Referee - You're abysmal

cockbeard

Fans' Favourite
So we all know we don't get the run if the green, and if key decisions had been made correctly it seems we would have finished comfortably top half. I notice that Man Utd would slip two places because the big teams get the decisions. Anyway might be interesting in this 'football perineum'

https://theref.online/the-true-table/

There's a drop down so you can check what actual results they changed and why

"All evens out over the course of the season" :throw:

In all honesty though hasn't it been about three positions on average since we entered the EPL? At a cost of £2M a position.

That's 3 seasons at £6M a season so about £18M lost to our rivals because of referee bias.

Newcastle slip 5, even Swansea and Huddersfield slip 1. I'm not sure it's as simple as big team bias.

Using the league position is a little unfair, a better (but not perfect) measure is the points swing. Hudderfield slip one position without a single result change and Swansea only drop one point.

Most gifted:
Man Utd 8
Newcastle 5
Everton 4
Chelsea 2

Most penalised:
Bournemouth -3
Crystal Palace -4
Brighton -4
Arsenal -5

Obviously teams who win and lose by shorter margins feel a greater influence on this, although theoretically they should average out if there was no bias.

If we had Man Utd's bias we would've finished above Burnley, albeit unfairly.

Love to hear the pundits say it evens out over a season, it so obviously doesnt. The big 6 and the big name players are overly protected by referees. The standard of refereeing is so inconsistent the FA need to have a really hard look at some of their personnel. The 'best' league in the world has no representation at the worlds biggest tournament. Embarrassing and the FA should hold its head in shame. It wont though of course because the big 6 continue to put millions into the FA coffers and keep the FA money rich. Sod the little clubs, they're only there to be beaten by the top clubs and the refs will always help them acheive their goal. So be it, its frustrating but being in PL has brought millions into our club and we now have the opportunity to create a legacy for this club.

The same clattenburg who issued 3 yellow cards to the same player in a major tournament. Hardly a ringing endorsement. All said and done , there was no one else who we could put forward, even as a linesman or 4th official.

It's okay sweeties, facts are sometimes hard to digest. Please go back to covering your eyes and ears and maintain your "#respect" fantasy.
That might be quite funny if only I had an idea of what you're on about!

Al is the only one who has facts on here. Just because you've read it in an article doesn't make it a fact.

xx

I like this kind of stuff because although football is an easy game. ie score more than the opposition to win, stats and ratings and this kind of stuff add context and discussion points for those that want to. It's not for everyone

this thread is too pathetic to invest time in reading properly
That might be quite funny if only I had an idea of what you're on about!

Al is the only one who has facts on here. Just because you've read it in an article doesn't make it a fact.

xx

Reading the article is more than you or Wellsworth was willing to do. Take a look at the breakdown of decisions and their impact, you might quibble over the minutia but the logic is sound.

That you wouldn't read the thread let alone look at the evidence speaks volumes about the PGMOL happy clappers.

The same clattenburg who issued 3 yellow cards to the same player in a major tournament. Hardly a ringing endorsement. All said and done , there was no one else who we could put forward, even as a linesman or 4th official.

That wasn't Clattenburg, it was Graeme Poll. Clattenburg's team was nominated but by the time he resigned, it was too late. The FIFA shortlist was drawn in 2016 and the FA tried to replace him but FIFA rejected it since the list was already done. The FA did not cock up as much as you seem to want to blame them.

Yeah, hands up I got that wrong, it was graham poll. Blame the FA? Yep, i'm happy to blame them over the general poor standard of refereeing over the 4 leagues. Who would you blame?

The standard of performance buck stops with the self regulating pgmol, its what the organisation is generously rewarded to do.

;