scapegoating individuals in our team

If you say so. Most of the time I can't remember what I said last week . Luckily for me there are people who can trawl through old threads and posts to remind me. You can bleat on all you want but you're not going to change my opinion there's only one person who can do that , if and when he starts putting the ball in the onion sack at this level.
I dont need to trawl through old posts, but if you can't remember your continual posts last season!
As a comparison the first 78 games Rashford played for United he scored 17 goals but he started a lot more games. In a team that creates way more chances than us

I dont need to trawl through old posts, but if you can't remember your continual posts last season!
As a comparison the first 78 games Rashford played for United he scored 17 goals but he started a lot more games. In a team that creates way more chances than us
Thank God for Google , eh?
Comparing Solanke to Rashford gives you the award of being Dom's no 1 fan , hands down.

Last edited:
For me it’s not really so much about goal output this season for Dom, prime Ronaldo would struggle to get over ten goals playing in this team. It’s more to do with his all round game, I just don’t think it’s up to scratch to establish himself as a regular PL starter in the long term. If we go down does anybody honestly expect him to attract any top flight interest? I’d say it’s very unlikely, and that speaks volumes.

Other players listed previously on this thread have areas of their game that they really excel in and subsequently don’t just rely on goal output. For example:

-Igenacho has almost elite level technical ability on the ball.

-Antonio has insane strength and speed and is capable of holding off even the biggest centre halves to bring team mates into play.

-Another example, Daka, has lighting pace and is able to run away from almost any defender.

Dom doesn’t really have any outstanding attributes that make you think he is a player who could prosper at this level:

-he isn’t exactly slow but doesn’t seem to possess the turn of pace or anticipation to run away from opposition defenders on a consistent basis.

-his hold up play is very ordinary, he doesn’t have the strength to hold off defenders at this level and the ball rarely sticks with him when we need it to.

-His technical ability is a bit sub par also, he struggles at times to play even simple passes and has a tendency to hold onto the ball for too long.

For me his main quality is his goal scoring instinct, but these days it would seem that having that alone isn’t enough to sustain a career at the top level as a centre forward. Given his main attribute is goal scoring, I don’t think he’s done enough to justify being labelled as a PL standard forward imo.

Dom won me over after a dodgy start. I think he is a PL level forward but maybe not a PL level prolific scorer. It’s acceptable to have this difference in my book. There have been plenty of forwards outside the top six that have fitted this bill. It only becomes an issue when they play for a side that doesn’t score because they will have most of the spotlight put on them. Ultimately if they are not that player and/or the team don’t create many chances it’s not their fault.

….we probably all have players we like and those we don’t…but blaming an individual for results is a narrow minded and pointless excercise…however it is human nature that we often think we know better!… funny because in most other sports we don’t criticise like we do in football?… imagine saying to a golfer that he is rubbish if he misses a put or a darts player if he misses a double?
I have sat and listened to so many of our current team being skated constantly like Billing…Cook…..Kelly….and now Solanke is starting to be got at…
Why be so negative get behind the team and use your energies to be more positive…and accept players will make mistakes..have off days… feel a lack of confidence or belief at times especially if they hear the crowd getting on their backs…imagine if that happened in our workplaces?

What would happen if Rashford and Dom swapped places for the rest of the season....different standard players around them ?
Who would score the most then ?
Team Game......End of. :cuppa:

Every player in the privileged position that all PL players are, deserves to be scrutinised.

Dom, has had a bit of a mare since his return and shouldn't be undroppable.

That's not scapegoating, it's a fact.

Last edited:
Every player in the privileged position that all PL players are, deserves to be scrutinised.

Dom, has had a bit of a mare since his return and shouldn't be undroppable.

That's not scapegoating, it's a fact.
The clubs scrutinise every player’s performance.

Most of this objective to the fan who sees the games differently…I respect others opinions even if I know if I agreed with them then we would both be wrong !

;