Rob Murray on Premier League commercial stuff in the Argus

giveittoted

First Team
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15277188.__30_000_per_minute_for_pitch_advertising____the_staggering_commercial_benefits_open_to_Albion_in_the_Premier_League/

Something from Eddie tomorrow

I guess this one is our commercial director Rob Mitchell, but Rob Murray, our impossibly good looking right wing back who went over to do coerver schools in America for a while. Thinking about it. We had some great youngsters back then

Hahaha, it's ok, he's back

That is to say, I saw hin around town a couple if years back often in current afcb garb, I guess working age groups in the youth system, but no actual idea. Used to run around with Stuart Kerr (?, Scottish goalie, might have his name wrong)

Rob Murray, the one with the massive tattoo on his back. Equally good as CB or STR, a Championship Manager's dream, back in the day.

Glad it's not just me that remembers him as a striker converted to a centreback!

Remember playing Ipswich away in the Coca-Cola cup (or whatever name it went by then) lost 2or3-1 (Ian Marshall scored a cracker) but I largely remember it as Machin was experimenting with Murray and Owen Coll being encouraged to play the ball out from the back - terrifying to watch as Murray especially wasn't what you might consider a cultured defender!

LewSwimmin - 12/5/2017 20:03

CherryBare - 12/5/2017 18:54

Blimey £30k a minute to advertise!

That figure can't be right - it would amount to nearly £60million over the season.

It won't be a blanket figure. Every club will have a different price per minute. There's no way we could command the same figure as a club like Man Ure.

Rob Murray...
Wasn't he our Scottish under 21 who won 1 cap after scoring a brace in 1 league match. He didn't set the world on fire but did a job for us for back in those dark days.
I remember a cringeworthy interview on south today when they asked him to explain some Scottish phrases. I don't think he'd ever been there!

LewSwimmin - 12/5/2017 23:03

CherryBare - 12/5/2017 18:54

Blimey £30k a minute to advertise!

That figure can't be right - it would amount to nearly £60million over the season.

Remember loads of time is the PL enforced ads, like the Vitality one and the PL logo.

;