Ryan Christie

I have a mate who is a scout and apparently Kelleher at Liverpool is after a move to become first choice somewhere. I’d be happy if we went all out for him. £20/25M the price apparently. Well worth it imo
Do you think he's good enough? He's kind of protected at Liverpool. I wonder how he'd do behind a weaker defence. Could be a good option, though.

Did anyone go to Sincil Bank Lincoln away in 2003 we won 2-1 a strong 280 hardcore unit year we went up in playoffs. Alan Connell scored. Quite a musky place Lincoln the vapor of potatoes and that Norman Cathedral casting a massive shadow over the whole city.
Been to Lincoln away long ago, not sure exactly when, but for me the walk down from that Carhedral hit the back of my legs more than that bizarre virtual vertical never ending walk up to that Cathedral!

Anyway and as I said on another thread, I thought Christie was absolutely outstanding for us today. Let's hope the top half of the table sides didn't notice!!!
Bearing in mind how influential he is to our play and the fact that all of the team trust him to the extent that they give him the ball in the tightest of situations, surely there has to be a very strong case for him to be made captain ?
He could influence the game and our performance way more from midfield than Neto can.
If it was down to me, Christie would already be captain.
He has such a great attitude and work rate and is so critical to everything we do. It seems crazy to have the goalie as captain now, IMO.

Bearing in mind how influential he is to our play and the fact that all of the team trust him to the extent that they give him the ball in the tightest of situations, surely there has to be a very strong case for him to be made captain ?
He could influence the game and our performance way more from midfield than Neto can.
If it was down to me, Christie would already be captain.
He has such a great attitude and work rate and is so critical to everything we do. It seems crazy to have the goalie as captain now, IMO.
Totally see what you're saying. I think Senesi would be good too. I just think Andoni will wait until end of season when I think we will also be looking for a GK upgrade. Things are working at the mo, so I don't think he'll want to do anything that might affect Neto's confidence. It does seem silly to have a keeper captain, though as you say.

Totally see what you're saying. I think Senesi would be good too. I just think Andoni will wait until end of season when I think we will also be looking for a GK upgrade. Things are working at the mo, so I don't think he'll want to do anything that might affect Neto's confidence. It does seem silly to have a keeper captain, though as you say.
Oh yes. I’m not advocating a change mid-season, that sends the wrong message. But in the summer surely ?

Previously we never really had a strong candidate and Neto got the captaincy but for me Christie epitomises everything you’d like to see from your team captain.

I agree that the summer would be the right time to reassess the situation.

Do you think he's good enough? He's kind of protected at Liverpool. I wonder how he'd do behind a weaker defence. Could be a good option, though.
He must be an upgrade on the four mediocre keepers we currently have. He’ll be playing on TV this afternoon, I’ll be interested to see how he gets on, I don’t think I’ve seen him play before

Christie explained: “It’s been strange (playing deep).

“It came around because of an injury crisis, but I don’t think there’s any turning back.

“It might be the classic getting deeper as you get older. But I’m loving it.

“The manager at club level has been amazing with me and I’ve managed to play a lot of games this season and gain a bit of consistency.

“It came around because of an injury crisis, but I don’t think there’s any turning back.

“The manager at club level has been amazing with me and I’ve managed to play a lot of games this season and gain a bit of consistency.

Although as Adams regains fitness, he might actually find himself pushed forwards once again ! Still, we know that he is adaptable and always gives 100%, so no cause for concern.
AI will surely figure out a way of getting the most out of the players at his disposal.

That can’t be right, Neil Dawson said that Iraola always planned to use him in a deeper midfield role. I’m sure Christie is just remembering it wrong.

That can’t be right, Neil Dawson said that Iraola always planned to use him in a deeper midfield role. I’m sure Christie is just remembering it wrong.
You’re such a goading cock. If you paid more attention to us and not Forest and your next user name you might remember how Iraola played him there in pre season before any injuries and clearly Christie hasn’t ’remembered anything wrong’ as in this quote to Sky sports…
IMG_3209.jpeg

;