Ryan Christie

Need to see how Romans/Normans were ejected from UK.

Scots were conquered but we generously handed back a semblance of control? Still living our shadows afaik.

.... any more straws I can clutch at? :D

May be distasteful (particularly to our Guardian readers), but weak tribes/countries get dominated by stronger nations. Not nice, but human nature.

Lol, I'm not Scottish or any sort of expert in British history at all but surely you have that completely the wrong way around. The only reason Scotland today is seen as a separate country to England, as opposed to say Wessex, is that they didn't get invaded by as many times as England.

Need to see how Romans/Normans were ejected from UK.

Scots were conquered but we generously handed back a semblance of control? Still living our shadows afaik.

.... any more straws I can clutch at? :D

May be distasteful (particularly to our Guardian readers), but weak tribes/countries get dominated by stronger nations. Not nice, but human nature.
So small weak countries would be better off uniting with their neighbours for mutual benefit ?

Lol, I'm not Scottish or any sort of expert in British history at all but surely you have that completely the wrong way around. The only reason Scotland today is seen as a separate country to England, as opposed to say Wessex, is that they didn't get invaded by as many times as England.
Wessex is more hospitable place to live in though

;