Record since Week 10

It’s interesting to look at the line ups of those first 9 games.
Phil Bill started all of the first 9 games.
But only maybe 5 of those after that.
( We won 4 of the 5 he started).

Rothwell started or came on as sub in most of the first 9. He featured less and less, making only 5 further substitute appearances before going up the road.

Anthony, Brooks, Moore and Traore also featured sporadically in those early games.

The Cook and Christie combination was used in only 2 or 3 of the first 9 but in most of the games since.

Also, since those first 9 games appearances by players who aren’t part of the current core squad we only saw Brooks and Rothwell make 5 substitute appearances each, and Moore just 3.

AI decided quite quickly that Brooks, Rothwell, Traore, Anthony, Moore weren’t part of his plans making only a total of 13 substitute appearances between them after those first 9 games.

Billing hung on until recently, but the majority of his appearances have been as a substitute, I think 15 times after those first 9.

9 games to assess a squad and decide who to ditch is, I’d say, pretty good.

It’s interesting to look at the line ups of those first 9 games.
Phil Bill started all of the first 9 games.
But only maybe 5 of those after that.
( We won 4 of the 5 he started).

Rothwell started or came on as sub in most of the first 9. He featured less and less, making only 5 further substitute appearances before going up the road.

Anthony, Brooks, Moore and Traore also featured sporadically in those early games.

The Cook and Christie combination was used in only 2 or 3 of the first 9 but in most of the games since.

Also, since those first 9 games appearances by players who aren’t part of the current core squad we only saw Brooks and Rothwell make 5 substitute appearances each, and Moore just 3.

AI decided quite quickly that Brooks, Rothwell, Traore, Anthony, Moore weren’t part of his plans making only a total of 13 substitute appearances between them after those first 9 games.

Billing hung on until recently, but the majority of his appearances have been as a substitute, I think 15 times after those first 9.

9 games to assess a squad and decide who to ditch is, I’d say, pretty good.
Thanks for this. I was just starting to look at the same stuff. I think AI knew Cook was the man for the #6 job based on the pre-season, but Christie was the next piece to fall into place. I think Billing was another key move, he just didn't seem to work, which is a shame for a good player, but where can he play in this system? AI had some decisions to make. some forced through injury, others just through trying to figure this out. Fortunately for us Cook and Christie seem to avoid injury.

I am concerned about losing Solanke, but less concerned than earlier in the season. I think a striker will enjoy playing in this system

;