than necessary so as not to lose seats dividing away and home supporters with an excusion zone made up of netting over a column of seats as a divide.

It's probably like the east stand at DC where flexibility is limited by the available toilet facilities.

I think you lose a certain percentage if you opt for unreserved seating. It has been recently, not sure if that’s the plan next season.

;