Ryder Cup 2023

Kenya Cherrie

UTC Legend
Europe smashing the Yanks in the morning foursomes 4-0
Afternoon four-balls just starting with Europe up in 2 of the matches.
The crowds are well up for it.

Not a golf player or much of a fan but what a long weekend it would be to be in Rome this week.

Europe putting real pressure on today.

Long way to go, don’t think it’s over yet.
Golf can change very quickly - but you’re right, a great start.

i wonder if the Brexiters are supporting Europe.

So much happening this weekend in the sporting world, I was going to go to Paris to see the Arc (horse racing) but would miss everything else, so decided to stay home glued to the two tvs.

Fitzpatrick on a rampage. -6 through 6. Excellent morning session, 3 of the “questionable” picks justifying their place so far.

Was at Gleneagles in 2014, the best multi-day event I ever experienced. Base camped in Edinburgh, went out every day and then other excursions. Top trip (although some of the locals thought I was American, so carried my Euro flag in my backpack).

I felt the American team was a bit suspect this year, but never imagined this start. Not over yet, lots of work to do tomorrow to make the Sunday singles redundant.

Adding some spice to my soup, the Toronto Blue Jays are closing in on a playoff spot. As said @Kenya Cherrie, a multi-tv weekend.

Some brilliant golf played today, Europe getting a deserved 61/2 - 1 1/2 lead after day one.
McIlroy and Fleetwood vs Thomas and Spieth should be a great 1st match tomorrow in the Foursomes.

;