safe standing/railed seating

would you like to see railed seating at the Vitality Stadium

• yes

Votes: 43 78.2%
  • no

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters
First stage is to divide seated areas into persistent standing and persistent seating. My elderly father has only been to two premier league away games he stopped because in both of those people stood in front of him, he didn’t see anything and all of his vain requests for them to sit down were met with ignorant, rude replies.

Now, I like to stand up all game too so I can see both sides but the resolution to this is so easy.

One simple solution would be for you to buy a ticket behind your Dad not in front of him : )

The Palace idea worked well. The front five rows of the away section were designated as seating rows and from what I saw everyone down there complied with it.

I think the club have been trying to do this for some time now, allocating the front sections as designated sitting and the rear as 'potential' standing... There are notes on the system when you hover over a seat... It's possibly the only thing they can do as standing isn't actually allowed in football grounds :)

No, not you Gary, my group were in either row 33 or 34.

I witnessed one (very tall) chap being asked to sit down by a steward because he was blocking the view of some of the people that were on the elevated wheelchair platform. Once again perfectly understandable but when he sat down he couldn't see because everyone in front of him were standing.

It is a difficult situation to resolve without adopting some form of traditional standing where people are free to move around, this would also enable people to buy tickets and then be with their mates rather than several rows or sections apart. but how can this possibly happen after Hillsborough, Taylor report and the massive safety concerns?
I believe the "very tall" chap was actually stood on the seat.

"A change in safety guidelines allows clubs to apply to put rail seats in stadiums when all attempts to persuade supporters not to stand have failed."

That pretty much counts us out then Rob.

99.99% of us sit down like lambs.

"Stand up if you love Bournemouth."

Oh crikey, that would mean I might get a long hard stare from a steward.

From the gaurdian:
In their manifesto, which will be launched this afternoon, the Liberal Democrats will call for the introduction of safe standing areas in all seater football stadia. Layla Moran, the party’s culture spokeswoman, said:

Football matches in this country should not be subject to the bureaucracy of executives and ministers who are stuck in the past, and don’t understand the game. People want to see safe-standing in their stadiums, they want the knock-on effect of a reduction in ticket prices, and they want to be free to enjoy the sport they love without restrictive red tape.​

Layla Moran also appears to be someone that 'doesn't understand the game'. I'm all for safe-standing, but can't see it reducing ticket prices. And I'm not sure that being made to sit down counts as 'restrictive red tape'

I thought the idea of people sitting was for safety reasons, but I suppose they think it could bring in a few more votes.

Yes of course it will bring ticket prices down,................. Usual electioneering crap. Someone who doesn't know why all seater was introduced in the first place.

If I recall rightly, even the original Taylor report didn't say that standing was unsafe in itself - the lack of safety was more to do with the behaviours that went with it: the surges and sways, the density of the crowd. And of course the fact that everyone was fenced in like animals. Oh and the lying **************************** police and Government who tried to blame the fans.

If I understand safe standing correctly then you basically stand in the spot where your where your seat is so we just do what we currently do (especially at away games) in more safety. But it doesn't get any more people in the same amount of space so hard to see how it will result in any cheaper ticket prices.

In the recent Cherries Trust minutes, Neill Blake claimed that "Vitality Stadium is not set up for safe standing and given the club’s ambition is to return to the Premier League, it would not be sensible to make the modifications, only to have to return it back again when promoted".

Is there something he knows that the boards of Machester City, Manchester United, Spurs and Wolves don't?

Manchester City to install more than 5,000 rail seats - Football Supporters' Association (thefsa.org.uk)

In the recent Cherries Trust minutes, Neill Blake claimed that "Vitality Stadium is not set up for safe standing and given the club’s ambition is to return to the Premier League, it would not be sensible to make the modifications, only to have to return it back again when promoted".

Is there something he knows that the boards of Machester City, Manchester United, Spurs and Wolves don't?

Manchester City to install more than 5,000 rail seats - Football Supporters' Association (thefsa.org.uk)
Just added my response on this subject before I saw this. The claim that a return to the PL would mean having to make another change is clearly nonsense.

;