Ref watch

zigger zaggar

Star Player
I don't normally bother commenting on refs as I generally and genuinely believe they are totally biased towards the bigger clubs and we usually get nothing from them. Today however I felt the ref was the most fair and unbiased that I have seen at Dean Court for a long long while. Five of their players booked to our one (which was harsh on Kerkez) showed he wasn't in Chelsea's pay. He even played advantage for us when one of our players was fouled during an attack in the first half. To counter that though I feel he should've given Gallagher a yellow for his petulant kicking away of the ball after giving away a foul that happened more than once.
Can we have him every week?

I don't normally bother commenting on refs as I generally and genuinely believe they are totally biased towards the bigger clubs and we usually get nothing from them. Today however I felt the ref was the most fair and unbiased that I have seen at Dean Court for a long long while. Five of their players booked to our one (which was harsh on Kerkez) showed he wasn't in Chelsea's pay. He even played advantage for us when one of our players was fouled during an attack in the first half. To counter that though I feel he should've given Gallagher a yellow for his petulant kicking away of the ball after giving away a foul that happened on more than once.
The referee’s have certainly been letting the more robust challenges go this season and I’m a fan of it. They’re still going for the more petulant things though, and that’s easy.
But, it’s not a job I would want to do.

I agree, and I thought at the time it was because he was live on Sky. Thinking about it now, the ref at Brentford was reasonably good as well. So maybe there has been some improvement under Howard Webb.

I agree, and I thought at the time it was because he was live on Sky. Thinking about it now, the ref at Brentford was reasonably good as well. So maybe there has been some improvement under Howard Webb.
I think Howard Webb genuinely wants to improve things. This won’t happen overnight, but let’s judge it at the end of the season.

I don't normally bother commenting on refs as I generally and genuinely believe they are totally biased towards the bigger clubs and we usually get nothing from them. Today however I felt the ref was the most fair and unbiased that I have seen at Dean Court for a long long while. Five of their players booked to our one (which was harsh on Kerkez) showed he wasn't in Chelsea's pay. He even played advantage for us when one of our players was fouled during an attack in the first half. To counter that though I feel he should've given Gallagher a yellow for his petulant kicking away of the ball after giving away a foul that happened more than once.

David Coote was the referee and agreed he was a good referee yesterday.

We have had our moments with him though, remember that home game against Coventry City in the Championship in November 2021?

I was going to post something similar.

The first game in a long time where at 0-0 against a "big club" I wasn't expecting some awful fabricated decision to go against us to help the "big club" to victory. I mean, he booked Sterling in the first few minutes, so clearly wasn't going to be in awe of anybody's reputation.

We always complain when we get a shocker of a ref, so it's only fair to praise one who has a good game. I thought he was even-handed and tried to let the game flow. Well done Mr Coote. I hope your esteemed colleagues take note and now try to emulate you !

Jimnnina is going to be upset when he/she sees this PGMOL fanboy thread.
I know you're just being your usual obtuse self Del but I feel that we are all too willing to criticise refs when they are bad or seemingly biased against us so for balance it is only right that we praise a good unbiased performance.
Do you agree?

Anyone know why it was "play on" when Billing was off the pitch injured and needing treatment, but it wasn't the same when it happened to a Chelsea player?

I know you're just being your usual obtuse self Del but I feel that we are all too willing to criticise refs when they are bad or seemingly biased against us so for balance it is only right that we praise a good unbiased performance.
Do you agree?

Yes I agree. This was a joke about Jim's obsession with the PGMOL if that's ok with you.

Do you agree?
The fact that fans feel the need to point out an official doing the job they are paid to do shoes how fans expectations have been managed down by the pgmol apologists.
The ref seemed to take time before making his decisions rather than reacting to the usual falling down and rolling around.
Interesting to see if he is praised by Howard Webb and rewarded with big club matches.

Generally had a good match but could have been tougher on the kicking the ball away nonsense and Enzo clutching his face A LOT.

I agree a game should be stopped for head injuries but if it is a head injury get the physio on straight away and have the player underg some sort of test before coming back on. How many times was there a genuine head injury v how many times did the game get stopped for a head injury ?

Players know they can break up a game by holding their head even if they have twised their ankle.

Generally had a good match but could have been tougher on the kicking the ball away nonsense and Enzo clutching his face A LOT.

I agree a game should be stopped for head injuries but if it is a head injury get the physio on straight away and have the player underg some sort of test before coming back on. How many times was there a genuine head injury v how many times did the game get stopped for a head injury ?

Players know they can break up a game by holding their head even if they have twised their ankle.
It isn't just kicking the ball away. Every time they conceded a free kick they would pick the ball up and walk away with it. Spurs used to do this when Pochettino was their boss. Son was trying to pick the ball up when he tangled with Lerma and got sent off. It isn't their free kick, they shouldn't touch the ball - Refs need to put a stop to this.

It’s interesting you say he didn’t book a player for time wasting as this guy was the one criticised by Arsenal for sending off their player in a recent game so maybe was being extra cautious.

I guess that is the trouble - they can be inconsistent and maybe are easily influenced?

;