Romain Faivre

I agree I don't like the multi club thing - but if you put that aside, it is not really any different from Lorient's point of view to our loaning in players from other clubs over the years such as Defoe, Ferdinand etc.

Did you not like it then because we were just "a training ground for players" ?

Additionally, players are never really "ours" they're just on contract to play for us for a period of time after which they can go where they like.

If this wasn't "multi-club" it would still be a great deal for both parties assuming Lorient is paying their way.

Pretty sure few Cherries would've had an issue with Defoe extending his initial loan another season and wouldn't give a crap which club he went to at the end of it.

Regardless Foley doesn't control Lorient so they were entirely free to reject the offer.
He would have a major influence.

The deal to buy Faivre wouldn't have been completed unless the terms had already been.

Otherwise he'd be in England next season, not France.

He would have a major influence.

The deal to buy Faivre wouldn't have been completed unless the terms had already been.

Otherwise he'd be in England next season, not France.

Influence isn't the same as control.

No doubt the links between our clubs and the opportunity for both to benefit made this far more likely than a similar deal with an unaffiliated club but without the owner of Lorient agreeing it simply wouldn't happen.

I agree I don't like the multi club thing - but if you put that aside, it is not really any different from Lorient's point of view to our loaning in players from other clubs over the years such as Defoe, Ferdinand etc.

Did you not like it then because we were just "a training ground for players" ?
You'll have to remind me which West Ham Director had shares in AFCB.

The mutli-club model affects other clubs outside. It allows us (or Chelsea or whoever) even more opportunity to hoover up talent. You may love the idea, but its not something I'm sold on. I see it to the detriment of football as a whole.

One hell of a lot of mental gymnastics going on to hate on Foley for having a minority share in another club.

This is an article on how our loanees are getting on, but read the bit in part two on the player at Lorient.

It should be noted that Romain Faivre is supposed to be one of the leaders of the Lorient attack, because the players around him are very young and lack experience in Ligue 1.

He had a very good start to the season (the first six games), where he was influential in the game, inspired, decisive. He therefore lived up to the expectations placed on him.
But for the past month, it's been very complicated. He's no longer decisive, his game lacks ‘madness’, he doesn't create any differences with the ball at his feet.

He's a shadow of his former self, and if the Lorient attack is struggling today, his performances are no stranger to it (even if he's not the only one responsible obviously). So to sum up, six very interesting matches, and since then it's been very insufficient.

This is an article on how our loanees are getting on, but read the bit in part two on the player at Lorient.

It should be noted that Romain Faivre is supposed to be one of the leaders of the Lorient attack, because the players around him are very young and lack experience in Ligue 1.

He had a very good start to the season (the first six games), where he was influential in the game, inspired, decisive. He therefore lived up to the expectations placed on him.
But for the past month, it's been very complicated. He's no longer decisive, his game lacks ‘madness’, he doesn't create any differences with the ball at his feet.

He's a shadow of his former self, and if the Lorient attack is struggling today, his performances are no stranger to it (even if he's not the only one responsible obviously). So to sum up, six very interesting matches, and since then it's been very insufficient.

Has Neil Moss been moonlighting over in France by any chance ???

Will be interesting to see if he does ever come to us or if we were just funding a signing for Lorient.

;