Senesi's goal

richnrg

Star Player
Good to see that Gary O'Neil has solved our goal scoring problem - by getting Jimmy Glass to drive the players around the streets Bournemouth, one at a time in a Noddymobile. So far has a 100% success rate.

Senesi's goal was the first time a centre back has scored for us since October 2021, when Lloyd Kelly scored in the 3-0 home win against Huddersfield. That was the only goal scored by one of our centre backs (and sometimes we had three) in the entire season, which I find amazing, considering we finished second in the league. Our centre backs scored a grand total of zero goals in 2022.

I'm not sure if we are unusual in this respect, but it does seem that centre halves in other teams seem to chip in more often than ours.

Anyone got any stats?

Good to see that Gary O'Neil has solved our goal scoring problem - by getting Jimmy Glass to drive the players around the streets Bournemouth, one at a time in a Noddymobile. So far has a 100% success rate.

Senesi's goal was the first time a centre back has scored for us since October 2021, when Lloyd Kelly scored in the 3-0 home win against Huddersfield. That was the only goal scored by one of our centre backs (and sometimes we had three) in the entire season, which I find amazing, considering we finished second in the league. Our centre backs scored a grand total of zero goals in 2022.

I'm not sure if we are unusual in this respect, but it does seem that centre halves in other teams seem to chip in more often than ours.

Anyone got any stats?
To me it's the quality of the set pieces. On the whole, terrible for a number of seasons - but look at the delivery for Senesi's goal and you see the difference.

Remember nat Phillips nearly scoring from a corner routine - Preston away was it? - but that was an incredible stat from last season

thanks. a brief look suggests that my post is bullshit, and that 1 or 2 goals (per central defensive unit) is quite normal at this stage of the season, bar a few of the top teams

I wouldn't go that far, I think it's just relatively small numbers. If you think that most of the league won't exceed 10 goals from set pieces in the average season it doesn't leave a lot of opportunity for CBs to chip in.

;