RIP Sean Connery

Watch Goldfinger and take a shot everytime Bond does something they couldnt get away with in current cinema. You will be very drunk by about 15 mins in.... by the time he "forces himself" on Pussy and turns her you'll be dead.
Agree, and that's true of so many things in these times. A lot of behaviour that was not very nice was nevertheless acceptable ..... whether it was mysogeny, ethnicism, drink driving ....... long list. Am not suggesting that any of these are OK today, but I find it irritating when people try to apply today's lenses to what happened 50+ years ago.

Watch Goldfinger and take a shot everytime Bond does something they couldnt get away with in current cinema. You will be very drunk by about 15 mins in.... by the time he "forces himself" on Pussy and turns her you'll be dead.

I read some of the books again a couple of years back and some of the "man talk", which today would be called casual mysogeny, was quite startling. Different times, different mores

Sean Connery walks into a bar and takes a seat next to a very attractive woman. He gives her a quick glance, and then casually looks at his watch for a moment. The woman notices this and asks, "Is your date running late?"

"No," he replies, "Q has just given me this state-of-the-art watch. I was just testing it."

The intrigued woman says, "A state-of-the-art watch? What's so special about it?"

Connery explains, "It uses alpha waves to talk to me telepathically."

The lady says, "What's it telling you now?"

"Well, it says you're not wearing any panties."

The woman giggles and replies, "Well it must be broken because I'm wearing panties!"

Connery smirks, taps his watch and says, "Bloody thing's an hour fast."

Legend. RIP

Ian Fleming negotiated three months’ leave from his day job as a journalist each year. He spent that time at his villa on the coast of Jamaica, writing a James Bond book.

I’ve always thought that was the ideal lifestyle.

Ian Fleming negotiated three months’ leave from his day job as a journalist each year. He spent that time at his villa on the coast of Jamaica, writing a James Bond book.

I’ve always thought that was the ideal lifestyle.

wasn;t ian fleming a misogynist, playing his ideal life through bond, or something like that I can recall hearing.

Funny with the passing time, even parts of Summer Holiday when they were trying to get the girls in the bus were a bit predatory :unsure: (By the way...Una Stubbs - wow!)

Anyway, Sir Roger will always be my favourite Bond. Can't imagine him condoning a slap. He was a lover, not a fighter :thumbup:

Funny with the passing time, even parts of Summer Holiday when they were trying to get the girls in the bus were a bit predatory :unsure: (By the way...Una Stubbs - wow!)

Anyway, Sir Roger will always be my favourite Bond. Can't imagine him condoning a slap. He was a lover, not a fighter :thumbup:

yeah, being a child of the 80's Roger is my favourite too.

I know Bond film's tend to follow same formula, but something about Roger Moore's humour gave them another angle for me, Connery ones just got a bit boring after a couple.

yeah, being a child of the 80's Roger is my favourite too.

I know Bond film's tend to follow same formula, but something about Roger Moore's humour gave them another angle for me, Connery ones just got a bit boring after a couple.

Agreed, definitely a bit biased and Brosnan was a bit more serious and that was cool too. They’re probably my top two.

Anyway that’s as Partridge as I go.

wasn;t ian fleming a misogynist, playing his ideal life through bond, or something like that I can recall hearing.

He also wrote Chitty chitty bang bang for his son.What that says about him don't know,but there it is,how do you reconcile one image with the other?

;