Saudi League

Equally, the argument about securing their financial future is an odd one. These are all already incredibly wealthy people who should already have secured their financial future.

If they want to take the money so they can go from being wealthy to ridiculously rich that's fine and their choice. Let's not pretend that without it they'd have been struggling to get by after retirement though.

Equally, the argument about securing their financial future is an odd one. These are all already incredibly wealthy people who should already have secured their financial future.

If they want to take the money so they can go from being wealthy to ridiculously rich that's fine and their choice. Let's not pretend that without it they'd have been struggling to get by after retirement though.

It’s not quite the days of Danny Hollands wanting a move to Charlton because he found himself with triplets on the way is it?! :)

I have no issue with the money side, it’s already another world to the ordinary people who actually attend games.

There will be foreign interest for sure as people without an allegiance to a team follow players, which seems to be far more regular globally these days.

In regards to the Premier League that may have a knock on effect in years to come on the global tv rights, but the domestic tv rights are still huge as well. I can’t see it being the needle to burst the Premier League bubble, more a slow puncture with clubs having time to adjust.

Can't speak for all Australians but I think the general feeling here is why bid if the result is already known? Most of the AFC nations have already declared their support for SA and Australia was burned in their last attempt (awarded to Qatar)... unfortunate as the Women's World Cup was a huge success.

We are also hosting the Olympics in 2032 and the current government would likely get hell from the opposition for any additional spend, especially for a failed bid.

FIFA have completely lost the plot. Qatar was a disgrace, but at least all the venues were close together. The next World Cup is to be held across the whole of North America with venues thousands of miles apart in three countries which will involve thousands of hours of flying for the teams.
The 2030 tournament is completely insane with games to be held in six countries across three continents. How they ever thought that was a good idea is completely incomprehensible. 2034 in Saudi almost certainly means another winter tournament and we all know the issues with that country, but at least the venues will be relatively close together and the country has a reasonable football history.
I hope that there will be a revolt by the biggest clubs against these ridiculous arrangements and the whole edifice comes tumbling down causing an outbreak of sanity at some later date which might restore the tournament to its previous significance in world sport.

FIFA have completely lost the plot. Qatar was a disgrace, but at least all the venues were close together. The next World Cup is to be held across the whole of North America with venues thousands of miles apart in three countries which will involve thousands of hours of flying for the teams.
The 2030 tournament is completely insane with games to be held in six countries across three continents. How they ever thought that was a good idea is completely incomprehensible. 2034 in Saudi almost certainly means another winter tournament and we all know the issues with that country, but at least the venues will be relatively close together and the country has a reasonable football history.
I hope that there will be a revolt by the biggest clubs against these ridiculous arrangements and the whole edifice comes tumbling down causing an outbreak of sanity at some later date which might restore the tournament to its previous significance in world sport.

Almost incomprehensible isn't it. Absolute clowns.

Not the best look for them last night with their 2034 bid... Turkish Supercup abandoned after apparently refusing to let them wear some tshirts and play the Turkish National Anthem, both teams refused to play. Also apparently police stormed the Fenerbahce dressing room to confiscate banners.

I see they’ve changed their quota’s from 8 to 10 overseas players per club, so they’ll be busy in the transfer market again.

;