Relegation Recruitment

Honestly would probably be unpopular, but Walcott. He got in behind us a couple of times and with Solanke always getting on the ball deep, I think they'd work well together.

Jack Harrison
Harvey Barnes
Jack Stephens
Nico Williams

Are we including players from abroad? I'd say Nico WIlliams at A Bilbao is unrealistic though, as he's played several times for Spain now ;)

(sorry I know you meant Neco ;))

For me it’s a definite no to Jack Stephens, he did a very respectable job for us this season and helped to galvanise the team at a time when we needed it. But I don’t think he is a signing for the longer term and I actually think in terms of his ability that he is pretty much a slightly inferior version of Mepham.

Seen a few mention the likes of Lavia, Barnes and KWP. Nice thought but these just aren’t realistic, regardless of how much money we have to splash these guys just won’t be coming here at this point. We saw in January that splashing money doesn’t necessarily work if there are clubs higher up the food chain involved. Lavia will end up at a top club and KWP likely at a Villa/Newcastle type.

In terms of realistic signings, and I’m making the assumption that it’s going to be Saints, Leeds and Everton:

-Patrick Bamford: know he’s not particularly well liked on here but he is a very gifted centre forward who has a very strong all round game both physically and technically. A front two of him and Dom could be very fruitful potentially. Only issue is his age, one year off of being 30.

-Che Adams: again, not a very popular shout, but I feel like he is a forward with a lot of potential who hasn’t been able to realise this at Saints. Quick, strong and a good natural finisher.

-Mason Holgate: a player we are widely publicised to have been interested in before. Had a poor season this year for Everton, but you don’t become a bad player over night and he has all of the attributes to be a very reliable squad option.

-Jack Harrison: this would be the big one for me, although I think there would be a lot of competition so this one may be verging on being unrealistic. Nearly joined Leicester for £20m in Jan. A guaranteed source of goals and assists, you simply won’t find a player with his quality and guaranteed output at PL level for that price. This one would be the dream.

For me it’s a definite no to Jack Stephens, he did a very respectable job for us this season and helped to galvanise the team at a time when we needed it. But I don’t think he is a signing for the longer term and I actually think in terms of his ability that he is pretty much a slightly inferior version of Mepham.

Seen a few mention the likes of Lavia, Barnes and KWP. Nice thought but these just aren’t realistic, regardless of how much money we have to splash these guys just won’t be coming here at this point. We saw in January that splashing money doesn’t necessarily work if there are clubs higher up the food chain involved. Lavia will end up at a top club and KWP likely at a Villa/Newcastle type.

In terms of realistic signings, and I’m making the assumption that it’s going to be Saints, Leeds and Everton:

-Patrick Bamford: know he’s not particularly well liked on here but he is a very gifted centre forward who has a very strong all round game both physically and technically. A front two of him and Dom could be very fruitful potentially. Only issue is his age, one year off of being 30.

-Che Adams: again, not a very popular shout, but I feel like he is a forward with a lot of potential who hasn’t been able to realise this at Saints. Quick, strong and a good natural finisher.

-Mason Holgate: a player we are widely publicised to have been interested in before. Had a poor season this year for Everton, but you don’t become a bad player over night and he has all of the attributes to be a very reliable squad option.

-Jack Harrison: this would be the big one for me, although I think there would be a lot of competition so this one may be verging on being unrealistic. Nearly joined Leicester for £20m in Jan. A guaranteed source of goals and assists, you simply won’t find a player with his quality and guaranteed output at PL level for that price. This one would be the dream.

agree re jack stephens

;