Shoddy and Tired

Neil Dawson

UTC Legend
The two words that spring to mind watching that.

Same old, same old, same old. 4-4-2 Two in central midfield out ran and passed. Both holding midfielders with no vision. In front of them two out and out forwards who can’t link play or trick through (contrast with Maddison) who just face backwards with their hands on hips. This is where we lose every game away and most at home. No breaking three lines and if it wasn’t for Ake we would lose most games even more heavily. Then we throw on yet another forward to turn and face play and concede again. You could write the subs script for every game so the element of surprise is long gone.

And repeat

And repeat

Players on cruise control and management on cruise control. This urgently needs a massive shake up. New assistant perhaps with new ideas? Fat chance.

Pity those fansthat went. We have become a very dull and predictable outfit it pains me to say.

Cue Eddie telling us it’s a mystery. It isn’t Ed.

Cue the usual suspects on here telling us we should just be grateful we are not playing Bury today.

It was one of the dullest games I've watched in a long time. Not sure if it's me being tired or an actual reflection of play but I felt myself dozing off several times throughout as we had absolutely no zip about us and never looked like getting into the game.

Leicester did ok, chased the ball well but in truth barely had to show up to win.

We are becoming that perennial long serving PL side that can’t win away. A path well trodden for many Swansea, Wigan, Fulham of old. Have to freshen it up and have to go back to trying to dominate possession. This seasons ploy of sitting deep is turning into our least effective season and certainly our dullest

I think we may be paying the price for our unusual fast start to the season....we're normally motoring at this stage of the season......we look jaded.

It's days like today that clearly remind us that we are still one of the worst sides in the league. Today we were comprehensively outplayed by a mid-table side. Sure, they played well, but we offered absolutely nothing. It would not have been unfair had we lost by 4 today.

Well I normally try to be upbeat and positive but that was difficult to watch. So much to see that was disappointing, haven't seen so many players under performing since preseason friendlies. Not worth spending my time writing about it on here, I could be looking out the window as the retail parks of Leicester slowly drift past in the evening sunshine.
I hope that's as bad as it gets : )

To be fair I thought Leicester were ready for us. They out played us everywhere and won so many loose or 50:50 balls. We looked harassed, tired and bereft of ideas. I can cope with losing to teams like that away from home (occasionally) BUT It must be said no one had a good game today.

Vardy kept running into offside positions waiting for the through ball, did we let him run? Oh no, we back tracked playing him onside thus putting our selves under pressure. Maybe we don't trust the linesman any more to get these decisions right.

Brooks overrated?
Need to replace JT?

Christ alive. Some of the comments on here.... Get a grip.

I didn’t mean replace JT. I meant leave him as a first team coach but go get a number 2 who has experience of different formations and plans to play between the lines.

Alex Ferguson stayed at the top by adapting constantly bringing in new right hand men constantly who understood new trends.

Maybe he should have ‘got a grip’ and kept the same bloke for twenty years?

It's days like today that clearly remind us that we are still one of the worst sides in the league. Today we were comprehensively outplayed by a mid-table side. Sure, they played well, but we offered absolutely nothing. It would not have been unfair had we lost by 4 today.

Worth saying that you shouldn’t regard Leicester as a mid-table team. On their day they can take points off Liverpool and Man City but have struggled against weaker sides. Team most likely to come 7th imho.

Leicester looked pretty good which was in part due to us being bad but we never played in a way to hurt them. Lack of creativity in how we attacked, a distinct lack of any overlapping and gave the ball away a lot too cheaply to build much pressure.
Seen these kind of performances before and it’s a million miles from what we are capable of but consitancy is something we struggle with for whatever reason.

;