Rotherham United v AFC Bournemouth

Win at home, draw away and we’ll be fine.

I thought we coped well against the sort of team we usually struggle with. We could still be a bit more physical ourselves at times but we kept playing and created some good chances despite their niggly fouling and a laid back referee.

Great to see JT change personnel and formation during the game and for it to have an immediate impact. We really do have a very good manager with an astute team of coaches around him.

Plenty of fight and effort from our lads today and a well deserved point in the end. Now we just need to make sure we win the next one !

:utc:

They were more inventive than us, leaped higher than us and caused us problems.

I think we have to expect most teams will up their games against us.

We didn't look superior in any position other than Goalie.

I thought the Ref was the biggest factor in our performance today,He went along with Rovrum’s “falling-over” tactic’s throughout the game, consequently it completely stopped any flow we tried to generate. As Willo and Kris said: “....there were 1,600,000 fouls in this game” (or words to this effect)

Rotherham had 13 shots on goal, two more than AFCB.

Both sides had 5 shots on target.

They had 7 corners to our 4.

So overall it was an even game and after watching it a draw seems a fair result.

Rotherham had 13 shots on goal, two more than AFCB.

Both sides had 5 shots on target.

They had 7 corners to our 4.

So overall it was an even game and after watching it a draw seems a fair result.
I haven’t been over there but I imagine that the Rotherham fans’ forums are probably singing their side’s praises. I think they were well up for this game and wanted to prove a point against us. I am guessing that is the best they’ve played all season. They fought so hard and gave everything for 90 minutes. So the fact that we managed not to lose is a big positive. We’ve lost plenty of those sort of games in the past and all of the fancied teams too. The fact that we didn’t give in to frustration with their physicality and the referee’s obliviousness to it but kept plugging away, trying to play football, showed great character IMO.
I’m really starting to like this group of players and I haven’t been able to say that for a couple of seasons at least.

I haven’t been over there but I imagine that the Rotherham fans’ forums are probably singing their side’s praises. I think they were well up for this game and wanted to prove a point against us. I am guessing that is the best they’ve played all season. They fought so hard and gave everything for 90 minutes. So the fact that we managed not to lose is a big positive. We’ve lost plenty of those sort of games in the past and all of the fancied teams too. The fact that we didn’t give in to frustration with their physicality and the referee’s obliviousness to it but kept plugging away, trying to play football, showed great character IMO.
I’m really starting to like this group of players and I haven’t been able to say that for a couple of seasons at least.

Mostly realistic apart from they thought the ref. was on our side?
https://www.millersbanter.co.uk/t67181801/team-v-afcb/?page=3

;