Ryan Christie

Not really. We learnt nothing new today, we know he will run himself in to the ground for the cause, we also know that he doesn’t have the quality required to score or assist at this level. I think there could be a place for him in the side right now in the centre of the park for sure, but never ever in an attacking role. I still think that a four year extension was completely excessive, I could have understood an extra year but four is too many imo.

he played well. I know you're trying to be objective, bit its tinged with a negative slant after a superb team performance that had Dean Court buzzing for first time in a while.

Christie played his part well.

Have to say he was outstanding yesterday. I even thought we didn't miss Lerma with Christie in that deeper position. The amount of times he won the ball back off the oppo was incredible and he never looks to pass backwards or sideways his first thought is to drive forwards with the ball. We all know how much energy he has and we are all aware that he lacks shooting ability and "assists" (wasn't even a thing back when) but if he can win the ball in the middle of the park like that then we don't need him to play more advanced. If he can continue playing as well as that yesterday maybe even Dawson might admit he is actually a key component of our team.

He’s really good carrying the ball and can get past one or two players with ease. The problem with him is usually the decision making after that.

In a deeper role, like he played yesterday, he gets to do more of what he’s good at. And he has more passing options, which helps him, as he generally struggles with that after progressing 15-20 yards.

With the work rate he showed yesterday, it looks like he might have found his sweet spot in the team.

None of this would have worked though if Kluivert wasn’t excellent off the ball, with a spot on press and making smart runs.

IMO Kluivert wasn’t MOTM yesterday, but his addition to the team was huge. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot more of him in the 10 position. Him and Senesi I’m sure slept feeling a lot better about their chances of being starters in the team moving forward.

Have to say he was outstanding yesterday. I even thought we didn't miss Lerma with Christie in that deeper position. The amount of times he won the ball back off the oppo was incredible and he never looks to pass backwards or sideways his first thought is to drive forwards with the ball. We all know how much energy he has and we are all aware that he lacks shooting ability and "assists" (wasn't even a thing back when) but if he can win the ball in the middle of the park like that then we don't need him to play more advanced. If he can continue playing as well as that yesterday maybe even Dawson might admit he is actually a key component of our team.
I made a joke about Richard Hughes signing him as a last thing before he went out the door and some fanboys got the hump.

My view on Christie has always been the same. He has to play deeper. He did yesterday and was superb. The guys effort, application and ability to get the game going are second to none in our squad. All I’ve ever said is you can’t have someone so bad at finishing or playing the correct final ball in a front three or four. Particularly in a side that doesn’t score a lot in a league that doesn’t offer much up.

I won’t ever change my mind on that unless he starts demonstrating composure and a finish. Am I happy for him to start every week in the position he did yesterday… 100% I am.

Yeah, was great yesterday playing deeper. A better use of his energy. Still don’t think he is a winger or a 10 (think Brooks and Billing have shown they can play there more effectively), but his position really suited his game yesterday.

Yeah, was great yesterday playing deeper. A better use of his energy. Still don’t think he is a winger or a 10 (think Brooks and Billing have shown they can play there more effectively), but his position really suited his game yesterday.
He's a nutter, that's what he is. After the game when the players were walking around the pitch, he was still running around. Never seen a player with that much energy in my life.

People on here write with their own agendas front and centre. A few people claiming he is MOM yesterday. Tends to be reflective of the style of football they like to watch and our club has a history of adoring players who run around a lot as opposed to people who actually do meaningful things in the final third.

We had three songs for Rantie but moaned at Pitman, preferred Fletcher to Quinn… modern day equivalent is adoring Christie and whinging at Billing. It’s an odd thing and I’ve never understood it but each to their own.

What’s perhaps more telling is the clubs official site have picked four players to vote between for MOM and Christie isn’t one of them. That unbiased view is as true a view as you will get in these circumstances.

People on here write with their own agendas front and centre. A few people claiming he is MOM yesterday. Tends to be reflective of the style of football they like to watch and our club has a history of adoring players who run around a lot as opposed to people who actually do meaningful things in the final third.

We had three songs for Rantie but moaned at Pitman, preferred Fletcher to Quinn… modern day equivalent is adoring Christie and whinging at Billing. It’s an odd thing and I’ve never understood it but each to their own.

What’s perhaps more telling is the clubs official site have picked four players to vote between for MOM and Christie isn’t one of them. That unbiased view is as true a view as you will get in these circumstances.
Very difficult to pick a MOM from yesterday. Christie, Cook and Dom all worthy shouts IMO. No player had a poor game.

Brilliant. It’s the opinion of one person who runs the social media page. Trying to search for the closest thing to your own opinion doesn’t make it unbiased.

IMG_6284.jpegIMG_6285.jpeg

This would be a good subject for your next seminar

so not sure if I understand this correctly (probably not) but it seems your moaning about people having opinions about MOM that doesn't agree with another person's picks for MOM?

I never understood the moaning about Quinn on the terraces when he was playing for us! IMHO he was absolute quality at our then level!

I remember Exeter away when he was clean through. Instead of running through and rounding the keeper, he just smashed it in from around 30 yards out!

Also remember Birmingham away when they had shot after shot after shot. We had one counter attack in the whole game and Quinn scored from a far post headed cross and we incredibly ended up winning 1-0.

;